Man I've been hawkpondering the gun for a long time now, and I know it makes it easier but I just don't find it hard enough without the gun to get one.

It's the mess it saves me that makes it worth it. No solvent and no double sided tape.

It's the mess it saves me that makes it worth it. No solvent and no double sided tape.

Im with you. No worries, no fuss, easy on, easy off, easy adjustments.
I like the THP logo showing of course.

I'd first have to find a pure grip that I like which I have not to this point, however I will admit I have not tried most of them and I'm sure there is one that would work well for me. I normally use midsize grips with an extra wrap of tape around the bottom hand, and I have found to this point, the selection of pure grips in the midsize range is not great. I'm going to go to their site right now and see whats cooking.

I just dont see what everyone likes about these grips, I dislike them very much. I guess its about the ease of installation since they feel terrible. But just my opinion.

All that plus how quick it is. I will hit the re-shafted driver tomorrow and if I decide I want a few wraps just come home, pop it off, install tape, pop it back on.

And like JB, THP logo always showed nice and center.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I just dont see what everyone likes about these grips, I dislike them very much. I guess its about the ease of installation since they feel terrible. But just my opinion.

I have tried ab few different versions but have found 2 types that I really like.

I really do like the way the grip feels. I have also learned that it is almost exactly the same as the standard Bridgestone grips so I will be happy feel wise.

I think these are tacky and pretty soft. Personally, I hate the roughness of cords.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I think these are tacky and pretty soft. Personally, I hate the roughness of cords.

Me too and that is why I like them so much.

I have tried ab few different versions but have found 2 types that I really like.

They have different types? I didnt even know that.

LOL @ the first time I tried installing a PURE grip at THP HQ. I blew a razr hawk driver clean across their garage! The look on JB's face was priceless.

I had Pures on my last set and thought they felt great. I have been really wanting to try the midsize grips. I just got the R11s not to long ago and will wait for those to wear down first.

I had Pures on my last set and thought they felt great. I have been really wanting to try the midsize grips. I just got the R11s not to long ago and will wait for those to wear down first.

I have a few lying around, PM me and I can ship you a few.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I had a Pure on one of my drivers but took it off. I dunno, guess Im just not much of a fan.

I took off a taped grip a few nights ago with a compressor. It was pretty easy. To help loosen the adhesive I used a syringe to inject mineral spirits between the grip and tape. Put it back on without tape and it seems fine.

LOL @ the first time I tried installing a PURE grip at THP HQ. I blew a razr hawk driver clean across their garage! The look on JB's face was priceless.

hahaha... nice!

hahaha... nice!

hahaha, it was somewhat embarrassing yet entertaining. He immediately regripped the club for me, lol

He may have just been concerned for his own safety and wanted that compressor out of your hands. still nice of him though... :D

That is great. That is one way to get somebody else to grip your clubs for you. HAHA

Please tell me there is video?

I want a Pure gun. I have THP grips sitting in my room waiting to get put on my clubs, but I don't want to spend the money, and I don't trust myself with tape and solvent. Only problem is that the only air compressor I have works out of a car (cigarette lighter), and I don't know if it reaches 60 psi. I can't afford an air compressor. I'll have to look more into this.

I want a Pure gun. I have THP grips sitting in my room waiting to get put on my clubs, but I don't want to spend the money, and I don't trust myself with tape and solvent. Only problem is that the only air compressor I have works out of a car (cigarette lighter), and I don't know if it reaches 60 psi. I can't afford an air compressor. I'll have to look more into this.

if it's anything like car compressors i've had in the past, it's no where near what you need.

if it's anything like car compressors i've had in the past, it's no where near what you need.

That's what I figured... I really only use it for sports balls and tires occasionally. But the box says 300 psi. It sounds kind of powerful but not that powerful.

That's what I figured... I really only use it for sports balls and tires occasionally. But the box says 300 psi. It sounds kind of powerful but not that powerful.

Ya that's pretty much what mine was for and I really can't imagine it putting out much force.

Ya that's pretty much what mine was for and I really can't imagine it putting out much force.

I think I may try anyways. Getting my clubs regripped is costly. If I could save in the future by doing it with the Pure gun, that would rule.

Back