How much would you pay for 18 holes?

I stayed at the Greenbrier this past summerand didnt play. The greens fees were around $180. If I had a friend there then I may have done it.

I would pay 500 to play PB. It isn't something that you are going to play all the time.

The most I've paid is around 80 bucks. I would pay more to play more nice course but most of friends wouldn't cough up the occassional 100 or so once or twice a summer for a round.

I would pay 500 to play PB. It isn't something that you are going to play all the time.

The most I've paid is around 80 bucks. I would pay more to play more nice course but most of friends wouldn't cough up the occassional 100 or so once or twice a summer for a round.

My friends are the same way, they always want to play at the cheapest course and then they complain about how busy it is and what bad shape the course is in. You get what you pay for, I don't mind splurging a couple of times a summer, good thing my father in law feels the same way.

I'm curious why ppl will dismember themselves for Augusta but won't play PB. PB can happen tomorrow, unless you are connected, know one of the few members that live in the US or are will to pony up 10K, it'll never happen. But PB has some serious history of its own and arguably is much nicer piece of land. Just curious

I think it has to do with the fact that If you turn down PB, you can go back next year and play it for that same $500. If you turn down Augusta, you might not ever got a chance at it again. If you told me you were going to PB and asked me to go for $500, I would have to turn you down right now, just can't justify the expense. If you made the same offer for Augusta, I would have to take it. I could find the money, I can't turn that oppurtunity down.

That being said I will definitely play Pebble Beach someday, just not in the cards right now.

I'm curious why ppl will dismember themselves for Augusta but won't play PB. PB can happen tomorrow, unless you are connected, know one of the few members that live in the US or are will to pony up 10K, it'll never happen. But PB has some serious history of its own and arguably is much nicer piece of land. Just curious

Exclusivity I'd imagine. Being able to say you've played a course that hardly anyone gets the chance to play, but everyone holds as an example of a top class course.

I've paid $100 a couple of times, but that is pretty much my limit. High price doesn't mean it will be fun or be a great course. I've paid less and had a better time. The price does not have to be high to make it good. Some of the best courses I've ever been on were $25.

I've paid $100 a couple of times, but that is pretty much my limit. High price doesn't mean it will be fun or be a great course. I've paid less and had a better time. The price does not have to be high to make it good. Some of the best courses I've ever been on were $25.

I would have to say Indiana has some of the best value golf in the US even though I am slightly biased we have very few courses in the state that are over $100 but some very nice courses!

Tadashi, I think it has a lot more to do (for me) with the history and what I've seen there as I've grown up in the golf world. Almost every hole has had some exciting golf memory done on it that I can name a player that I either saw do something special on or history has it documented forever. I've been to the tournament 2 of the last 3 years and it is unlike anything I've seen. So to me, it's more playing the 11th hole, standing on the green and saying, "this is where Larry Mize made his amazing chip to win the tournament". Standing in the 13th fairway, in the right trees and pine needles saying, "this is where Phil hit the greatest 6 iron of all time". To me, that would be worth the money. Not to mention playing a pretty darn nice course on top of it.

Fact PB was in tiger woods PGA tour. It took over 10 years for Augusta to get in that game. Nuff said haha

Tuesday I paid $19.99 for my round. After 1PM and winter rates. The most expensive courses Ive actually played were in Hawaii at Turtle Bay which was just over $200 I think and the resort we were staying at was over $100.

I'm considering plopping down $150 for the Dormie Club. That is outrageous for me though. Normally I am a golfnow cheapest deal person

That would be $180 a round at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge golf course last year. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was totally worth it.
I have played quite a few resort and destination courses, many of them in coolbreeze's part of the world (Crown Isle, Eaglecrest, Morningstar, Fairwinds, and more.) and the "local" courses like Kananaskis (RT Jones Senior).
I don't think most places charge too much for green fees for any of those kind of places. When you play there and go home you have memories and pictures to carry with you and you can always say "yes, I played there".

Life is too short not to take the opportunity when it presents itself to go and enjoy some of the best courses you can afford.

$500 for a round of golf at Pebble Beach? Do I get the whole course to myself? No? Then the answer is "no thanks". $200 would be my top-end limit. Thus, I will never get to play there, ever. I feel confident that I can deal with the adversity.

The most i paid is about £150 which is probably about $250 and that was in Dubai a few times but I did pay about $50 for a par 3 course which looking back was shocking!

I think the most I have paid is $75-80...but I try to keep the cost of the majority of my rounds under $50.

I will play the Donald Ross course at French Lick this year at $120 ($90 off peak hours) and seriously considering the Pete Dye as well at ~$350. Buddy said just this week he could us on Victoria National for $150 and I'd definitely do that if his connection comes through. Nationwide will be there 6/29-7/2 and all 4 rounds are televised so you'll all get to see that one.

I have just spent a good 20 mins reading this thread - very interesting to hear people's thoughts. I would easily pay $500 to play Augusta or Pebble Beach - as long as someone payed for my flights of course!

The cheapest 18 hole course near me is $15 dollars (I have converted all the currencies for you), whilst Wentworth is just up the road but is $550 in peak season to play the West Course! I normally pay around $45 for a round.

I stayed at The Wynn in Las Vegas a year or two ago, I think that was around $250 but was well worth it just for the experience.

100, but I haven't played many courses

most i would go would be $300 if it was the old course. I don't see that happening anytime soon

most i would go would be $300 if it was the old course. I don't see that happening anytime soon

Yes, I will play the Old Course. It's just a matter of how soon. Thinking probably next year. I see it more as a pilgrimage than just a round of golf (albeit on a famous, beautiful links course).

Just hope I bring my A game <g> ........ I sometimes imagine hacking it horribly around there, having waited (while I worked) years for the experience.

There is a bucket list of courses that i would pay what it took to play. A local course is about $40 but i will pay up to abut $150 for some of the mountain courses here in Colorado.

Definitely, I´d pay 500 $ for play in PB, but only one time...., the same or more for Augusta, then I can R.I.P., is my dream....

¿Is Pebble the expensive one in USA?
Here in Spain, the expensive one is Valderrama, arround 425 $, but I won´t pay that for play there, no way....., there´s better courses in Spain cheapper.

At the moment, I never paid more than 125 $

Back