Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He averaged almost half as much as the 50 points you were spouting about a little bit ago.
I urge you before you want to compare, to watch any of those Wilt games. He was a guy that never played defense for his team, a completely selfish player that never passed the ball. With the rules in place the way they were, Russell absolutely owned Wilt. Once again, you are only looking at box scores. There is so much more to NBA games than just a box score.

Yes I understand that perspective plays a big role but I don't have that On this topic (yet). So I look at what I can. You keep telling me this and again, I get it. I guess I'm just not allowed to have an opinion on things I haven't seen.

It's just a little weird because I recall one time in particular (Titleist 910 driver thread I think) you saying about drivers that it's ALL about numbers. Evidently it is not, and I get that 100%. Just odd to see you preaching two different sides.

Im not saying you cant have an opinion, anybody can have one. But dont expect people to always agree with you on it when you have not seen what you are disputing. Let me put it in a golf perspective.

If I tell you a driver is the best there ever was and the numbers show its the best on tour, would you run out and buy it without even seeing a video of it, let alone trying it?

Bill Russell. 11 titles in 13 years and would have won the 12th minus injury. He did everything his team wanted and needed and stopped the "unstoppable force". He was the best in the world for a long time and due to his rocky relationship with the media in the 60s and 70s, he never got his due, but has in the last 10 years, especially when someone like Shaq called him the best that ever played defense on the air.

I cant really make an arguement against Bill Russell, dude was a beast and i love the way he went about his business. He didnt dominate the glass and defensive end with size or superior athletic ability, but with supreme effort and great anticipation. Watching games from 50 years can make basketball seem like a different sport at times but i like watching footage of russell play, he had an uncanny abilitly to always be in the right place and was so committed to the team. I think because of the way he played and understood the game, he would be able to jump right in and be a great player in today's league....i dont get that feeling so much with Wilt.

It's just a little weird because I recall one time in particular (Titleist 910 driver thread I think) you saying about drivers that it's ALL about numbers. Evidently it is not, and I get that 100%. Just odd to see you preaching two different sides.

And please dont put words in my mouth. You are comparing apples and oranges. Picking something that works for one's golf game (as I described above) can be actually measured to show what works best.

Basing an NBA opinion on a box score without ever seeing what your opinion is based on is completely different!

Golf fitting and NBA box score are completely different things. But based on the 1st page, I will now bow out and leave you to your opinions.

Im not saying you cant have an opinion, anybody can have one. But dont expect people to always agree with you on it when you have not seen what you are disputing. Let me put it in a golf perspective.

If I tell you a driver is the best there ever was and the numbers show its the best on tour, would you run out and buy it without even seeing a video of it, let alone trying it?

YES! which one is it? i want it.....i need it!

This nuggets/sixers game has been awesome. The more i watch this sixers team the more I like them.

Andre Miller is playing out of his mind though, OT should be interesting.

This nuggets/sixers game has been awesome. The more i watch this sixers team the more I like them.

Andre Miller is playing out of his mind though, OT should be interesting.

Sucks for Philly they lost.

Delonte West is such a scrappy player. I like the way he plays. If they could ever get him mentally stable for a while, he'd be a really good player.

Delonte West is such a scrappy player. I like the way he plays. If they could ever get him mentally stable for a while, he'd be a really good player.

Yea i like his game, especially when it comes to moms, but his basketball game is pretty good too.

Thunder just signed Westbrook to the max 5yr/$78mil extension. The Durant/Westbrook duo is now locked up til 2018. Should be fun to see where those two can take their games and team together.

One thing I wanted to say last night and I fell asleep was DeAndre Jordan can jump through the damn roof of the gym. Holy cow. I love to watch shot blockers, and he's awesome to watch.

Thunder just signed Westbrook to the max 5yr/$78mil extension. The Durant/Westbrook duo is now locked up til 2018. Should be fun to see where those two can take their games and team together.

That's awesome for them. Unfortunately, I just can't see them winning more than maybe one Championship with the Heat and the Clippers and even the Bulls around to contend. I hope they do though, I like that team a lot.

That's awesome for them. Unfortunately, I just can't see them winning more than maybe one Championship with the Heat and the Clippers and even the Bulls around to contend. I hope they do though, I like that team a lot.

A lot of good competition for sure, and the thunder definitely have some work to do to raise their game to a championship level. Durant and westbrook are both really good guys and are really committed to the team, I just hope having so much money locked up in those two doesnt hurt the team in the future. OKC is a pretty small market, so they'll have their work cut out for them but i really hope they do make it work.

Just tossing this out there, major skim as I haven't been keeping up with this thread- thoughts about Kobe and his knee? Does anyone else question the fact that he went to Europe to have his knee operated there on as the procedure IS illegal here? Is it just me or does this seem fishy to anyone else?

Just tossing this out there, major skim as I haven't been keeping up with this thread- thoughts about Kobe and his knee? Does anyone else question the fact that he went to Europe to have his knee operated there on as the procedure IS illegal here? Is it just me or does this seem fishy to anyone else?

IIRC it's not illegal here, it just hasn't been approved by the FDA. But I could be wrong on that.

edit. I guess that makes it kind of illegal. It seems that they may be interested in doing it in the US, but noone is licensed to do it yet. Ok I'm gonna shutup now. I know what my brain is thinking, but I can't put it into words.

IIRC it's not illegal here, it just hasn't been approved by the FDA. But I could be wrong on that.

You may be right. If that is the case, then I guess my stance would soften slightly. It still seems off to me though.

And in his defense, it seems to have worked magic.... and I guess that is my issue.

A lot of good competition for sure, and the thunder definitely have some work to do to raise their game to a championship level. Durant and westbrook are both really good guys and are really committed to the team, I just hope having so much money locked up in those two doesnt hurt the team in the future. OKC is a pretty small market, so they'll have their work cut out for them but i really hope they do make it work.

I agree we are a small market, but if I'm not mistaken they have had one of the top attendance rates in the NBA. Plus, I think more people will want to watch the Thunder with Durant and Westbrook there. I think they are making all the right moves so far. Only time will tell.

edit. I guess that makes it kind of illegal. It seems that they may be interested in doing it in the US, but noone is licensed to do it yet. Ok I'm gonna shutup now. I know what my brain is thinking, but I can't put it into words.

It has not been approved by the FDA, but I am not sure I would say "yet". Im not sure it will be.

You may be right. If that is the case, then I guess my stance would soften slightly. It still seems off to me though.

I stand in the middle on this one. I have an issue with it mildly because of so many rules mandated on the league and team doctors and now the players can just do whatever they want. However if a team doctor would have done this, he would be unemployed, and possibly even charged.

It has not been approved by the FDA, but I am not sure I would say "yet". Im not sure it will be.

I stand in the middle on this one. I have an issue with it mildly because of so many rules mandated on the league and team doctors and now the players can just do whatever they want. However if a team doctor would have done this, he would be unemployed, and possibly even charged.

Yeah, I agree with you. I don't really know much about it, but the fact that he had to go overseas to get it done is enough for me.

I think there are quite a few athletes that have gone over to Germany for this type of procedure, there just havent been any long term studies on its effectiveness and safety.

From my understanding its a procedure that basically uses your body to heal another part of your body. Im all for that kind of medical technology.

also, they olympic and cycling governing bodies have deemed it fair play, if that counts for anything.

I think there are quite a few athletes that have gone over to Germany for this type of procedure, there just havent been any long term studies on its effectiveness and safety.

From my understanding its a procedure that basically uses your body to heal another part of your body. Im all for that kind of medical technology.

also, they olympic and cycling governing bodies have deemed it fair play, if that counts for anything.

Yeah but you can see all the crap thats come from cycling and olympics in the past from doping.

Thanks for posting that bahester. Really good analysis in there. I love reading that kind of stuff.

Am i missing something here? i thought the procedure he had was PRP therapy? Thats something that is performed in the US all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back