Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose needs to make more shots. He's like Monte Ellis out there sometimes. 11-28 today. Geez. And Wade was 4-16.

His biggest help was watching this game from the sidelines. Not to mention his backup, who gives him some often needed rest.

I don't see what they've changed from last year. They foul more and now Hamilton takes shots instead of Korver and whatever the hell the other 2 guards name was. Hamilton is a defensive upgrade, for sure.

Should be a good one. I'm not sure how Deng being out constitutes "severely depleted". Lacking, yes. Severely depleted, no.

If you watch the bulls you'd know how important deng is to them. He literally does everything, and does it well. He also spends more time on the court than anybody and is the 'glue' player for the 1st and 2nd units. That being said, cj watson was also out, the number 1 scoring option off the bench and the guy that spells rose. But to me, deng alone is so important to the team that, that id call it a severe blow.

Anyway, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. No excuses for the bulls, they had a chance to win this game and blew it.

If you watch the bulls you'd know how important deng is to them. He literally does everything, and does it well. He also spends more time on the court than anybody and is the 'glue' player for the 1st and 2nd units. That being said, cj watson was also out, the number 1 scoring option off the bench and the guy that spells rose. But to me, deng alone is so important to the team that, that id call it a severe blow.

Anyway, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. No excuses for the bulls, they had a chance to win this game and blew it.

Touche. It will be a good series regardless. Wouldn't be surprised to see a game 7 as the bulls clearly know how to get to Wade, they just haven't figured LeBron out yet.

Yeah Deng is really important to them. He's a great all-around player. Heat-Bulls would be a good series, but I don't think they have an answer for LeBron.

Rose needs to make more shots. He's like Monte Ellis out there sometimes. 11-28 today. Geez. And Wade was 4-16.

Definitely. I think rose missed 3 layups today, and a couple of open shots...especially his last shot...that he needs to make if the bulls are gonna take the next step.

I dont know what was up with wade, to me it looked like hamilton was bothering him a little bit which was a little surprising.

Definitely. I think rose missed 3 layups today, and a couple of open shots...especially his last shot...that he needs to make if the bulls are gonna take the next step.

I dont know what was up with wade, to me it looked like hamilton was bothering him a little bit which was a little surprising.

I wouldn't be too surprised. Hamilton is savvy and long as hell. The only problem I see is I don't know if the bulls can match up defensively for 7 games, 48 minutes a game with a shortened playoff schedule. I just don't think you can ask Deng to guard LeBron for 40 minutes a night for 7 games. Brewer can't guard him, and neither can Gibson. You can put Hamilton on Wade, but he's not as young as he used to be, and 7 games is a long time. On the flip side, as we saw in last seasons playoff when they stuck LeBron on Rose he had his way with him completely. The bulls can't allow that. If they fall into that trap again they won't win. If they can keep moving the ball and shoot the 3 well they have plenty of opportunity to win.

Touche. It will be a good series regardless. Wouldn't be surprised to see a game 7 as the bulls clearly know how to get to Wade, they just haven't figured LeBron out yet.

Yep. Slowing lebron is a nearly impossible task. The bulls try and do a lot of trapping lebron but with his size and passing ability, he can pretty much always get a good pass out of the trap....which usually means an open 19 footer for bosh...which he usually makes. So frustrating.

Yep. Slowing lebron is a nearly impossible task. The bulls try and do a lot of trapping lebron but with his size and passing ability, he can pretty much always get a good pass out of the trap....which usually means an open 19 footer for bosh...which he usually makes. So frustrating.

I think bosh is the X factor in a 7 game series with them. If they can take away Wade, and force LeBron to be a facilitator thats the first step. Then they have to get into Chris Boshs face and bully him. If they let him take the jumper all night, he'll make them. IMHO I think Asik or Gibson is the way to go against Bosh. Boozer can't guard him. Hell, Boozer can't guard anybody.

Yeah until he improves his FG %, they won't be able to beat the Heat IMO. And as for Wade, he's been off this whole season. He's shooting the ball terribly so far this year. Really been a detriment to the Heat sometimes.

I think bosh is the X factor in a 7 game series with them. If they can take away Wade, and force LeBron to be a facilitator thats the first step. Then they have to get into Chris Boshs face and bully him. If they let him take the jumper all night, he'll make them. IMHO I think Asik or Gibson is the way to go against Bosh. Boozer can't guard him. Hell, Boozer can't guard anybody.

Yea boozer is the worst. If he isnt producing on offense, like today, he is absolutely worthless. If they meet in the playoffs, the bulls will need to get 15pts a game out of boozer to beat the heat....which in theory should be possible, but in reality, with boozer being such a clown, it is a pretty tall task.

You forgot to mention Scalabrine with 0 minutes on the box score was crucial.

So, the Heat stole one today even though they led all game until late in the 4th? Yeah I didn't see that. Almost blew it, yes. Anyways, Heat in 5... again.

So, the Heat stole one today even though they led all game until late in the 4th? Yeah I didn't see that. Almost blew it, yes. Anyways, Heat in 5... again.

Ill agree with you. Unless somebody gets hurt Heat in 5.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

B-Scal needs more minutes imo. He works hard and isn't a half-bad shooter given that he is labeled "leagues worst player".

yea well obviously David Stern told Thibs that he couldnt play Scal this game because he didnt want the bulls to completely destroy the heat in a primetime game.

and i said they stole it in regards to the bulls being down a huge part of their team and still having a chance to take the lead with 20sec left. Id be curious to see how the game would have gone if the Heat were down Bosh and Miller/Cole.

Last year the Bulls owned the Heat in the regular season and then stumbled in the playoffs, personally i think theyre just doing things the other way around this year. Its a highly advanced strategy.

B-Scal needs more minutes imo. He works hard and isn't a half-bad shooter given that he is labeled "leagues worst player".

^^^^This guy knows.

man...i wish i was in a business that paid $1mil to the person labled worst at the job.

Good to see some Scalabrine love in here. Warms my ginger heart. And I can't see anyone beating the Heat in a 7 game series if Wade learns his place. If he doesn't, anything is possible.

wow, the clippers have a deadly 3 point attack when they get going. 12 points in 1min 6sec to close the half...10-14 overall from deep.

wow, the clippers have a deadly 3 point attack when they get going. 12 points in 1min 6sec to close the half...10-14 overall from deep.

Sounds like the Knicks the other night. Just went HAM from 3.

My brother is at the Clippers game tonight. They're rolling! Bet that's a fun atmosphere.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Uh oh. SportsCenter is going to cut in with what they say might be the dunk of the year from Blake.

Bet it's impressive.

Steel Tappin'

W.

O.

W.

Steel Tappin'

Uh oh. SportsCenter is going to cut in with what they say might be the dunk of the year from Blake.

Bet it's impressive.

Steel Tappin'

Watched it about 30x on Sportscenter this morning. Unreal!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back