Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

I definitely need to hit Boz up for some of those true blue. Very cool!

Mate at this stage they are defined as "conceptual prototypes" as Boz experiements with pigments, colours, materials and ball make up. As with everything though, I'm sure once available to test and circulate, he'll get his rapidly expanding group of testers to give them a whirl...

Very cool! They all look pink to me, just a dark-light.

I really think the blue balls are cool and it is a must on my to do list! I can't wait until I tee it up at the local golf course and do not have to mark my balls. I will be the only one, for now playing with a blue ball :D... I bet after they see these puppies, they will be asking how & where did I get them. You know me, I have no problem endorsing this company!

They are definitely cool, and I would be interested to see how well they show up on the fairways.

I'm going to take them out on the course sometime this week I hope and throw them down on the grass and see how they come up 'in the real world'. Not really allowed to hit them in anger (for fear of losing them), but I might try a few wedges and the like to see how they look in the air. Will post back with results...

You need to send some of those to OG, so he can play his blue balls on the course.

Heck I will game a blue ball staff bag dude! I know these puppies will work and something original like this, intriques me.:blob:

Hey OG, Does that mean we can start calling you Papa Smurf?

Hey OG, Does that mean we can start calling you Papa Smurf?

You got that right! Especially if I get me some blue balls to test :blob:

I'm excited and anxious about the upcoming release from you guys. Looks like some awesome stuff coming.

Oh wow, all I can say is good luck with your blue balls Ole Gray. :devil:

Hi Guys, saw the questions about the ball types that are in play at present,

The best explanation is the following,

Gel X Series - X-pert 808 Prototype - Icons + 808 markings -
Multilayer Reg Twin Cover Structure
New Longer Lasting UV Colour effect for a brighter colour than the X3UV
New Poly Speed Core / Mid Compression (Old school # 80/85 comp )

Gel X Series - X-pert3 - Squares with large numbers or symbols -
Multilayer Thin Twin Cover Structure
Better Shot Control / Mid Wedge Spin Level ./ Mid Compression Core (old school # 80/85 comp)
X3 (White Gold) + X3UV (UV Yellow/Green)

Gel V-Series - Velocity - Circles with large numbers or symbols -
Advanced Dual Layer Thin Cover Structure
(I see Titleist borrowed this name for one of their new balls)
Straighter Flight / Soft Solid Feel / Low Compression Poly Core ( old school # 70/75 comp)
The UV (Yellow) / Arctic (White Gold) / The Gel ( Clear White) / Pinky / Tru Blue (TBA!)

Performance is obviously important and is something that we continue to work on plus cover feel
but at this stage the main points of interest for me from the US testing has been whether the newer
looks / style of markings and Vision brand and packaging makes the right impact as the "story and
image" nowadays are just a important when so many balls are so similar in the market and will
continue to stay that way with the Rules of Golf limiting the overall performance of balls today.

Thanks again for the keen interest in the Vision story and I hope this year will see some very
special ball designs to try out here at THP (USA).

Cheers,
Boz.

Bozzy! I can't wait for the Soft Solid Feel! Will these be quite abit softer then the others!

Can't wait for these! they look amazing.

Love the blue and red balls! Super excited for them

Boz the new balls look amazing and cant wait to see what else you come up with. I will be ordering some more balls from you here shortly as the season here gets a bit closer. I do love your balls and to top it off I get to smash a Pink ball past my playing partners!:bananadance:

I just spent the last 30 mins going through all 70 pages of this thread. LOL!

I first read of the Vision balls many moons ago while on the SMT website. I've been wanting to check them out ever since. Glad to read the positive reviews. I LOVE that UV yellow! I'm definitely going to get some for this summer. Can't wait.

Hi B, yes I have been doing a lot of testing over the past 6 months in regards to possible new F-Gel cover blends
that will be more flexible than my current designs which should create a softer feel and quieter click whilst retaining
my type durability requirements. The issue then is to get the core speed right to max out possible overall distances.

There should be some really cool things to try as I need field testing of the different styles to establish their visibility in
different conditions.

Hi Super, thanks for checking in and taking an interest Mike has been trying at SMT but my ball story was always going
to be a hard task for him to succeed with.

Cheers,
Boz.

Hi B, yes I have been doing a lot of testing over the past 6 months in regards to possible new F-Gel cover blends
that will be more flexible than my current designs which should create a softer feel and quieter click whilst retaining
my type durability requirements. The issue then is to get the core speed right to max out possible overall distances.

There should be some really cool things to try as I need field testing of the different styles to establish their visibility in
different conditions.

Hi Super, thanks for checking in and taking an interest Mike has been trying at SMT but my ball story was always going
to be a hard task for him to succeed with.

Cheers,
Boz.

Let me know when you are ready for some field testing :D. I volunteer!

good stuff Boz.... The new balls look good can't wait to see how the softer balls feel. Gloves are still holding up well, im gonna talk to the other guys and shoot you an email soon about them with some new thoughts.

Hi Buck,

I was going to send you a note shortly to ask how things went as I am about to look at finalising the design etc
of the Sticky glove for the 2012/13 production.

Cheers,
Boz.

Hi Buck,

I was going to send you a note shortly to ask how things went as I am about to look at finalising the design etc
of the Sticky glove for the 2012/13 production.

Cheers,
Boz.

i'll shoot you an email tonight... talked to the other guys who were trying them out.

Let me know when you are ready for some field testing :D. I volunteer!

Same!!! :D

Golf Course opens up in a month - Month 2 week ish times here!! I can't wait!! March woooooooooo!

Boz, let me know when you have the size xl gloves. You were out of them when I ordered my THP pack, and I have really wanted to try them. I am also very excited to try the new ball colors out soon?!

Hey Toma,,
Ok I will have my father visiting the factory next month to organise the first full line of sticky gloves
and it will include 3 colour ways which I am still to lock in. So soon as I have a time line I will let
you know.
Cheers,
Boz.

Boz. Keep up the great work my friend!

Back