Oakley Cipher Golf shoe

Gianna1025

Reaction score
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Handicap
Saw that Oakley has a new shoe out and I think I have seen Keegan Bradley wearing them once or twice. Personally, I don't care for them that much. Especially the blue ones.
BAh7CWkKbzoVTWFnaWNrOjpHZW9tZXRyeQo6CkBmbGFnMDoLQHdpZHRoaQJYAjoHQHlpADoHQHhpADoMQGhlaWdodGkChANpC2wrB8MDGk9pB2kLaQhpA0qBAg.jpg

What do you guys think? Anyone have the "you know whats" to wear these?

Saw them at the PGA Show. Did not care for them in person at all.

Looks like something The Beast from X-men should be wearing. Seamless transition!! LOL

No thanks....from the color to design, just not my thing. And the Oakley emblem looks terrible IMO.

Not a fan. I think Oakley has fallen a bit behind several other companies when it comes to shoes and apparel.

I like the look of the shoe but I wouldnt wear that color or the wild looking red ones either. I like that Oakley will take chances and go outside the box but these are just too strange looking.

Aren't these like super light weight though? Like lightest ever? I don't care for the color that much but if that were a white shoe, I'd be interested for sure.

Well I actually like these, oddly enough. Not as much as the crossflex or the adidas streets, but I actually am digging these.

Aren't these like super light weight though? Like lightest ever? I don't care for the color that much but if that were a white shoe, I'd be interested for sure.

They sort of remind me of the Adidas shoes everyone cant wait to try but those are Adidas and these are Oakley with an ugly emblem :bulgy-eyes: haha

I think they'd look pretty good in normal colors.

They sort of remind me of the Adidas shoes everyone cant wait to try but those are Adidas and these are Oakley with an ugly emblem :bulgy-eyes: haha

I think they'd look pretty good in normal colors.

I thought the same thing. About them looking like those adidas shoes. They need better colors though.

I thought the same thing. About them looking like those adidas shoes. They need better colors though.

I could not agree with you more. About the colors. And maybe they can tone down the out of control plain silver emblem for cookie too.

I could not agree with you more. About the colors. And maybe they can tone down the out of control plain silver emblem for cookie too.

I'm sure they'll be sure to do that for cookie. Of course, do we even know what the color options are?

They remind me of a pair of Puma street shoes I used to wear that have like a neoprene sock in them or something. That blue color is rotten.

These look just fine to me. I might even order a pair for the outing.

BAh7CWkKbzoVTWFnaWNrOjpHZW9tZXRyeQo6CkBmbGFnMDoLQHdpZHRoaQJYAjoHQHlpADoHQHhpADoMQGhlaWdodGkChANpC2wrB0TEKU9pB2kLaQhpA8aBAg.jpg

BAh7CWkKbzoVTWFnaWNrOjpHZW9tZXRyeQo6CkBmbGFnMDoLQHdpZHRoaQJYAjoHQHlpADoHQHhpADoMQGhlaWdodGkChANpC2wrB2vPKU9pB2kLaQhpA8GGAg.jpg

These are hideous and should be burnt with fire

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I like that white one.

Me too Hawk. Good looking shoe white there.

Nice find Kmac!

Me too Hawk. Good looking shoe white there.

Agreed - white looks MUCH better than that first image (unless you are a smurf like chunky).

Guess I could not even get past the first color to give the design a fair chance. In the white, you can see the different colored sole & heel which makes it a ton better than the one toned blue.

Not a fan. I think Oakley has fallen a bit behind several other companies when it comes to shoes and apparel.

I thought after the semi auto that they were on the right track but these are a major disappointment!

The bottom of the shoe is even worse. Looks like they glued sandpaper to the sole!
BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwdExClPaQdpC2kIaQNqgQI.jpg

Little more info about the shoe and that sole specifically:

You’re looking at the lightest performance golf shoe in the world. (We’re talking actual golf shoes — not some kind of slipper that claims to be a golf shoe.) OAKLEY CIPHER™ is also the first ever with NanoSpike™ technology that allows your feet to be closer to the ground, ensuring better balance with a lower center of gravity. Our Factory Lite technologies make it all possible. The idea is to minimize weight to reduce fatigue, improve flexibility, free movement, reduce heat retention, and maintain uncompromising durability. OAKLEY CIPHER nails it.

The upper is made with a lightweight breathable textile combined with welded components for protection. On the cleatless bottom, thousands of NanoSpikes bite into blades of grass under your feet, providing superior traction. Comfort is optimized by a moisture wicking liner and a tuned dual-density footbed with moisture wicking. You have to try on OAKLEYCIPHER to believe it, and once you do, you’ll never wear ordinary golf shoes again.

Yeah that stuff looks odd on the bottom but did you read about it? Its super grippy like sandpaper and can be replaced with new sandpaper stuff. Cool idea if you ask me.

The white ones aren't that bad looking in pictures. I'd have to see them in person though. The technology sounds intriguing, as cookie pointed out.

Little more info about the shoe and that sole specifically:

You’re looking at the lightest performance golf shoe in the world. (We’re talking actual golf shoes — not some kind of slipper that claims to be a golf shoe.) OAKLEY CIPHER™ is also the first ever with NanoSpike™ technology that allows your feet to be closer to the ground, ensuring better balance with a lower center of gravity. Our Factory Lite technologies make it all possible. The idea is to minimize weight to reduce fatigue, improve flexibility, free movement, reduce heat retention, and maintain uncompromising durability. OAKLEY CIPHER nails it.

The upper is made with a lightweight breathable textile combined with welded components for protection. On the cleatless bottom, thousands of NanoSpikes bite into blades of grass under your feet, providing superior traction. Comfort is optimized by a moisture wicking liner and a tuned dual-density footbed with moisture wicking. You have to try on OAKLEYCIPHER to believe it, and once you do, you’ll never wear ordinary golf shoes again.

Now that is pretty interesting. My one concern is that they look Euro skinny narrow. Im not real fond of narrow shoes.

Back