2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

To confirm, are the comparisons for distance on the 14* Mashie and 15* RBZ? Thanks.

Yes they are. However the Mashie shaft is shorter than the TM, so I expect it to even out.

It's hard to tell visually, but I'd say that I hit the 15.5 a similar height off the tee as my 17° FL. I easily hit it higher more consistently off the turf.

Thank you for this piece of info. That's exactly what I was wondering on the range the other day with the fl 17*.

I'm anxious to get some work done with the mashie fwy in different lofts.

--
tapatalk

I was able to get out this morning and hit the Mashie FW and loved it, wasnt able to hit it outside but loved the feel of it and I didnt feel like the shaft was getting overpowered like I did in the CG Black driver. Went ahead and ordered one through Blind9 14* stiff. I also hit the RBZ fairway wood and wasnt to excited about the feel of it, will have to hit it outside on the range but first impressions werent so good.

Are the Mashie irons supposed to be out already? Sorry for skimming, but I just saw these on the rack at a mom and pop shop here yesterday. Also, I retract my previous statement from waaay earlier on in this thread. While these aren't beautiful clubs, they are not as ugly as I initially thought. They aren't as bulky as I thought they would be based on pics, don't look bad at address, and the rails on the sole aren't that prevalent. Not a horrible looking iron set.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I was able to get out this morning and hit the Mashie FW and loved it, wasnt able to hit it outside but loved the feel of it and I didnt feel like the shaft was getting overpowered like I did in the CG Black driver. Went ahead and ordered one through Blind9 14* stiff. I also hit the RBZ fairway wood and wasnt to excited about the feel of it, will have to hit it outside on the range but first impressions werent so good.

I suspect you'll like it 100x more when you hit it outside if your experience is anything like mine. The shaft is definitely stout enough and provides a ball flight that I really liked.

I suspect you'll like it 100x more when you hit it outside if your experience is anything like mine. The shaft is definitely stout enough and provides a ball flight that I really liked.

hitting this club off of mats doesn't do it justice. I'm still pondering which loft goes in the bag

hitting this club off of mats doesn't do it justice. I'm still pondering which loft goes in the bag

I just need to figure out which one will compliment the 15.5 and a 4 hybrid best. I'm really thinking the 7W as funny as that may sound.

me too Dean. After going HAM with my Mashie again, this just seems like a logical step. I'll keep my Octane for the tee, J40 might knock it out but the Mashie will be my going for it in 2 club.

I just need to figure out which one will compliment the 15.5 and a 4 hybrid best. I'm really thinking the 7W as funny as that may sound.

I'm leaning the same way with the 7w. I finally found a 3w that I'm comfortable with from the fairway/rough and tee last year. I could easily pop out the 3H and throw in the 7 wood and go 3 wood(15), 7 wood(20.5), 4 hybrid(23)

I have only been able to hit mine a few times, but I must say that for me they are really easy to hit off the turf. I have always struggled with consistency with the 3 wood I think this club will solve that issue for me.

I like the Mashie 3W talk and still expect to see one in my stable once they get released. Pondering which loft too.

I like the Mashie 3W talk and still expect to see one in my stable once they get released. Pondering which loft too.

Some times being a lefty has it's advantages. Like when it comes to Mashie FW lofts. K.I.S.S.

Some times being a lefty has it's advantages. Like when it comes to Mashie FW lofts. K.I.S.S.

That's right. I'm still pondering whether the 3 or 5 will be the best for my game ATM.

That's right. I'm still pondering whether the 3 or 5 will be the best for my game ATM.

I'll be getting both my good man, LOL. Seriously.

I'm overthinking lofts like a champ.

I'll be getting both my good man, LOL. Seriously.

I'll most likely have both eventually. But have to budget one at a time...will be paying for my Classic soon, then a FW is next on the list.

I have a 17 degree Cleveland FL. Wonder how the 15.5 degree Mashie FW will compare in distance since it is about 3/4 " shorter shaft length?

Overthinking is fun. I reckon I just went with my gut and figure I'll get creative if need be. Either way, you guys are getting some awesome FW's!

You're not alone. I'm stuck between 14* and 18* in the Mashie and 22* in the Black but 5 minutes from now that will change again. Yes, I have committment issues :act-up:

I have a 17 degree Cleveland FL. Wonder how the 15.5 degree Mashie FW will compare in distance since it is about 3/4 " shorter shaft length?

I have not tested them head to head, but hope to in the future. I suspect they will be pretty similar on well struck shots, with the Mashie being longer on those little fat misses off the turf.

You're not alone. I'm stuck between 14* and 18* in the Mashie and 22* in the Black but 5 minutes from now that will change again. Yes, I have committment issues :act-up:

This is just me, but I'm going all Mashie. I really enjoyed the FL and the Black during my time with them, but I really like what I saw with the Mashie. I assume I'll give up a few yards in some cases, but it just fits my needs in a fairway wood very well.

This is just me, but I'm going all Mashie. I really enjoyed the FL and the Black during my time with them, but I really like what I saw with the Mashie. I assume I'll give up a few yards in some cases, but it just fits my needs in a fairway wood very well.

can't argue with that logic

I have not tested them head to head, but hope to in the future. I suspect they will be pretty similar on well struck shots, with the Mashie being longer on those little fat misses off the turf.

I get what you're saying and honestly I've not spent enough time with either to make a solid decision. The mashie's versatility helps a bunch in decision though, in the end I just want what helps me be a better participant.

Mainly say that as my predominant miss with a fairway is a little chunkiness.

JB, have you given any more thought to 14* vs 15.5* ? That 14* just seems to be calling for my bag.

Back