Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the 'doesn't sound anything like old Nike drivers' comment.

Its very good. I felt like I was crushing, you know old guy like crushing it.

Im going to Golfsmith after work today, I will be purchasing the RBZ 3H. I really hope I dont talk myself out of it again.

I would have snagged the 4H today if they had one in old guy flex but they only had stiff flex.

I would have snagged the 4H today if they had one in old guy flex but they only had stiff flex.
I may need to do that, as I am going to have quite a gap between the 3H and DPC 5i.

Well, I just went to Golfsmith and hit a bunch of clubs. It was ugly. Real ugly. Its like I just took a big step back in the swing progress but whatever. The Classic is a very nice driver and that face is HUGE. I hit every variation except 12* which they didnt have. I just couldnt generate any swing speed because my back was hurting so I didnt see anything go past 230. It was just demoralizing to see that but its still a work in progress I guess. Talking with the guy there he suggested the Nike VR S driver and while my distance wasnt much better all my numbers were higher, ball speed jumped, launch angle was right around 13* but the more I hit the higher my backspin started to get. I came away pretty impressed with the Nike VR S more then anything. Looks awesome and I love the shaft. And it doesnt sound anything like Nike drivers of old either. But my driver pondering will be put on hold for a few weeks and then I'll revisit the Nike.

KMac while hitting the 9* and 10.5* did you notice a huge increase in backspin?

I think it's a nice mix of the MS Black and the VR Pro?

Well, I just went to Golfsmith and hit a bunch of clubs. It was ugly. Real ugly. Its like I just took a big step back in the swing progress but whatever. The Classic is a very nice driver and that face is HUGE. I hit every variation except 12* which they didnt have. I just couldnt generate any swing speed because my back was hurting so I didnt see anything go past 230. It was just demoralizing to see that but its still a work in progress I guess. Talking with the guy there he suggested the Nike VR S driver and while my distance wasnt much better all my numbers were higher, ball speed jumped, launch angle was right around 13* but the more I hit the higher my backspin started to get. I came away pretty impressed with the Nike VR S more then anything. Looks awesome and I love the shaft. And it doesnt sound anything like Nike drivers of old either. But my driver pondering will be put on hold for a few weeks and then I'll revisit the Nike.

I like the 'doesn't sound anything like old Nike drivers' comment.

Me too...I may hawk-ponder a Nike driver for the first time ever.

KMac while hitting the 9* and 10.5* did you notice a huge increase in backspin?

Well Im not sure because I also changed shaft flexes when I went to the 10.5*. Dude my swing was whack, like over 4K backspin wtc. I saw the best numbers with the Nike 9.5* and he adjusted it for some loft I think.

I think it's a nice mix of the MS Black and the VR Pro?

Yeah something like that. Just seems like a really good driver.

Well Im not sure because I also changed shaft flexes when I went to the 10.5*. Dude my swing was whack, like over 4K backspin wtc. I saw the best numbers with the Nike 9.5* and he adjusted it for some loft I think.

Yeah something like that. Just seems like a really good driver.

Thanks Kmac. Sucks abotu your back dude. Nothing worse than back pain and then trying to go HAM on drivers.

LOL, wtc is going on with your driver swing?

Its a shame you had full on old guy swing for the CC test, but glad to hear the Nike was working pretty good for you.

Makes them easier to bend.

Makes sense I guess, then you don't have tool marks all over the irons.

Sucks about your back mate. Nothing worse when trying to smash some drives.

Thanks Kmac. Sucks abotu your back dude. Nothing worse than back pain and then trying to go HAM on drivers.

Yeah it just doesnt work. Its hard to really get numbers I can accept. I'll say this I liked both drivers a lot. The Classic has such a huge face its like you cant not hit the sweet spot but the VR S was really good too. Something about the Nike kind of clicked and worked until I got worn out.

Im pondering a new grip for the RBZ 3H that I havent purchased yet.

Kmac, you like the stock grip on the rbz?

Yeah it just doesnt work. Its hard to really get numbers I can accept. I'll say this I liked both drivers a lot. The Classic has such a huge face its like you cant not hit the sweet spot but the VR S was really good too. Something about the Nike kind of clicked and worked until I got worn out.

Exactly how I felt about the Classic. the head is so frickin big its hard to imagine missing it no matter how hard you swing.

LOL, wtc is going on with your driver swing?

Its a shame you had full on old guy swing for the CC test, but glad to hear the Nike was working pretty good for you.

lol I dunno dude. It hurt today though. I was using this thing called the Speed Swoosh and tweaked it a bit. Its a nagger.

Im pondering a new grip for the RBZ 3H that I havent purchased yet.

Kmac, you like the stock grip on the rbz?

I actually dont mind the stock grip. I'll wear it out before replacing it.

Exactly how I felt about the Classic. the head is so frickin big its hard to imagine missing it no matter how hard you swing.

It sure is..very confidence inspiring. And the head actually looks smaller, to me it did at least. I saw beefcake there and talked to him a bit. He said you always come in with clubs he wants lol

Kmac, when you're injured like that, your body goes into protection mode. I have no doubt that you were subconsciously not commiting to full on ball pulverization. Get healthy dude, then commence testing. You know big drives are inside you.

I think I'll love the giant face on that driver. The only thing I don't like about my R9 is the smallness.

Im gonna hit these in honor of Kmac and Kmac49 this weekend.

Kmac, when you're injured like that, your body goes into protection mode. I have no doubt that you were subconsciously not commiting to full on ball pulverization. Get healthy dude, then commence testing. You know big drives are inside you.

He does hit big drives. All I saw were good Kmac swings. Even 5w out of a fairway bunker!

Yeah dude its like I just couldnt hit it right. I was sitting there thinking "How does DJ do all that booger sugar and still destroy golf balls like that" but my back just stops me dead.

Im gonna hit these in honor of Kmac and Kmac49 this weekend.

He does hit big drives. All I saw were good Kmac swings. Even 5w out of a fairway bunker!

Do it dude. LOL @ the 5W from the FW bunker. Good times brobammer

Yeah dude its like I just couldnt hit it right. I was sitting there thinking "How does DJ do all that booger sugar and still destroy golf balls like that" but my back just stops me dead.

Do it dude. LOL @ the 5W from the FW bunker. Good times brobammer

That was my most favorite hole of all time, ever... The cart girl wanted us. In a bad way. I bet she'd buy us Mashie FW's.

That was my most favorite hole of all time, ever... The cart girl wanted us. In a bad way. I bet she'd buy us Mashie FW's.

hahahaha that was awesome. She'd at least ponder us.

Probably Hawkponder we were so awesome. I'm really wanting a VRs driver now lol.

Yep...it just got a little more real.

Probably Hawkponder we were so awesome. I'm really wanting a VRs driver now lol.

Dude I think if I was swinging well that driver would have completely stole my Classic heart. I was hell bent on liking the Classic and its a very good driver but the Nike is very good too. And might just a better fit for my swing too. Plus he said some stuff about the welds being behind the face and thats good for some reason. Tiger approves.

Dude I think if I was swinging well that driver would have completely stole my Classic heart. I was hell bent on liking the Classic and its a very good driver but the Nike is very good too. And might just a better fit for my swing too. Plus he said some stuff about the welds being behind the face and thats good for some reason. Tiger approves.

The few times that I've swung that Nike driver I felt it was really solid.

Yep...it just got a little more real.

Well fellas reckon Nike has a winner on their hands. I wonder if Tiger put this into play, he might hit more fairways. Reckon I was only going to consider the limited if I went Nike but this just shot to the top.

Nike VR S > RBZ driver. All day.

Dude delete all the empty space under your sig. Look at all that space under there. You could hide a whole additional bag in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back