Tiger Woods and Foley

im pretty sure he can swing a golf club, have you seen the guy he must lift a bit of wieght in the gym, lets be honest the golf swing is not that physical. brett favre played a high contact sport for a long time, tiger walks and swings, please. he can do the butch swing he just doesnt go back cause hes very stuburn man tiger is, they fell out. his knee i think could be a problem of dare i say it, drugs back in the day he was mega ripped, things with his doctor and injuries just seem to me he was using something. he is fit and healthy now and not using anything the way it looks there is no reason he cant swing it like he did.

I'm fairly certain you don't swing anywhere near the force that Tiger used to pre-surgery. How can you say that the strain he put on his left knee was nothing? Yah, maybe he can go back to his original swing and blow out his knee again, but the next time would be his last. I'm sure he's thinking about how to keep his career going for the next 10+ years.

knee injuries happend under haney about the time he was ripped. look its no shock if he was taking drugs. drugs in sport i would say at top level are 85% are taking something. golf is differant but tiger if you look was on something.

people saying foley is good, why? lets have a look at his players results in majors when you have to play all shots and play real golf and not the regular pga course with wide fairways and huge greens. the results are shocking to say the least. the problem with foley weight is all left which doesnt allow the high soft ball with longer clubs, also hes getting so steep with everything whihc i dont understand. basically the swing works and hes hitting the ball crisper but he cant hit all the shots he used too and shape ball both ways high and low and use feel, if you take natural ability and feel out the game then you wont do that well. foley teaches all his players one swing fits all, thats wrong cause biometrics of the body of a 6ft 5 man to a 5ft 7 man are differant, crazy! foley is too mechanical which means less thought and feel and creativity on course, sucking the natural ability out of tiger woods in my opinion. and wasnt justin rose european order of merit winner before foley too? so rose has dipped since foley too.

Fair points. I don't see how Foleys swing sucks creativity out but I guess you can make the argument. I don't see the Foley swing as Rose's downfall. It started prior to him going with Foley I believe. I'm just going off memory though. And I don't see Foleys swing as being steeper than any other swing out. Again I could be dead wrong on all accounts though

knee injuries happend under haney about the time he was ripped. look its no shock if he was taking drugs. drugs in sport i would say at top level are 85% are taking something. golf is differant but tiger if you look was on something.

His knee problems started under Butch

Im not sure where you get these statistics from, but based on my time working with professional athletes, that is 100% false.

Did you know 92% of all stats are made up on the spot? hehe.

Maybe he was taking PEDs, maybe not, but to say his golf swing had no part in destroying his knee is ridiculous.

people saying foley is good, why? lets have a look at his players results in majors when you have to play all shots and play real golf and not the regular pga course with wide fairways and huge greens. the results are shocking to say the least. the problem with foley weight is all left which doesnt allow the high soft ball with longer clubs, also hes getting so steep with everything whihc i dont understand. basically the swing works and hes hitting the ball crisper but he cant hit all the shots he used too and shape ball both ways high and low and use feel, if you take natural ability and feel out the game then you wont do that well. foley teaches all his players one swing fits all, thats wrong cause biometrics of the body of a 6ft 5 man to a 5ft 7 man are differant, crazy! foley is too mechanical which means less thought and feel and creativity on course, sucking the natural ability out of tiger woods in my opinion. and wasnt justin rose european order of merit winner before foley too? so rose has dipped since foley too.

As for the bolded part, I would think that would have little relevance. He might teach different skilled players. Butch or Foley or anyone else could be my coach but that doesn't mean I would play well in majors. And the golf swing is very physical, especially on the joints with twisting and turning and whatnot. Tigger has knee problems, and going back to the old swing would likely be bad for that.

nobody will have factual evidence obviously but im involved in sport and fitness and its very comon with hgh and other steroids and ped that weak bones are an issue. and the fact his doctor got done for illegal drugs it just seem 90% he was on something. the swing is not that physical, the players often get injured overstretching or stretching too often or in their home activities or workout plans. also minor injuries they pull out as sponsors and things dont want them to be out longer so they make sure their 100% anyway the golf swing is not strenuous hence why 80 year olds play. you wil disagree with me and no problem, whole point of opinions but major toll on the body i dont think it does at all, the body adapts to even the most extreme conditions, i.e desert runners, mountain runners, iron man and so on. golf swing you can pull stuff and cause injuries but generally is not physical that much, yes you get athlets that hit miles and are strong but the siwng itself is not demanding on the body.

We need a stats thread. Honestly you are throwing out huge numbers with no basis in fact. It makes the rest of your post irrelevant which is a shame

These statistics are quite funny.
I also have to say that I am shocked that a golfer with a tour professional like handicap feels this way about the swing and the body. However the internet does interesting things I guess.

there is no statistics but im just saying as i know all Olympians take drugs, all cyclists at the top level and most athletes at top level, includes football, baseball, basketballl and so on. the players and riders are not natural. they use drugs and some use dangerous mix of drugs. but they get paid millions.

there is no statistics but im just saying as i know all Olympians take drugs, all cyclists at the top level and most athletes at top level, includes football, baseball, basketballl and so on. the players and riders are not natural. they use drugs and some use dangerous mix of drugs. but they get paid millions.

Absolutely FALSE.

i feel that way as i also play tennis and do a lot of biking, running and basically play all sports in free time. golf is a sport that being athletic helps a lot to hit it further, get out rough better, have better rotational power, better posture and so on. golf is a game of skill, it is the most skillful sport i think as involves so many differant types of shot and variables but the swing being physical i dont agree. ok to a extent yes.

Is there any type of research that went into that statement? I mean all we really know is what the Mitchell report and Jose Canseco told us. To say all Olympians take PEDs is a very bold statement!

And how do you know this? Just because they are good athletes doesn't mean that they're on drugs lol.

Sounds like someone is bitter that they weren't born with any physical blessings... I can't believe you would generalize a statement as broad and bold as this...

were going to disagree all day, i doubt any golfers use anything but as you go into nba and so on the players do. you really just have to look at the bodys of the 100 metre sprinters to tell aswell. drugs are part of modern day sport and athletes have the wiegh up the benifts and negatives of using or not. golf is purly differant as nothing is needed but tiger in the day was taking things like this into golf i believe, obviously we wont know 100% ever thou.

WTC has happened in this thread?

I think we are being stat punk'd

I take a lot of drugs!

im almost sure he was, i dont think he on them now thou not at all but back then i believe he used something like hgh or similar substance.

im almost sure he was, i dont think he on them now thou not at all but back then i believe he used something like hgh or similar substance.

Without any facts to support this type of thing, I dont think one should be accusing someone else of illegal substances. Maybe its best for you to return to your original topic rather than just continuing to conjure up statistics that are very far from factual.

Are you serious? You have nothing more than a "hunch" and you're going to say the best golfer of the modern era is a doper? WOW dude!

Back