Worst Shot of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second shot on a par 4 from the right rough from about 160 yards. Pulled it left, hit a tree on the opposite side and bounced/rolled back down the cart path until it ended up in a big, muddy puddle. Nice! Still had 100 yds into the green.

Any one of a buttload of putts.

For me today, it was my sliced drives or some really fat iron shots.

Took my eyes off the ball and topped it. Watched it dribble about 50 feet into some super tall grass.

Sliced one badly into water. I really connected on this shot. Too bad it power fadded into the drink..

TapAhoy!

I was crushing my driver today, hitting fairways on the first 3 holes of my round. On the 4th hole, a short 280 yard par 4, I decided to play more conservatively and tee off w/ a 3 wood instead of driver. But I topped the ball, and then topped my next shot.

In hindsight I probably should have teed off w/ an easy 5 iron.

Easy, I $h@nked a 7I second shot on the second hole of the day from 140 in the middle of the fairway. It was a heavily wooded course and yep I was in the woods, followed an opening hole par with a double and the crummy golf was on for the next 5 holes, went 6 over on them (with a birdie in the mix) to finish the front side at 44. That shot set up some bad thoughts in my little brain that carried over to my playing for sure.

After reading many of the shots here, I got 'em all...:D Glad I'm not the only one.

Yesterday it was a toss-up between two. First, a quacker of a 4-iron that found a towering Georgia pine and caromed into some boulders for an unplayable. The seconde was a topped 5-wood that dove into a ravine never to be seen again. (Sigh)

Mine usually start right off the bat...first hole is a 410 yard par 4, really wide fairway. Not hard at all...except I tend to nuke my first shot hard left, and it's ob...with a road there and the driving range over the road. I am in the DR about half the time, which means I get to re-load from the start. :D

Par 4, simulator...the ball never made it to the screen that was 7-10 feet in front of me...thank goodness they have a wall on the right of you.

Tap before talk.

I birdied number 6 and parred number 7. I was hot and feeling like I was a hotshot at that point, even thought I was literally the only one on the entire property. Par 3 8th, 137 yards. 8-iron. I took my back swing then at the top the thought of a hole in one came into my head. Oh gosh. Worst thing you can do on a par 3. It was a low slice that ended up under a tree behind a bunker. I didn't know what to do next cause I couldn't put the ball more than 6 feet off the ground, I had to carry a bunker 20 yards in front of me, and stop the ball before the flag, 20 feet past the bunker w/ 10 feet of green behind that. No clue what to do. So I decided to take my 4-iron and keep it really low and see if I could run it through the bunker and have it jump off the lip, cause the sand was really packed and wouldn't hold the ball. I hit it hard, it ran through the sand good, but hit something, turned, and slid out the side onto the fringe. I ended up chipping for on in 3 and making the bogey putt.

Playing with my son in a small gale and rain storm yesterday......second shot on a sodden par 5 ...fancy my hybrid......but the swing thought is gotta smash this to reach the green.......tense up smash the shot 3 inches straight down into the fairway....literally can just about see the top of the ball in the hole....when my son stopped laughing we both decided I couldn't have hit that shot if I tried.....you live and learn....right swing thought good swing......bad swing thought get out the shovel :rofl:

Yesterday was a tough day. Played truely awful couldn't get going. Get around to 10 and think I can have a good go at the back 9. 10 is a long par 4 but even longer when you slice 2 balls off the tee and manage to hit the roof of the clubhouse with both. Upside got to eat some food and even found both balls

165 yard par 3 and came in fat on a 6 iron. Ended up 15 yards short of the green and threw dirt/mud in my face. Only fat shot of the day.

Just like yesterday. Any one of my many putts. Had more three putts than two putts and I even had a 5 putt, who does that?

Been having some lower right back pain. My 3rd shot on a par 5 put me to the ground, quit after that, the shot hit a tree, I think

Sent from my DROID X2

Just like yesterday. Any one of my many putts. Had more three putts than two putts and I even had a 5 putt, who does that?

Is this Arcadia Bluffs (Greens so soft, fast, and full of breaks it's unfair) or a crappy Muni course (Greens so unmaintained it's unfair)? Either way I could understand.

Is this Arcadia Bluffs (Greens so soft, fast, and full of breaks it's unfair) or a crappy Muni course (Greens so unmaintained it's unfair)? Either way I could understand.
No, it's crappy putting.

Well it was until today when I switched putters. I'm gaming something different for a while.

Did you do a search because this exists already...

I did; saw worst hole only, and that's not what I'm going for. Point me in the right direction please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back