I went on the site and was a little concerned about the prices, you guys made them sound like really great deals. I'm looking for some new irons, a wedge and a putter, is this something to be concerned over?

I went on the site and was a little concerned about the prices, you guys made them sound like really great deals. I'm looking for some new irons, a wedge and a putter, is this something to be concerned over?

You have to contact them to get the deals...they do not advertise them on their website.

I rarely buy anything from box stores unless I have a gift card that someone has given me. I liked GG, but the one close to me shut down and the only other store close to me is Golfsmith and I don't like them.

That seems a little inconvenient.

Nobody has to contact them, they can purchase right off the site like anybody else. However if someone wants to get a little something extra savings wise for being a THP member, it does not seem to much to ask for.

Rules state what they can advertise costs at, based on MAP.

Online shopping for clubs I buy everything from Blind9. For clothes I buy most from TGW. In person, I buy from EW or PGA SS.

That seems a little inconvenient.

Well, considering it's a special thing they do for THP members, I guess it doesn't seem to me like much of an imposition to take the 30 seconds to send them an email or PM...but maybe others like to pay the full retail price that almost all other online retailers charge.

I guess it depends on how much money you want to save.

And how much time I'd like to save. I honestly can't remember the last time ordered anything over the phone. I don't even order pizzas on the phone.

Blind9 will beat TGW's prices all day long. I just bought a club from them that had to be special ordered and they were $20 cheaper than TGW and that included shipping. I won't order from anywhere else.

I could not agree more with this. I am probably Blind9's most annoying customer, I get everything last minute and always change something from stock, from lie/loft to grips or whatever. Each time they have hooked me up with a killer price and got everything to me ahead of when they promised. They rock.

And how much time I'd like to save. I honestly can't remember the last time ordered anything over the phone. I don't even order pizzas on the phone.

Email works too, just as easy. Send what you want and receive a quote back, easy easy.

You can send a PM to pattyblind9 (that's her forum member name). She'll get back to you quickly. I can almost assure you you'll get the best deal with them. I always do.

Nobody cares if you want to pay regular, retail price. Some of us are willing to sacrifice a few seconds to save some money.

Heaven forbid you have to make a phone call :act-up:

As for the OP, I don't like the big box stores unless I am buying clearance or used. I've never used Blind9 because I haven't purchased anything new since joining THP, but I can tell you they will have my business when I'm ready to purchase. They seem like stand up people and take care of us THPers.

golf galaxy is the only real option here as far a large golf stores go. the selection is good and the staff is helpful. there is always dicks around as well.

Why are people today so afraid to use the effing telephone? I swear I hate modern society with its text, emails, and PMs. Call somebody and make a connection for God's sake.

Kevin

Nobody cares if you want to pay regular, retail price. Some of us are willing to sacrifice a few seconds to save some money.

Sorry if I offended, just expressing my opinion. Guess I misunderstood what he forum was about.

Sorry if I offended, just expressing my opinion. Guess I misunderstood what he forum was about.

And he was expressing his. No one wants you to hold in your opinion, it just seems comical that you'd rather pay full price than make a quick phone call/email/PM to save some money.

I'll have to try Blind9 sooner or later. I don't ever buy anything when it's at full retail price, but wait till huge sales. I use tgw.com and gppgolf.com. Some of their prices get ridiculously low.

Back