NASCAR 2012 (Spoilers)

Its a shame they arent because what goes on at Daytona and Talladega isnt real racing. I say throw out the plates, let them run as fast as they dare and beef up the catch fences to help protect the fans.
About the rain, youd think that one of these years they would figure out how to race in the rain. I dont buy the excuse that the cars and the track simply doesnt work with rain. Thats nonsense. F1 races in the rain, Grand Am races in the rain, they race in the rain in Le Mans style racing (even at Daytona). It can be done, NASCAR simply doesnt want to find a way to make it work.

thanks for the title change ...

anyway for those who havent heard the daytona 500 will be run at 7pm et tonight.

thanks for the title change ...

anyway for those who havent heard the daytona 500 will be run at 7pm et tonight.
Looked like it was turning into that, and we needed a NASCAR season thread anyway.

poor danica cant catch a break

Dang. That was only 4 minutes between commercial breaks. How about some racing?

Its a shame they arent because what goes on at Daytona and Talladega isnt real racing. I say throw out the plates, let them run as fast as they dare and beef up the catch fences to help protect the fans.
About the rain, youd think that one of these years they would figure out how to race in the rain. I dont buy the excuse that the cars and the track simply doesnt work with rain. Thats nonsense. F1 races in the rain, Grand Am races in the rain, they race in the rain in Le Mans style racing (even at Daytona). It can be done, NASCAR simply doesnt want to find a way to make it work.

You want to see them run ovals in the rain? There would be a wreck every 2 laps at those speeds. I do think that NASCAR could run in the rain at Sonoma and Watkins Glen.

I'm a fan of NASCAR and F1, but those are 2 very different types of racing.

holy **** JPM just slammed into a truck on the track thats full of jet fuel

this may have just ruined the ending of the daytona 500 . they cant put this fire out

That's something!

This is crazy. Lots of damage to the track after this all settles. Followed NASCAR for 15 years and never seen anything like this.

this is amazing he destroyed that car lol

i really hope they get this track cleaned up before the weather hits i want to see it finished under green .

This is crazy. Lots of damage to the track after this all settles. Followed NASCAR for 15 years and never seen anything like this.

Same here. Unreal. This race might be over.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

Amazing no one was killed.

TapAhoy!

Amazing no one was killed.

TapAhoy!

i bet the saftey guy has to be hurting as you know he wasnt buckled up in that thing.

dave blaney sitting the cat birds seat lol

Looks like everyone is alright. That was one strange crash. Kind of hard to put a jet fuel fire out with only a halon fire exinguisher. Suprised they didnt get the airport fire crews involved with this crash.

i bet the saftey guy has to be hurting as you know he wasnt buckled up in that thing.

dave blaney sitting the cat birds seat lol

I hope he has an extra pair of shorts.

I have been watching the weather in daytona and see the that the weather disapated before it got to the track. Then this happens and really slows the race finish.

What do you think of that. A driver with his iphone in the car with him. Cant go anywhere with out it.

The truck left a big gouge in the track when they used the forklift to get it off of the track, this thing may be over.

What do you think of that. A driver with his iphone in the car with him. Cant go anywhere with out it.

Just crazy. Can't even get in a race car without a danged phone nowdays.

Wonder why he brought it though? Fuel injection boost app? :alien:

--
tapatalk

Dick Trickle had a cigarette lighter in every race car he ever drove.

Back