2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Never been able to hit a hybrid without hooking it off the face of the earth until I decided to buy a 2011 tour mashie for less than $50 off Ebay. This was my last ditch effort at hitting a hybrid. The combination of less offset than the regular mashie and a c. kua 83 (87 gram stiff shaft) were the key to my being able to game a hybrid. 99% of my misses with all clubs are left as I have a dominant left arm with golf being the only thing I do right handed. My success with this club led me to the mashie fairways...

Never been able to hit a hybrid without hooking it off the face of the earth until I decided to buy a 2011 tour mashie for less than $50 off Ebay. This was my last ditch effort at hitting a hybrid. The combination of less offset than the regular mashie and a c. kua 83 (87 gram stiff shaft) were the key to my being able to game a hybrid. 99% of my misses with all clubs are left as I have a dominant left arm with golf being the only thing I do right handed. My success with this club led me to the mashie fairways...

Thats awesome man, glad they worked out for ya. Dont ya just hate hooking stuff? I know I do lol.

Thats awesome man, glad they worked out for ya. Dont ya just hate hooking stuff? I know I do lol.

Can do it at will with everything from lob wedge to driver....

Just went on Golfsmith and purchased the 14 degree Mashie for $170! Using this coupon code gets you 15% off. (GT7G3FTS)

Should be at the golfsmith by me for pickup this week! Yes!

Just went on Golfsmith and purchased the 14 degree Mashie for $170! Using this coupon code gets you 15% off. (GT7G3FTS)

Should be at the golfsmith by me for pickup this week! Yes!

Sweet deal! I got my 14 and 18 degree for $170 each also with free shipping and no tax. Negotiated a deal with someone on Ebay. Currently trying to see how I can get the Cleveland Classic 290 10.5* down to around $250!

Ok, I have re-read through this thread, and other than a mention of a (I think) non-THP video, is there any validation from Cleveland that there is less offset on the 2012 Mashie+ compared to the 2011 non-Tour Mashie? I don't see anything documented on the website as either a feature or in the spec sheet.

I was able to hit the 15.5° Mashie against the 17° FL on the range today. Today, it appeared that the FL was slightly higher, though carry distances looked really close. Hard to tell. Mashie had no curvature at all today. Very straight.

Kmac likes very straight.

Me too. Made me want to go play some real golf rather than just hit balls.

Dude Ive got a set of new irons, just barely bought RBZ and a Mashie F3 that I still didnt get to hit. Snow last night and frigid today. Im dying to hit the new Mashie.

Dude Ive got a set of new irons, just barely bought RBZ and a Mashie F3 that I still didnt get to hit. Snow last night and frigid today. Im dying to hit the new Mashie.

Sucks dude! Time to head south Kmac.

Kmac, that just hurts to read.

Can you take some awesome Kmac style pics with your awesome new camera of your gear dude?

You could just send those irons and Mashie FW out west Kmac. I'll take good care of them for you.

Finally got a chance to try out the mashie fairway last, at the golfsmith and off a mat but nevertheless I had some sweet time to get to know it. Only the 15.5 was available in the demo area so I spent about 15 minutes feeling it out.

First impression was that it feels a little heavier than what I'm currently playing but that isn't an issue for me. The club sets up to my liking and gives you a good feeling, maybe its the clean crown and shape of the head, whatever it is I like it. Given the fact that I was hitting off the mat I couldn't get a real feel for how the rails work but I did notice that I had zero issues getting the ball up in the air or catching it thin. As far as results I was very pleased with the mashie. Ball flight was mid-high and straight to a touch of a fade, yardage was comparable to what I am currently getting out of my fairway so the transistion would almost seamless.

I'll be interested to hear what you think after you get it on grass, SW. Glad you finally got to hit it.

I'll say that my thoughts on the fairway went up in a big way after taking it to the grass. Almost the exact opposite of the Baffler T-rail. I liked the Mashie on the mat and loved it off the grass. Liked the the T-rail on the mat and hated it on the grass. It's as versatile as they come dude.

I'll be interested to hear what you think after you get it on grass, SW. Glad you finally got to hit it.

I'll say that my thoughts on the fairway went up in a big way after taking it to the grass. Almost the exact opposite of the Baffler T-rail. I liked the Mashie on the mat and loved it off the grass. Liked the the T-rail on the mat and hated it on the grass. It's as versatile as they come dude.

You know that was the exact club that I compared this one to in my mind. I'm hoping to get a day off this week so I can get my mashie on.

--
tapatalk

I hit the 2012 Mashie hybrid today. It's been awhile since I hit the 'old' Mashie, so I'm not 100% sure my comparisons are going to be accurate. My initial impression was that it was a little more rounded and deeper from face to tail. It also seemed to have less offset than I remember, but like I said, it's been awhile. Honestly, I was a little hesitant to commit to the stock hybrid, but I was hitting it real well today. Same high ball flight I remember and I didn't have any hooking issues. Pulled a couple, but that's not a club thing imo. Distance was tough to guage due to a chilly headwind, but it seemed to fit where it should compared to my irons and other hybrids.

Hawk what were you hesitant about with the new model?

--
tapatalk

Hawk what were you hesitant about with the new model?

--
tapatalk

I had some good results last year with the hybrid in my bag, so moving back to the lighter weight had me a little concerned I guess. Not sure why, since I seem to do well with the light weight woods. I was hitting it well from the first swing today though.

I think I am in the minority here when I say this, but I can't stand the way the FW looks. I was so excited about this club when I saw it online, but when I saw it in person I knew that no matter how good I hit it, I would never be able to game it. I had no confidence in the club when I looked down at it.

I had some good results last year with the hybrid in my bag, so moving back to the lighter weight had me a little concerned I guess. Not sure why, since I seem to do well with the light weight woods. I was hitting it well from the first swing today though.

That is the exact opposite of my worry. I've become so used to the Superfast hybrid and its lightweight so with the mashie feeling heavier it concerns me a little. Most likely unfounded as I've hit the 2012 version well each time.

--
tapatalk

That is the exact opposite of my worry. I've become so used to the Superfast hybrid and its lightweight so with the mashie feeling heavier it concerns me a little. Most likely unfounded as I've hit the 2012 version well each time.

--
tapatalk

I thought it was real nice. Set up well to the ball and had that familiar Mashie crack to it. Nice ball flight too.

Back