How far do you hit 'em?

Young Thain smacks it pretty good! I spent half the day beside him at demo day last year.

Just watching your action I thought you crushed it, especially with you height.

I think I can move it out there when I need to dude, but I learned a while back that I'm much better when I keep her in play. I certainly don't hit it no 300 yards, that's for sure.

I think I can move it out there when I need to dude, but I learned a while back that I'm much better when I keep her in play. I certainly don't hit it no 300 yards, that's for sure.
And thats the exact reason I had to learn to slow my swing down. If I try to get after it, I hit it easily over 300 yards. 200 yards straight, 100 yards to the right.

This thread is dumb if you took everyones driver distance it would be farther then the pga tour average. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This thread is dumb if you took everyones driver distance it would be farther then the pga tour average. Lol

hahaha, you're pretty much right. I think Tour average is like 280.

This, I am short and fat but I can swing like the wind blows. Not that it matters, because my ball ends up a few fairways over. I clocked my 6 iron in at around 105 a while back, but when I slowed it down to about 90 I gained more distance.
And thats the exact reason I had to learn to slow my swing down. If I try to get after it, I hit it easily over 300 yards. 200 yards straight, 100 yards to the right.

Young Thain smacks it pretty good! I spent half the day beside him at demo day last year.

I seem to remember you smashing the ball as well

I drove a 300 yard par 4 once so I hit my driver 300 yards

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Everyone wants to hit the driver further. If it was up to me, I would rather be able to stick an iron/wedge tight than go yard with the driver.

I don't slow down my swing. I try to make it fun. My goal is to maintain my SS and be able to hit it as straight as if I slowed down. Then I'd see some distance. As of right now, I hit about 1-2 fairways per 9 holes. I'll deal with it for now.

I wouldn't call it dumb but telling. Our golf minds tell us that some of these distances are based on what is perceived. Reality is something completely different.

I wouldn't call it dumb but telling. Our golf minds tell us that some of these distances are based on what is perceived. Reality is something completely different.
I remember my long drives, I do my best to forget the crappy short ones.

I wonder how many people gauge their distance off of scorecards? You know, the card says 450 yards so when they're 150 out they think it's a 300 yard drive.

Methinks you need to leave the driver at home, lol. I used to be there, now it is just my putting that sucks. And my ballstriking. And my chipping...
I don't slow down my swing. I try to make it fun. My goal is to maintain my SS and be able to hit it as straight as if I slowed down. Then I'd see some distance. As of right now, I hit about 1-2 fairways per 9 holes. I'll deal with it for now.

As brad paisley would say im so much cooler online....or longer lol

Methinks you need to leave the driver at home, lol. I used to be there, now it is just my putting that sucks. And my ballstriking. And my chipping...

Dude I totally should. My best 9 hole round ever I didn't touch the driver. But it's too much fun to resist. I want to learn to hit my driver long and straight. And the best way to learn is by practice.

I still don't know how to get such exact numbers on each of my clubs. I don't think I can estimate any better than +/- 10 yds...

The problem with hitting on the range, I feel like the balls just fly so differently then any others I play with.

Problem on the course, how can I say my yardage with one club is so-and-so after one shot into a green?

Driver I guess, gps so you can get a +/- 5 yd avg, but even then, I doubt I hit it solid enough times in a round to give a good estimate...

I REALLY REALLY want a trackman. I would play with that thing for hours on the range/course.

That all said, here are my current estimates.

Driver: 270-280?
3w: 260
3i: 220
4i: 210
5i: 200
6i: 185
7i: 175
8i: 160
9i: 145
Pw: 130
52*: 100
60*: 90

I base this all off what I would grab if my laser told me certain yardages. Even then, I could be +/- an entire club, so I'm not sure how I could be more precise with my distances...

With all the people saying tge numbers are made up, I'll explain how I get to mine. My numbers aren't average, but what I expect to hit it when up make contact and get it somewhat straight. I claimed 280, and if you take out the roughly two drives I straight out screw up a round, that is probably roughly my average. Also that is total, since I have no way of measuring carry distance.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I drove a 300 yard par 4 once so I hit my driver 300 yards

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
I was this close to coming inhere and saying that I hit my driver 280, because I did so today. Glad I saw your post first.

Then I went ahead and did it anyway, hahaha.

With all the people saying tge numbers are made up, I'll explain how I get to mine. My numbers aren't average, but what I expect to hit it when up make contact and get it somewhat straight. I claimed 280, and if you take out the roughly two drives I straight out screw up a round, that is probably roughly my average. Also that is total, since I have no way of measuring carry distance.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
I expect to hit mine 265-270 when I make my best contact and also straight. I would never say (seriously) that I hit it that far, nor would I attempt to force carry it that far (not yet, anyway).

I think you gotta give your true averages in a thread like this. That's what counts.

D225
3W200
5W185
24 h170
5 iron158
6 Iron148
7 Iron138
8 Iron128
9 Iron118
PW108
GW95
SW80
LW70

I should start aiming 30* to the right, swing out of my shoes and play for a pull. Those seem to be my longest drives! Problem with that is if it doesn't pull.

I was this close to coming inhere and saying that I hit my driver 280, because I did so today. Glad I saw your post first.

Then I went ahead and did it anyway, hahaha.

I expect to hit mine 265-270 when I make my best contact and also straight. I would never say (seriously) that I hit it that far, nor would I attempt to force carry it that far (not yet, anyway).

I think you gotta give your true averages in a thread like this. That's what counts.

Well then I would have to say my driver average is probably closer to 250, but I would imagine if you took out my shortest, and longest drive of the day, it wouldu be back around 280. Hitting one driver 80 yards right into a tree really hurts your average distance way more than piping one 300 yards helps it, but does that really mean I hit the ball 250?

Well last time on a Launch monitor my average total distance was 278, before we took off the weak hits, 284 afterwards. The difference there is there are no trees to knock down a bad shot, they jsut go along way in the wrong direction when hitting on a LM.

My question to you is, when figuring out how far you hit your PW, do you count that one you duffed 20 yards?

Then instead of figuring out average, this thread needs to find the median distance, the one that half are over and half are under. That would be a truer reflection on how far you hit.

And for your question, no I wouldn't count the duffed ones in an average, although I should. But I wouldn't consider the ones I hit on the screws my average either.

Then instead of figuring out average, this thread needs to find the median distance, the one that half are over and half are under. That would be a truer reflection on how far you hit.

And for your question, no I wouldn't count the duffed ones in an average, although I should. But I wouldn't consider the ones I hit on the screws my average either.

Median sounds like a good number.

Let's put it this way, If a green was 280 away, I would be thinking driver is the key here, just don't try to step on it and you should be good, If it was 280 to the back of the green, I would probably go 3W and try roll to it onto the green, for fear of going over.

I stand by all my distances.

Median sounds like a good number.

Let's put it this way, If a green was 280 away, I would be thinking driver is the key here, just don't try to step on it and you should be good, If it was 280 to the back of the green, I would probably go 3W and try roll to it onto the green, for fear of going over.

I stand by all my distances.
I'd be pounding the driver on that hole, haha. Then pitching up the final 20-50 (or 80) yards most likely, haha.

Back