Indianapolis to release Manning on Wed 3/7/12

The Colts paid Peyton $25 million not to play in 2011. If he was willing to retire, I have no doubt that the Colts would have given him a job in the organization. Peyton thinks he can play, and the Colts aren't convinced enough that he can to take another $28 million hit right now.

I have always liked Peyton, and have supported the Colts during his tenure, but you can't let the past accomplishments make this decision in a Salary Cap killing move like this. The Colts don't owe Peyton anything at this point.

There's no guarantee that Luck will succeed in the NFL.

I'm glad I'm not a Colts fan since Irsay seems to be losing his mind. Literally.

The Texans own the AFC South right now. They're on the upswing.

I hope the Titans start Locker. But they need a RB who can move the pile and they need help on defense.

Could care less about the Jags. Especially with that new owner.

I will cheer for Manning to win another SB. Unless he's with the Steelers, Raiders, or Eagles. LOL. I will never cheer for those teams.

Everything is just rumor and speculation at this point. I guess we will all know at noon today.

Well, since were going to go there, at least when our star player gets hurt, we still compete for a playoff spot. The Colts pack it in and go 2 and 14. Oh yes, I went there! LOL.

Thus proving the point Manning > Brady since Brady has more to work with and always has!

As a Colt's fan, I pray on every snap, Brady breaks his leg again (sorry), I laughed at this because my buddy said the same thing!
I wish I could give you 1000 reps for that!

Well, since were going to go there, at least when our star player gets hurt, we still compete for a playoff spot. The Colts pack it in and go 2 and 14. Oh yes, I went there! LOL.
wait for it......
Thus proving the point Manning > Brady since Brady has more to work with and always has!

BAM!! +rep

You know, if Manning never plays football again, at least try to keep him in the organization. He is the greatest QB, keep that knowledge to pass on to the next one.

If this doesn't happen, then management IS losing its mind.

I will cheer for Manning to win another SB. Unless he's with the Steelers, Raiders, or Eagles. LOL. I will never cheer for those teams.
You're my new friend. LOL

As the biggest Colts fan in the world, I must say that I have been a little depressed this evening. We all saw this day coming, but part of me was in denial and hoped that something would be worked out. I can't say I blame Irsay for making this move, because ultimately they are rebuilding now rather than in 3 years or so when Manning retires, and by then they would have missed out on some stud QBs like Luck. But for someone who has always been a Colts fan I just can't wrap my mind around seeing him in another uniform, and it is going to be very strange watching games this year without seeing him on the field or sideline. I will continue to be a Colts fan first and foremost, but until he retires I will be rooting for Peyton to win another Super Bowl no matter what team he is with. I want to see him go out with another championship, even if it means beating my Colts once or twice to do it. He is a class act, and whichever team he goes to is going to be very lucky. I am excited that I got to witness some of his greatest moments in person in Indianapolis, and I hope I get to go see him again this year whenever his team plays somewhere around here.

Couldnt agree more, except with the biggest Colts fan in the world. I am all the way in Richmond, VA and I have season tickets and make the trip up about 5-6 times a year.

I knew this day was coming, but didnt want it to come nor face the reality of it.

I was a Colts fan before P-Money, and will be one long after him, but it really will pain me to see the guy who single handedly made Indianapolis a football town. He re-wrote the story book of the Colts franchise. Not only as a player but as a citizen in the community. We are losing a true staple in the organization.

Losing the SuperBowl was the worst feeling I can remember as a Colts fan, yet... I think today at noon eastern time will be alot worse.

*Grabbing a kleenex*

I am no Colt fan, but I imagine today is a tough one. At some point though, all Franchises go through something like this. The old changing of the guard. At least you guys get to replace him with Andrew Luck.

I swear listening to ESPN Radio you would think a world leader has passed away or something.

From the Colts perspective it is the right move. $28 million for a physically suspect quaterback is tough, no matter how great he is. Luck on the way.

From the Colts perspective it is the right move. $28 million for a physically suspect quaterback is tough, no matter how great he is. Luck on the way.

But see, thats what people are missing. By the looks of it, Peyton said he would agree to a paycut and would restructure. He has said he would play for a big incentive contract.

Agree. Time is not on Peyton's side now. The money is so big now, you have to let go of the past at some point to have any future. The perfect world would be that he agreed to a reduced payment/pay and stays with the team or he retires and stays with the team. At the end of the day, the Colts would never be good ever again if they live in the past all the time.

And, we are talking serious neck problems here, not a twisted ankle. I'm hoping he made a deal and will stay to help bring up the future Colt's QB. We will know for sure in 3 hours.

We need a new football coach at Univ of Tennessee. Following his retirement, I like the fit.

Who would have thought this 12 months ago? Amazing. No way he goes to the skins, they are a joke of a franchise and the last thing he needs is another nutty owner to deal with. Miami or KC are much more likely. I don't see the Jets angle working out.

I think he goes to Seattle, word is, Seattle is even looking at Wayne.

I think KC and they too pick up Wayne. Bowe, Wayne, Manning and Charles, Moeski at TE... very impressive.

On Second thought, Miami does have warmer weather...LOL

I think KC and they too pick up Wayne. Bowe, Wayne, Manning and Charles, Moeski at TE... very impressive.

That could be interesting.

The Raiders are close.....

Don't rule the Jets out on this.....they've got a D built to win now, solid O-line, and weapons to make Manning happy (especially a TE). Also, the Giants own NY right now so the Jets are trying to do all they can to take the town back beyond Sexy Rexy's rants. Plus don't forget the SB is coming to NY soon do don't think that the Jets don't want to be in line to play at 'home' during the big game.

He goes to the Redskins after Daniel Snyder offers to buy him a spaceship and dip him in solid gold upon retirement. Snyder offers Peyton a 10 year, 200 million dollar contract. Bank on it!

Has there been a more poorly run franchise over the past 10 years, than the Washington Redskins?

The Raiders are close.....

Don't rule the Jets out on this.....they've got a D built to win now, solid O-line, and weapons to make Manning happy (especially a TE). Also, the Giants own NY right now so the Jets are trying to do all they can to take the town back beyond Sexy Rexy's rants. Plus don't forget the SB is coming to NY soon do don't think that the Jets don't want to be in line to play at 'home' during the big game.

these are good thoughts here. I think it would be cool to see him as a Jet. he might get cold though

Houston Texans! Trade Schaub to Miami or Washington and pick up Manning.

Really I don't know where he will end up. Arizona could be a landing spot for him.

If the Chiefs make a move for Wayne, I think Bowe is gone (he was tagged). I can see him traded for a pick.

Look on the bright side colts fans, at least it didnt end like it did here in wisc. With the favre deal

The League would love Manning on Manning love in NY too never mind the League gets Manning v Brady 2x a year

these are good thoughts here. I think it would be cool to see him as a Jet. he might get cold though

The League would love Manning on Manning love in NY too never mind the League gets Manning v Brady 2x a year

I don't think it will happen. But it would be interesting.

Back