Indianapolis to release Manning on Wed 3/7/12

Finally. Colts fans can shed a tear and move on. Watching this on the tv here at the Mazda dealer.

Peyton and Irsay shaded some tears during their intro speeches... Good to see a player still cares for his legacy and cares for the town he's given so much to.

Jim Irsay sounds better on Twitter

True class by Manning and Irsay. Sad to see him go but this was the right way to do it

If he goes to the Jets, Rex Ryan will celebrate by buying a Payless Shoe store.

Elway should throw an offer at Manning just to stir the pot in Denver

Wow.. that was heart wrenching!!

Definitely will miss 18 running the show.

Wonder how hard Jerry Jones will pursue Manning? I mean, Dallas could use an upgrade at qb....

Wonder how hard Jerry Jones will pursue Manning? I mean, Dallas could use an upgrade at qb....

I thought about that too. I'm not sure it's worth the risk, but you never know with JJ. I mean do you take Manning and hope for 3-4 good years, trade Romo and hope for a decent pick and then draft a QB in the coming years. Or do you just stick with Romo and hope you get 4-5 good years.

I thought about that too. I'm not sure it's worth the risk, but you never know with JJ. I mean do you take Manning and hope for 3-4 good years, trade Romo and hope for a decent pick and then draft a QB in the coming years. Or do you just stick with Romo and hope you get 4-5 good years.
Is Romo that old? I would think he could play at a high level for longer than 5 years.

Is Romo that old? I would think he could play at a high level for longer than 5 years.

He'll be 32 when the season starts. I figured 5 was a good estimate.

lol low blow Doug.

What a heart felt farewell and thank you by Peyton Manning. Now that is one classy dude. I dont think he could have said it any better. And I hate to bring up his name when speaking about a classy guy like Peyton so I wont, we'll just called him Cub. If "Cub" would have done ANYTHING even close to a truthful, heartfelt apology on TV instead of that robotic, Im reading this for the very first time, crap I think A LOT of people myself included would have a very different opinion of the guy right now.

lol low blow Doug.

What a heart felt farewell and thank you by Peyton Manning. Now that is one classy dude. I dont think he could have said it any better. And I hate to bring up his name when speaking about a classy guy like Peyton so I wont, we'll just called him Cub. If "Cub" would have done ANYTHING even close to a truthful, heartfelt apology on TV instead of that robotic, Im reading this for the very first time, crap I think A LOT of people myself included would have a very different opinion of the guy right now.

I agree dude. Very classy

I think the Packers could use him.

If Matt Flynn can throw 6 TD's in one game imagine what a all time great QB like Manning could do.

Listened to it on local radio here in Philly. It was a little sad to hear. Peyton and Irsay handled this with the utmost class. You can tell they have a profound respect for each other and both knew that this is what's best for the Colts. Any team out there will be upgraded to have Manning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lol low blow Doug.

LOL. I wondered how long it would take for you to see that! On a related note, sounds like your 'boys are looking at CB Brandon Carr since we did not tag him...sounds like he is looking for a top 3 contract...not sure about that.

LOL. I wondered how long it would take for you to see that! On a related note, sounds like your 'boys are looking at CB Brandon Carr since we did not tag him...sounds like he is looking for a top 3 contract...not sure about that.

Im not sure about that kind of money either. But Id take Carr over that knucklehead Finnegan any day. Id rather they draft a young stud at DB but I can also understand the signing a proven commodity thing too.

If Matt Flynn can throw 6 TD's in one game imagine what a all time great QB like Manning could do.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

:alien:

Im not sure about that kind of money either. But Id take Carr over that knucklehead Finnegan any day. Id rather they draft a young stud at DB but I can also understand the signing a proven commodity thing too.

Agree with that.

How soon do you guys think Peyton will make a decision on where he goes (assuming he doesn't retire)? I think it will be soon so teams can do what they need to do in free agency. It isn't like he and his agent got blindsided by this so they have been doing their homework already....

Back