What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an old school golf bag and cart at a yard sale today:

626e343e-c15f-5404.jpg

Sent from my Evo 3D using tapatalk.

Picking up a Taylormade RBZ rescue today. Can't wait!

GigaGolf - TRX Pearl Metal
custom club1$45.90
GigaGolf - X Wood Headcoveraccessory1$3.45
GigaGolf - TRX Pearl Hybridcustom club1$47.00
GigaGolf - Hybrid HC #5accessory1$2.95
GigaGolf - Center Cut Classic SP3custom club1$24.50
Proactive - Putter Cover

Just ordered this bad boy to put on my RedX2, I haven't used the RedX2 in a while so I thought I might dress it up and game it for a short while just to see how it goes.

5D1B45CE-39FF-41F6-998B-5CEABA4B5E2B.jpg

626e343e-c15f-5404.jpg

Pimpin! That's seriously awesome. I'd game that speed demon.

Pimpin! That's seriously awesome. I'd game that speed demon.

Definitely is going to be my walking bag. 14-way top and I LOVE the red tartan. For 5 bucks it was WELL worth it. Just finished washing it and will be walking my local par 3 course with this early next week.

Definitely is going to be my walking bag. 14-way top and I LOVE the red tartan. For 5 bucks it was WELL worth it. Just finished washing it and will be walking my local par 3 course with this early next week.

Excellent. The tartan is cool, looks like you skinned Ian Poulter for it.

626e343e-c15f-5404.jpg

Picked this bad boy up today. Had it brought in from SeeMore to my specs. 34.5" and 2* flat. I put the grip on it separately, myself.

aefddd9d-403e-f2c5.jpg

aefddd9d-4053-fc0c.jpg
aefddd9d-4067-76a0.jpg
aefddd9d-4077-feaa.jpg
aefddd9d-408a-b841.jpg

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

@ JN, Love it JN, can't beat that!

@ COLT, Very Nice, Love the SeeMore action!

I found a perfectly good Razr Hawk 3 wood in the pre-owned rack for just $89.00. I couldn't pass it up, even though I don't need a 3 wood. I maight have to MattyKrack this club quick.

Purchased a 9 degree R11 left hand driver head...looking forward to getting it on the links!

Warrior forged irons, 3-PW with Rifle shafts, Warrior SW and LW with Harrison Stepless, S flex, for $11.98 at a Goodwill. Figured for 12 bucks, WTH!

Warrior forged irons, 3-PW with Rifle shafts, Warrior SW and LW with Harrison Stepless, S flex, for $11.98 at a Goodwill. Figured for 12 bucks, WTH!

If they don't work out for you, I'll take them off your hands, I've been looking for a used set forever.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Sweet bag Nate. What a deal.
TapAhoy!

Sweet bag Nate. What a deal.
TapAhoy!

Couldn't pass it up. I feel like even if I don't use it, I'll hang it on my wall...it's such a cool bag that is probably older than I am, LOL.

Just bought a ghost corza centre shaft with superstroke grip never used a centre shaft of fatso before! Not quite sure what to expect!!

finally pulled the trigger on the driver. now my bag is ready for the season

attachment

I bought the new Blackberry iPhone so I can finally download some cool golf apps and sweet talk siri.

haha, I swore I would never go apple.

Well, yes, there's that, but I've never heard of a Blackberry iPhone before...:alien: TMex would be very conflicted...

Bought a pair of black Puma Golf Style pants from Puma and then bought Shocking Pink Puma Golf Polo from golfballs.com.

Finally upgraded my clubs -- yesterday got the full Nike VR-S set: Driver, 3&5 FWs, 4I-GW. Ironic because I went in thinking "no way I'm getting Nike," but I hit them the best in the simulator. I expected I'd like the Taylormades, but I didn't hit either the R11s or RocketBallz as well as the Nikes. Also tried Calloway RAZR Hawk -- again, just a little more comfortable with the Nikes. Didn't try the Pumas -- too orange for me -- nor the Titleist (salesman suggested might be a little above my game.)

Have tried the Nike's on the course (9 holes yesterday, 18 today). The irons and FW are all clear upgrades over my previous 10-year old clubs -- Pintracker Golf "Killer Striker" Irons (Cobra King Snake knock-offs), and Sports Authority cheapie Wilson 3-5-7 woods.

The only thing that isn't clearly better (yet) is the Driver -- I had a Titleist 905R 10.5* Driver with an Aldila NV 65 shaft. Thus far I'm hitting the VR-S 10.5* Driver about the same - 220yd average, with a high end of ~250 (stock Fubuki K 56g shaft). I'm hoping as I get used to the Nike I'll add 10-20 yds -- the head is bigger than the Titleist, so I have to tee up higher, and I don't think I have that optimal yet. After a little practice with it, I may go back to the launch monitor and try the adjustments on the VR-S to optimize launch/spin/etc. Right now I've got the standard setting, which relative to my Titleist is a little lower and some draw bias. I was surprised that the launch monitor showed I mostly had a mostly staight, sometimes slightly inside-out swing. I always thought I had a severe outside-in swing (over the top)! However, repeatability was not great -- suppose that's why I have a 20 hc.

Overall, the clubs look very nice. I have to admit I feel like a real newbie, what with the same line of woods and Irons. Many of you on this site have different Driver/woods/irons/wedges. Oh well, just happy to have some new sticks.

My only complaint is the headcover for the VRS driver. That thing is huge! After I bought the clubs, the salesman brought them out with the headcovers, and I thought "really? That thing may not fit in my trunk, let alone my bag!" One of the guys I was golfing with today said the cover looked like a bicycle seat. I have to agree with him. I guess it's just advertising.

Anyway -- new stuff is fun! Any tips on how not to spend my retirement money on all the great equipment available?

Last edited:
Just left a Cleveland/Srixon demo day. M3 and FW are now in the bag.

John Deere Tap'n...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back