SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

I'm really pondering an FGP even though I've never had a center shafted putter before. I understand how the RST helps with alignment, my question is:
Are you supposed to 'hide the red dot' in the backswing and forward stroke as well?

Actually I think it is supposed to be hidden the entire stroke. It is for me anyways.

I just placed my order for a Si3, Nickel finish, 36.5", 70*, Tour Classic grip.

I'm really pondering an FGP even though I've never had a center shafted putter before. I understand how the RST helps with alignment, my question is:
Are you supposed to 'hide the red dot' in the backswing and forward stroke as well?

mtiger10 - give us a call at 800-985-8170 - we can help explain - do not want you this to be your main focus during the stroke. Give us a call and we can help.
Thanks.

Got my shipping notification and tracking number today. Expected delivery date is Tuesday. Cant wait!
I just placed my order for a Si3, Nickel finish, 36.5", 70*, Tour Classic grip.

Got my shipping notification and tracking number today. Expected delivery date is Tuesday. Cant wait!

Congrats, you won't regret it!

While visiting family this week, I finally got to roll a few with several Seemore putters. I have always been a mallet guy so I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did with the FGP blade. I preferred it over all the other Seemore mallet models. The center shaft was not awkward at all. I definitely see why everybody says get fit for putters. The salesman showed me how far inside of the ball my eyes were at address!

I just wanted to check back in and give a long term update on my experience with my SeeMore. A few weeks ago I thought I wanted to use a belly putter. I purchased a Cleveland belly putter and tried to use it for three weeks. I went out and practiced with it and played rounds with it, and worked on the carpet with it. It just can't get it.

I went back to my SeeMore and it was like magic. I made everything inside or 5 feet and rolled in some bombs. I kept saying to myself "why would I ever put this putter on the shelf". Sometimes you dont realize what you have until you try something else.

I love everything about the SeeMore. It has held its finish very well and looks brand new still.

Great putter. I have many sub 30 rounds with it and my handicap has gone from a 12.5 when I got it to an 8.4 now. Not all due to putting but it helps.

Great putter.

Played my first tourney of the year yesterday and the SeeMore mFGP was the best club in bag. I love knowing I WILL make everything inside 6 feet. A fitting is inevitable.

Putting with my SeeMore Si3 Black these days has become a day to day thing, its sort of like which player is going to show up this given day. Yesterday was just an extremely odd day that I can't seem to wrap my head around. Tee to green I was playing some of the best golf ever and even with the flat stick I felt really solid putting a great roll on the ball/hitting my lines very well, I simply could NOT read the break or speed all day.

I've thought about it all night and still just can't put my finger on things, just hope it never happens again. It's not like I was out of position, or jurking the ball around the greens, I really don't think I pushed or pulled a putt the entire round. Hole #10 on this course generally kills me. It's a tough "C" shaped par 5 up hill all the way with the green surface hidden from view on your approach. I stuck my 3rd shot within 8 feet and proceeded to 3 putt??? Not only did I not read the sweeping break right to left, but the ball just kept traveling to leave me a curled 5 footer back.

My entire round was screwed by what is usually the best part of my game.

This is why god made beer. Have a pint, let it go and you'll get em next time!!

Putting with my SeeMore Si3 Black these days has become a day to day thing, its sort of like which player is going to show up this given day. Yesterday was just an extremely odd day that I can't seem to wrap my head around. Tee to green I was playing some of the best golf ever and even with the flat stick I felt really solid putting a great roll on the ball/hitting my lines very well, I simply could NOT read the break or speed all day.

I've thought about it all night and still just can't put my finger on things, just hope it never happens again. It's not like I was out of position, or jurking the ball around the greens, I really don't think I pushed or pulled a putt the entire round. Hole #10 on this course generally kills me. It's a tough "C" shaped par 5 up hill all the way with the green surface hidden from view on your approach. I stuck my 3rd shot within 8 feet and proceeded to 3 putt??? Not only did I not read the sweeping break right to left, but the ball just kept traveling to leave me a curled 5 footer back.

Still don't know if I should buy a seemore. I would get the si1 which is quite a drstic change from what i have. Itll be that, a ping pickemup, or a mashie f3

This is why god made beer. Have a pint, let it go and you'll get em next time!!

Lol, good idea on the pint. I headed back out the next day and my stroke was back. It dawned on me I was not finishing my stroke, I started doing that on the practice green and made my first putt on #1 green from 7 feet. It was like a light coming on.

Due, I think the honeymoon period is over with me and my FGP, I used to able to make a lot more putts than I did my last round, but I haven't put any practice time in yet. I think it's all about the setup and stroke, which the seemore helps you with, I just need to get my initial read and alignment synced up. I know the seemore is going to perform, I know it's my stroke and not the club!!

I'm with you Icey, those day's of knocking down everything I looked at seem over, but a little staying tell's me this SeeMore is still the best of my bunch for me. If I take the time to actually putt a few around the practice green with stance and release in mind my stroke seem's much more solid. It kind of muddies the water that I've been playing a ton of "New to Me" course's, I can't read green's well, lol.

Good to hear it's feeling better Due. I know when I first bought mine there was a honeymoon as well.
Then I think I start over thinking things and was trying to make sure I arced my stroke. I had never thought about swinging on an arc before and have now gone back to what I consider my natural stroke (the one I had when I bought it) and am fully loving the FGP.
A change I have stuck with is a line on the ball. Set up ball with the line, put the rifle scope on it and my only thought is pace. Keeps my head down really well and 3 putts are "almost" a thing of the past.

Good to hear it's feeling better Due. I know when I first bought mine there was a honeymoon as well.
Then I think I start over thinking things and was trying to make sure I arced my stroke. I had never thought about swinging on an arc before and have now gone back to what I consider my natural stroke (the one I had when I bought it) and am fully loving the FGP.
A change I have stuck with is a line on the ball. Set up ball with the line, put the rifle scope on it and my only thought is pace. Keeps my head down really well and 3 putts are "almost" a thing of the past.

I caught myself doing that, I was exaggerating the arc, lol. I think it's in our nature to sort of experiment with things that work, lol.

Lol, good idea on the pint. I headed back out the next day and my stroke was back. It dawned on me I was not finishing my stroke, I started doing that on the practice green and made my first putt on #1 green from 7 feet. It was like a light coming on.

thedue - you found the SECRET to a SeeMore putter - everyone has good days and bad days. You have learned your good putt from your bad putt. No other putter can teach you this. Just because you had a bad day on the course - you did "not throw the baby out with the bath water" - you stuck with it. Why? Because you know the difference between you good putts and your bad putts. SeeMore teaches you this. You can realize when you make a bad putt because you have hit so many good putts. Why? because when you "hide the red dot and see the two white lines" you are doing the SAME thing every single time. Same starting point - same motion - just like shooting free throws in basketball. Your SeeMore putter is like a good batting average it just keeps going up and up and up - no spikes, no dips - just consistent.

Keep up the great work and keep letting us know how it goes.

thedue - you found the SECRET to a SeeMore putter - everyone has good days and bad days. You have learned your good putt from your bad putt. No other putter can teach you this. Just because you had a bad day on the course - you did "not throw the baby out with the bath water" - you stuck with it. Why? Because you know the difference between you good putts and your bad putts. SeeMore teaches you this. You can realize when you make a bad putt because you have hit so many good putts. Why? because when you "hide the red dot and see the two white lines" you are doing the SAME thing every single time. Same starting point - same motion - just like shooting free throws in basketball. Your SeeMore putter is like a good batting average it just keeps going up and up and up - no spikes, no dips - just consistent.

Keep up the great work and keep letting us know how it goes.

Thanks a ton for the reply and all the help over the time I've had my SeeMore. I still need to get back out and put this through the paces again before I can claim too much success, but I absolutely think you are right on. I catch it when I'm gripping a little low, or pushing my ball a little to far forward, or say when my grip is getting seperated too much, but the release is something I have to get ingrained so it becomes natural.

I had my first practice session this morning with my new (Jman's old) ONE cs. The practice green was drenched and was rolling very slow- dew covered and all the holes were filled with water. I definitely like the feel of faster greens in general and putt better on them so it was quite an adjustment to the slow speed and new putter feel. It is indeed going to take practice getting used to the alignment. I tried playing it back farther than I normally do, which to me felt like it was just left of the zipper as prescribed here and on Seemore's site. There was an instructor there who got down and drew a line in the dew of my foot line and then from there an intersecting line out to where my ball position was. Even though it felt right to me (just left of zipper) it was actually behind center in my stance, so I still have to play it up farther than I would have thought. I thought that my eyes were just inside the heel of the putter with my back straight and athletic. He dropped a ball from my eyes and it landed an inch and a half to the inside of the putter between it and my toes. This is how I had been putting with it in order to hide the red. I've spent many years getting my eyes directly over the ball so it takes some getting used to. The solution was to stand a little closer to the ball to get my eyes in the right spot, and to move the ball up in my stance. It actually felt closer to my old stance and was an easier adjustment- and the red was hidden. I guess it's a cautionary tale that there is more than one way to hide the red- make sure your hands are nice and neutral at setup and that you aren't taking a stance and then adjusting your hands/arms to make the red go away. Doing so will either make the face point off the target line or add/remove loft. I had a couple of other issues to sort out, mainly keeping my head nice and still through the stroke and getting the back of my left hand square at impact. Once those things came together I started hitting them nice and pure and started getting great feedback through the putter. It's my first milled putter and I see why people like it.

I wouldn't say I made more putts than I typically do, but the consistency and distance control was actually quite good. I didn't come away from the session feeling like I would drain more putts, but that if I am hitting GIRs that I will be more confident in my ability to lag and two putt for par. I might have to sneak back over there during my lunch break when the putting green is dry.

I had my first practice session this morning with my new (Jman's old) ONE cs. The practice green was drenched and was rolling very slow- dew covered and all the holes were filled with water. I definitely like the feel of faster greens in general and putt better on them so it was quite an adjustment to the slow speed and new putter feel. It is indeed going to take practice getting used to the alignment. I tried playing it back farther than I normally do, which to me felt like it was just left of the zipper as prescribed here and on Seemore's site. There was an instructor there who got down and drew a line in the dew of my foot line and then from there an intersecting line out to where my ball position was. Even though it felt right to me (just left of zipper) it was actually behind center in my stance, so I still have to play it up farther than I would have thought. I thought that my eyes were just inside the heel of the putter with my back straight and athletic. He dropped a ball from my eyes and it landed an inch and a half to the inside of the putter between it and my toes. This is how I had been putting with it in order to hide the red. I've spent many years getting my eyes directly over the ball so it takes some getting used to. The solution was to stand a little closer to the ball to get my eyes in the right spot, and to move the ball up in my stance. It actually felt closer to my old stance and was an easier adjustment- and the red was hidden. I guess it's a cautionary tale that there is more than one way to hide the red- make sure your hands are nice and neutral at setup and that you aren't taking a stance and then adjusting your hands/arms to make the red go away. Doing so will either make the face point off the target line or add/remove loft. I had a couple of other issues to sort out, mainly keeping my head nice and still through the stroke and getting the back of my left hand square at impact. Once those things came together I started hitting them nice and pure and started getting great feedback through the putter. It's my first milled putter and I see why people like it.

I wouldn't say I made more putts than I typically do, but the consistency and distance control was actually quite good. I didn't come away from the session feeling like I would drain more putts, but that if I am hitting GIRs that I will be more confident in my ability to lag and two putt for par. I might have to sneak back over there during my lunch break when the putting green is dry.

Welcome to Team SeeMore - contact us anytime for help or questions - "Lifetime Access" - we are here for you.

Still don't know if I should buy a seemore. I would get the si1 which is quite a drstic change from what i have. Itll be that, a ping pickemup, or a mashie f3
Go with the Seemore!! I actually demoed all 3 of those clubs last month but could only afford one of them. I eliminated the Mashie because you will use a putter on every hole- then I picked the Seemore over the Ping because the RST was great with setup/alignment.

My FGP is being delivered today. The RST is going to feel like home.

My FGP is being delivered today. The RST is going to feel like home.

Congrats! It does have a sorta calming effect once you get accustomed to it. I don't even look down most of the time, but I know it's there if I need it. Hope it works well for you.

Back