Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Other?

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
When you read a book....do you use a regular book with pages..or a kindle, Kobo, etc??

I don't read a lot, but when I do, I like a real book.

I voted other because for me its both.

Kindle. Cheaper for new releases and with my Fire I can do all kinds of other stuff on it. Plus, no need for more bookshelves!

I have used both, and I honestly prefer a real book, but it is hard to beat the Kindle for convenience.

Both. I like a nice book if the book is something I want to own. I've only recently started books on the Nook app for the $500 reader. So far I've read young adult books like The Hunger Games and some older books like Ender's Game. I don't need those for my shelves, and they're pretty affordable.

But I like a nice book.

Kevin

We've got a great County library system here (in person and on-line). You can request most any book or video (new and old) and if you're willing to wait a bit, it will be delivered to your local library branch for your pick-up.

The library will also take purchase requests on books or videos they don't currently have. So far I've requested a number of books and videos, and the library has purchased them. Again, great library system.

Kindle or Nook via iPad if the book is available

We've got a Nook. For most books that you dont plan to keep in a collection, its just so much easier because you can simply download the books and then delete them when you are done reading.
That and I like the aspect that we arent killing trees in order to make books that are going to end up in the trash. IMO, moving away from paper media more to digital media is a very good thing.

I'm an avid reader and always prefer real books. I make constant use of the local libraries.

Like a few of the others, I use the Kindle or Nook app on my IPod and IPad. I do prefer the nook app over the kindle because you can download free samples of books before purchasing them.

I voted both as I use a Kindle and paper. Not everything is digital yet.

I love buying Books and having them on my bookshelf, but using my Kindle is just convenient.

If I find a good deal at Barnes and Noble or Borders, I will buy the books, if not then I get the cheaper priced ebook.

We've got a great County library system here (in person and on-line). You can request most any book or video (new and old) and if you're willing to wait a bit, it will be delivered to your local library branch for your pick-up.

The library will also take purchase requests on books or videos they don't currently have. So far I've requested a number of books and videos, and the library has purchased them. Again, great library system.

GenErr - Like you we have a very nice library system in my county too. You can request both hardbound and digital books. The hardbound books get delivered to your local library while the digital books get loaded to your device.

I have a Galaxy Tab and read books with a kindle app. I also have a Kobo app that I rarely use.

Also, if digital if not available I occasionally read a hardbound book...mostly ones I read from a library because I don't have the space for hardbound books anymore.

I like to read books. I 've tried using a Kindle, but just go back to books.

Ipad 2

I use the kindle. Have for about 18 months now. The thing I like about it is that you can get sample books for free. Depending on the book it will give you the first chapter or multiple chapters. I like that because I hate buying a book only to get home, read 50 pages and realize I'm just not in to it.

The vast majority of the time I'm reading on my Sony Reader. I was an early adopter (have had 3 now, first one was 300 bucks 5 years ago). I still wander bookstores and will occasionally buy a real book, but unless it's a book in my collection I can't find online, I'm reading on my Reader. I'm even a nerd and have 'Don't Panic' on the cover :)

I prefer to read books. There is something to be said about the weight and feel of an actual books vs. the screen. Plus, it's easier to flip back and forth, and it's especially nice if you like to mark in the book like I do. With all that being said, my girlfriend bought me a Kindle so I now use both. When I travel, using the Kindle is pretty nice, since it's lightweight and takes us less space than an actual book.

My wife and I both have Kindles. I travel quite a bit and its just easier and lighter than carrying a few books.

I prefer to read books. There is something to be said about the weight and feel of an actual books vs. the screen. Plus, it's easier to flip back and forth, and it's especially nice if you like to mark in the book like I do. With all that being said, my girlfriend bought me a Kindle so I now use both. When I travel, using the Kindle is pretty nice, since it's lightweight and takes us less space than an actual book.

The flipping back and forth between pages is the only thing I miss on my Reader. And really, how often is that really needed? I guess if anybody reads their bible religiously (pun intended), it would be annoying, but I generally read books beginning to end (or bookmark and go between books anyway) so it doesn't bug me that much.

On the other hand, I am willing to accept arguments for the smell of a book :)

I use a Nook color and I love the ability to carry around a few hundred books with me. Makes it easy to bookmark pages, mark passages and look up words. And I really love being able to prop it up next to the stove for recipes while I'm cooking. Just all around easier that a book.

For books, I pretty much only use my ipad/iphone now! I love the convenience.

Love my kindle fire. Easy, portable, less clutter!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back