NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what the best player in the world needed, more motivation, thank you Philadelphia News...

Side note, anyone see the segment on Hartnell Down? Pretty funny stuff!

Hahaha anyone see Sean Bergenheims Peoples Elbow on Volchenkov's head last night? No disciplinary action scheduled. OF COURSE NOT! I dont have access to youtube but it is there.

Bergenheim is a jackass too. He elbows quite a bit and gets a way with it. He elbowed Mike Richards earlier this season and Mike was out with a concussion for awhile.

Pittsburgh is done and was overrated from the get go. get the brooms out poeple becuase a sweep is coming! people hate him because he is a crybaby. You didnt see any of the flyers crying about any of the BS calls in the first 2 games. they just scroed goals.

haha I'm not even a Pens fan and this is the most bias thing I have read all day.

Pittsburgh is done and was overrated from the get go. get the brooms out poeple becuase a sweep is coming! people hate him because he is a crybaby. You didnt see any of the flyers crying about any of the BS calls in the first 2 games. they just scroed goals.

They arent crying because they won. If they were losing the fans would be crying that the league hates them and picks on them.

Just what the best player in the world needed, more motivation, thank you Philadelphia News...

Side note, anyone see the segment on Hartnell Down? Pretty funny stuff!

first off you obviously aren't from Philly this stuff is posted everyday.... its the way Philly is passionate and over the top. and i do think crosby started some of the stuff that made the last game turn ugly. i mean the shirts the Flyers are handing out at the game tonight say we hate you too aimed at crosbys comments saying he hates everyone on the flyers..... i personally liked the hartnell hulk hogan tees from last game.

hartnell down is awesome! i have my hartnell down t shirt ill be wearing to the bar tonight. ill snap a photo if i remember.... all the money goes to his charities.

They arent crying because they won. If they were losing the fans would be crying that the league hates them and picks on them.

i know i am gonna get slammed for this but heres how it is in PHILLY IMO......
i honestly think most FLYER fans dont like Crosby because they think he whines and cries and is considered a wimp when it comes to getting hit or fighting..... i can appreciate Crosbys talent but hes just not a broad street bully type of player and i think this city feeds on that.... why they LOVE guys like Pronger... and Talbot and Lappy. They want a guy who is gonna CHECK and HIT people take a puck to the face to make a save and grind. im not saying crosby doesn't play hard or hit and stuff but look at crosby punching guys then getting out of actually fighting anyone 2 or 3 times last game... that pisses the fans off here and is the #1 reason he isn't liked here. plus hes very talented. I personally think hes a great player but i would take Malkin over him in a heart beat even if they both were at 100%. Malkins not afraid to get in a scrum and would be a much better fit here. Its just the way Philly was is and prob will always be. I honestly think the Broad Street Bully Mentality will always be here and not that its horrible i like that our team plays hard but the game has changed so much since the lockout and its much more of a skilled type game where faster skating is more important that checking and being able to fight. The flyers had to trade Richards and Carter this season to catch up with the rest of the league in terms of skill level and young talent coming up. I personally couldn't be happier with the changes i just wish we did it a few years ago. the flyers aren't the broad street bullies as much anymore i just think the City and its Fans havn't figured that out yet.

i know i am gonna get slammed for this but heres how it is in PHILLY IMO......
i honestly think most FLYER fans dont like Crosby because they think he whines and cries and is considered a wimp when it comes to getting hit or fighting..... i can appreciate Crosbys talent but hes just not a broad street bully type of player and i think this city feeds on that.... why they LOVE guys like Pronger... and Talbot and Lappy. They want a guy who is gonna CHECK and HIT people take a puck to the face to make a save and grind. im not saying crosby doesn't play hard or hit and stuff but look at crosby punching guys then getting out of actually fighting anyone 2 or 3 times last game... that pisses the fans off here and is the #1 reason he isn't liked here. plus hes very talented. I personally think hes a great player but i would take Malkin over him in a heart beat even if they both were at 100%. Malkins not afraid to get in a scrum and would be a much better fit here. Its just the way Philly was is and prob will always be. I honestly think the Broad Street Bully Mentality will always be here and not that its horrible i like that our team plays hard but the game has changed so much since the lockout and its much more of a skilled type game where faster skating is more important that checking and being able to fight. The flyers had to trade Richards and Carter this season to catch up with the rest of the league in terms of skill level and young talent coming up. I personally couldn't be happier with the changes i just wish we did it a few years ago. the flyers aren't the broad street bullies as much anymore i just think the City and its Fans havn't figured that out yet.

Malkin isnt afraid to get in a scrum because he is sooooo ugly. Sidney has a pretty face to take care of..lol

Partially is because the NHL tried to shove him and Ovechkin down our throats. Hockey fans generally only care about there team. I certainly could care in the least that the Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Capitals, Red Wings, Flyers are the only teams EVER on NBC on Sunday. I just dont watch. If they marketed Crosby properly as a superstar with commercials and things like that it would have be fine in my opinion. But instead, they tried to shove the Penguins down everyone's throat. So people dont like to be told who they should like.

this is true and how many of those teams hate each other? Pens, Rangers, Caps, Bruins, and Flyers those are almost all rivalry games against each other any way you match them up. i don't like any of those teams except the flyers. i can appreciate talent on those teams but im not gonna root for any of them. and honestly if i didn't play hockey i prob wouldn't even appreciate the talent and just hate those teams and everyone on them. which im sure 90% of USA hockey fans are like they have no clue about how the game is down on the ice. I mean its comical to me when people say Crosby isn't talented i just laugh. i can agree to some points on why people don't like crosby but not being talented is def not one of them.

Malkin isnt afraid to get in a scrum because he is sooooo ugly. Sidney has a pretty face to take care of..lol

i like UGLY.... couturier has a perfect hockey face. banged up nose and when hes smiles hes missing those 2 front teeth its the best smile in hockey.

haha I'm not even a Pens fan and this is the most bias thing I have read all day.
you sound just like one of them. go get a Crosby Jersey!

you sound just like one of them. go get a Crosby Jersey!

You couldn't catch me in a Pens jersey if you paid me. It's called taking the blinders off.

There is no point in explaining what it's like in Philly. People just don't understand and won't until you live here. Visiting or reading National papers does it no justice. The media is biased and puts out what they want, what they know will create a buzz. The media portrays us as bullies. In this series we have just flat out wanted it more. We've shown more character and heart than the Pens could imagine. Do we have dirty players? Absolutely! But not to the extent that Pittsburgh has. Everyone outside the city of Philly is still holding on to the Santa incident that happened like 8 years ago! The media still brings it up to this day. We are passionate about our sports, point blank.

There is no point in explaining what it's like in Philly. People just don't understand and won't until you live here. Visiting or reading National papers does it no justice. The media is biased and puts out what they want, what they know will create a buzz. The media portrays us as bullies. In this series we have just flat out wanted it more. We've shown more character and heart than the Pens could imagine. Do we have dirty players? Absolutely! But not to the extent that Pittsburgh has. Everyone outside the city of Philly is still holding on to the Santa incident that happened like 8 years ago! The media still brings it up to this day. We are passionate about our sports, point blank.

it is almost impossible to explain if you weren't born and raised around here. or lived here for a long time. its just different than any other place ive ever visited.

it is almost impossible to explain if you weren't born and raised around here. or lived here for a long time. its just different than any other place ive ever visited.

I would equate that to how it is around here in Lincoln, Nebraska and the Husker football team. It's just crazy sometimes, logic and reality don't exist and it's all about passion and rooting for your team!

Any major sports city has that. It's slightly different everywhere, but the media drives what they want rather it be good or bad. You can say you don't know until you live there, but go to Toronto and they'll say the same thing.

You go to England and most of Europe and you get it in soccer. In Philly, Toronto, Montreal, and a few others get it in hockey. A lot of the College towns/cities in the states have it. Boston and New York get it in baseball.

It's sport. Cheer for the home team, hate on the away/rival team.

These playoffs have the been the most physical I have ever seen! I love the urgency that the teams play during playoff time. And even though I am sad the the team I work for is not in the playoffs this year, it is making for great watching! I just hope that the Redwings get knocked out the first round! :p

Hahaha anyone see Sean Bergenheims Peoples Elbow on Volchenkov's head last night? No disciplinary action scheduled. OF COURSE NOT! I dont have access to youtube but it is there.

Wait a minute. I thought everyone on the Panthers was soft? Nah, I don't see an elbow.

Wait a minute. I thought everyone on the Panthers was soft? Nah, I don't see an elbow.

Dirty illegal hits make a team not soft. Cool story bro. Go be a Flyer fan. Perfect match. Dirty = tough

Tap Tap Taparoo

Dirty illegal hits make a team not soft. Cool story bro. Go be a Flyer fan. Perfect match. Dirty = tough

Tap Tap Taparoo

No thanks. I prefer the 3 seed underdog with finesse and no grit. Hahaha. What's up with that penalty kill?

Congratulations on moving on to the 2nd round after 3 games. Oh wait...

Tap Tap Taparoo

Congratulations on moving on to the 2nd round after 3 games. Oh wait...

Tap Tap Taparoo

Save it for Saturday. I got my tickets. Don't really need pillows.

Hope Hossa is ok after that ridiculous shoulder he took to the jaw.

Cory Schneider starts for the Canucks, I think thats saying good bye Luongo for next year

Save it for Saturday. I got my tickets. Don't really need pillows.

Haha touche sir, touche.. Well played. Good luck.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back