NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I think 1 game for Neal is perfectly fair considering neither player he hit had to leave the game due to injury.

its not the point... neal obviously has a history of making bad decisions on the ice that COULD injure someone. all year long they have taken that INTO consideration when dishing out suspensions and fines. and 2 questionable plays on the same shift at 2 of our better players? The whole reason they started doing this stuff this year was to get players to change the way they play the game to make it safer for everyone out there. now they are just letting it slide and i don't agree with it. perfect example if Hartnell or Rinaldo or Cooke or Asham did those 2 plays do you think they would have gotten 1 game?

its not the point... neal obviously has a history of making bad decisions on the ice that COULD injure someone. all year long they have taken that INTO consideration when dishing out suspensions and fines. and 2 questionable plays on the same shift at 2 of our better players? The whole reason they started doing this stuff this year was to get players to change the way they play the game to make it safer for everyone out there. now they are just letting it slide and i don't agree with it. perfect example if Hartnell or Rinaldo or Cooke or Asham did those 2 plays do you think they would have gotten 1 game?
Hartnell would have because he's having a goal scoring season. Rinaldo is dirty period. Cooke, I don't really know because he's been REALLY REALLY good about changing his play this season.

Hartnell would have because he's having a goal scoring season. Rinaldo is dirty period. Cooke, I don't really know because he's been REALLY REALLY good about changing his play this season.

You just proved my point.... it should be equal for everyone not oh hartnell is having a good year or Cooke is trying to change his game which i agree with BUT they still have a history and thats supposed to be taken into consideration. Look at Asham even hes NEVER been suspended for anything even though hes a tough nose player you know if he hit Giroux in the head thats at least 2 games for him. i just wish it was fair and even maybe they need to have a point system like with your license for speeding tickets get points and they slowly go away over time get to many points and the suspensions get longer. i dunno but the free for all attitude that Shanahan has with doing what he wants for WHO it is i think is wrong.

You just proved my point.... it should be equal for everyone not oh hartnell is having a good year or Cooke is trying to change his game which i agree with BUT they still have a history and thats supposed to be taken into consideration. Look at Asham even hes NEVER been suspended for anything even though hes a tough nose player you know if he hit Giroux in the head thats at least 2 games for him. i just wish it was fair and even maybe they need to have a point system like with your license for speeding tickets get points and they slowly go away over time get to many points and the suspensions get longer. i dunno but the free for all attitude that Shanahan has with doing what he wants for WHO it is i think is wrong.
Oh, I fully agree with you regarding the need for uniform penalties. I was just answering what you asked me.

I think the Neal suspension is fair. I thought the hit on Giroux deserved punishment. I thought the hit on Couturier did not.

4 games for Asham. Seems fair to me.

4 games for Asham. Seems fair to me.

See my above qualms with the Weber penalty. Also, Asham didn't even injure him. The crosscheck was in the chest (unlike the way Schenn reacted), and considering what's his face got 1 game for jumping Brian Boyle, the follow-up punch seems minor. I just think the penalties are so out of hand.

See my above qualms with the Weber penalty. Also, Asham didn't even injure him. The crosscheck was in the chest (unlike the way Schenn reacted), and considering what's his face got 1 game for jumping Brian Boyle, the follow-up punch seems minor. I just think the penalties are so out of hand.

Injury or no injury, that's what Asham was going for and that is frankly unacceptable. I like the suspension. Won't matter anyways, they'll only be around 1 or 2 more days.

Weak. I hate seeing games end like that.

Yeah that was a pretty brutal goal to let in...

I am just glad Nashville is dominating Detroit. Would be nice to see some fresh teams in the finals.

I like Nashville a lot.

So Nashville is good?!?!?! Hmmm...time to be a hockey lover. Jumping the bandwagon. Go Predators!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Asham and Neal seems fair, though not technically proper. Neal is a star, reason as to why he didn't get 2-3 games. Torres better have the hammer dropped on him. Repeat offender, left his feet, after watching it again, it was insanely late. It better be 6+.

I think Towes said it right in his interview after the game when asked about the officiating.

"I just don't know what to expect anymore and I'm not sure anyone does."

Something like that. I think it sums it up pretty well. I love the physicality that we have seen, but the officials need to start stopping it at a point before it gets out of hand like it has been. They're letting guys run free.

Wow, that's pretty messed up on that quote from Toews, and I think he makes a great point without really pointing a finger..

It's like a wheel of punishment... Shanny just waiting to spin it today for Torres.

haha I did it for Torres and it sat right between hockey play and 6 games... Nice variable hahahaha

Did you turn on playoff mode? SHEA WEBER MODE ACTIVATED!! Haha

haha yeah that was awesome. Turned it off to get more games though

Yup. I couldn't get Torres for more than one with "SHEA WEBBER MODE ACTIVATED".

So disgusted by the Devils performance last night that I bought throw pillows instead of tickets to Thursday nights game. I have seen this script written before and I dont want to be a part of it. Leaving the Prudential Center like I want to punch someone.

Pens in 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back