Greetings from RTJ Country

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Hey All,
A friend told me about this place so I thought I would give a look... Looks like a great place and you can never read enough golf forums..:D

- Grew up in Las Vegas
- Military brought me to Huntsville, AL
- Married for almost 12 years (this time I got it right) and have a wonderful 5yr old
- I work as a Flight Controller for the International Space Station..(notice the post time..I am currently on mids)
- Played golf about once/year until 2006...Then the bug bit and I get out about 2x/month with some range time thrown in. Being in Alabama, I have access to the RTJ Trail which is a really great deal
- As a last parting shot, I am part of the minority that stands on the correct (aka Phil side) of the ball....:banana:

Looking forward to reading/posting and getting to know people here at Hackers....

If anyone is traveling through or lives semi close, drop me a note and we can tee one up....

Bama
Roll Tide

Welcome Bama. I have a great friend that lives in Huntsville. One of the best breakfast places I ever went to was there.

Welcome- I've always been very interested in heading down to check out the RTJ trail, you may have to convince me to finally pull the trigger!

You'll love this place!

Welcome Bama! I am a fellow SEC football fan, however my colors are orange and blue. Great to have you here on the site, I hope you enjoy your time here!!

Hey Bama great that you came by. This is a great place to hang out welcome. Always good to have another lefty around!

Welcome to the site bama!

Welcome Bama to THP. I am too a member of the RTJ trail. I grew up in Huntsville, AL and currently live in southern Alabama. I usually travel north of Huntsville for lessons once a month. The next time, I am in Huntsville for a weekend, I will shoot you a PM and we can tee it up at Hampton Cove.

First of all...welcome and a great big "Roll Tide" for a fellow Bama fan.

You are absolutely right. The RTJ Trail is one of the best values in golf, particularly for those lucky Alabama residents who can by the Trail Card.

I would highly recommend anyone to give it a try (particularly if you like highly sloping multi-tiered greens :act-up:).

I have played most of them around the state, but never got up to Hampton Cove for some reason.

If you haven't gotten over to the ones in Muscle Shoals, I would highly recommend it. I think that the Fighting Joe course is one of my favorite on the trail.

Anyway, welcome again.

Welcome, Bama. Always nice to see another Lefty!

Welcome to THP, Bama. You'll definitely like it here. Very interesting job you have! I live just south of the Cape, so hopefully we can get the next shuttle up tonight if conditions cooperate.

Welcome to THP! You just entered a dark abyss of posting addiction and never getting off this forum.

You're trapped now :D

Welcome to THP, Bama. If youre the type that thinks you can never have enough golf forums to spend time on, you will fit in well around here.

Welcome Bama. I have a great friend that lives in Huntsville. One of the best breakfast places I ever went to was there.
I know the chances are low, but maybe I know him?? Also, where did you eat?? I am assuming a nice Southern place?:act-up:

Welcome- I've always been very interested in heading down to check out the RTJ trail, you may have to convince me to finally pull the trigger!
You'll love this place!

Where you from?? Maybe a meet in the middle would be in order??:act-up:

Welcome Bama! I am a fellow SEC football fan, however my colors are orange and blue. Great to have you here on the site, I hope you enjoy your time here!!
Thats ok...someone has to be an Auburn fan...lol thanks for the welcome

Welcome Bama to THP. I am too a member of the RTJ trail. I grew up in Huntsville, AL and currently live in southern Alabama. I usually travel north of Huntsville for lessons once a month. The next time, I am in Huntsville for a weekend, I will shoot you a PM and we can tee it up at Hampton Cove.

Sounds great!! They just did a 5M renovation on the Highlands course.... I can also head south a bit if needed to Gadsden or B'ham...Where exactly you from??

If you haven't gotten over to the ones in Muscle Shoals, I would highly recommend it. I think that the Fighting Joe course is one of my favorite on the trail. Anyway, welcome again.

I have played Fighting Joe and Schoolmaster each once...Definitely different styles of courses.. Personally I liked Schoolmaster and that course and I have a score to settle from late last fall when it royally kicked my butt..:at-wits-end:

Welcome to THP, Bama. You'll definitely like it here. Very interesting job you have! I live just south of the Cape, so hopefully we can get the next shuttle up tonight if conditions cooperate.

Crossing my fingers on the Shuttle launch tonight ..We have some Science experiments on board that we trying to get on the ISS.. We help control them remotely from the ground ...

Welcome to THP! You just entered a dark abyss of posting addiction and never getting off this forum.
You're trapped now :D
As you can see, I like to converse...(although I think I need to learn how to use that "multi Quote" thing if it does what I think it does....off to work on my sig.....:act-up:

sorry about all the posts...Just read the Multi function....should have done that first I suppose....I will try to keep the clutter down....

The place I ate at is called Eunice's. I have no idea if that is spelled correctly. Great breakfast. I heard she passed away. I also love Big Bob Gibsons.

sorry about all the posts...Just read the Multi function....should have done that first I suppose....I will try to keep the clutter down....

Nah, you want 20 posts by 7:00 pm. Go ahead and PW.

The place I ate at is called Eunice's. I have no idea if that is spelled correctly. Great breakfast. I heard she passed away. I also love Big Bob Gibsons.

Yeah...that would be Aunt Eunices Country Kitchen. I never got over there, but it is/was an icon around here....As for Big Bobs....I eat there once every few weeks for lunch whether I need to or not...lol

Here's the welcome thread! Hello again!

Back