2012 NFL Draft Thread

this to me either says they go Claiborne at #3 if not Kalil or flip flop with TB so the Bucs can get T Rich and the Vikes still get Blackmon. Why the flop? In case Cleveland is serious about trading out of #4 with someone who wants T Rich bad enough

Cant give up too many details, because unfortunately in this case, I dont have any. However I was told just this morning that a project I was working on was needed to be moved up ASAP because a team picking after them felt as though their list of available players was changing.

I can also tell you that they have two other players on their board ranked as high as the OL position. It will come down to whether or not they feel they can go one more year with this line and go defense or if they think Ponder and the RB need help immediately. I still think they go OL, but I am not sure I like the pick (just me personally though).

Chance of Perry falling to #28 in draft?

So I have a question for all the draft fans out there. I would like your thoughts on Blackmon. I have been watching film on him for close to 4 days now and here are my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

Pros
Guy gets the ball. He will go up, he will fight and he will just get after it.
Quick second step and great body language.
Uses his body better than most to stay between himself and the ball.

Cons
Lacks big breakaway speed, but does make up for it with 2nd step.
His route running is average and that is being kind.

One of my biggest concerns is that in watching film, he quits on routes a lot. Especially if he is not gone to early, you will see him let up on a large number of plays. He makes up for some of that with explosive plays and highlight reel catches, but he is on a team that has had no fear of scoring points.

I get asked the comparison a lot, and keep in mind that this is a college player comparison. I see Dwayne Bowe and Michael Crabtree, with more on the former, than the latter. Scout scoring shows this as a not incredibly strong WR class with some decent depth but lacking the huge numbers that last year had.

So I have a question for all the draft fans out there. I would like your thoughts on Blackmon. I have been watching film on him for close to 4 days now and here are my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

Pros
Guy gets the ball. He will go up, he will fight and he will just get after it.
Quick second step and great body language.
Uses his body better than most to stay between himself and the ball.

Cons
Lacks big breakaway speed, but does make up for it with 2nd step.
His route running is average and that is being kind.

One of my biggest concerns is that in watching film, he quits on routes a lot. Especially if he is not gone to early, you will see him let up on a large number of plays. He makes up for some of that with explosive plays and highlight reel catches, but he is on a team that has had no fear of scoring points.

I get asked the comparison a lot, and keep in mind that this is a college player comparison. I see Dwayne Bowe and Michael Crabtree, with more on the former, than the latter. Scout scoring shows this as a not incredibly strong WR class with some decent depth but lacking the huge numbers that last year had.

This is going back a few years, but what do you think about a comparison between Blackmon and Anquan Boldin when he came out of FSU? I think that neither guy is ever going to be a burner or win jump balls, but they are both very physical and run well after the catch.

I like Blackmon. A lot. He is a good football player and a good dude. Finding out that he befriended some little girl in Stillwater that was going through chemo and all that means a lot to me. Honestly, he reminds me of a Dez Bryant. Could be outstanding if he wanted to, but does he have the ticker to go every play? I don't know. He'll be a great possession receiver.

I like Blackmon. A lot. He is a good football player and a good dude. Finding out that he befriended some little girl in Stillwater that was going through chemo and all that means a lot to me. Honestly, he reminds me of a Dez Bryant. Could be outstanding if he wanted to, but does he have the ticker to go every play? I don't know. He'll be a great possession receiver.

What about dez do you see similar?

This is going back a few years, but what do you think about a comparison between Blackmon and Anquan Boldin when he came out of FSU? I think that neither guy is ever going to be a burner or win jump balls, but they are both very physical and run well after the catch.

Boldin was a solid route runner though and a guy that did not really give up on plays.

Boldin was a solid route runner though and a guy that did not really give up on plays.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't watch much of Boldin in college or early in his career in the NFL. I was making the comparison more off of body type.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't watch much of Boldin in college or early in his career in the NFL. I was making the comparison more off of body type.

Gotcha. Surprisingly enough, most don't realize that Boldin was a decent QB

What about dez do you see similar?

I meant in their "cons", that they both seem to give up on routes, maybe get a little lazy.

I meant in their "cons", that they both seem to give up on routes, maybe get a little lazy.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info

That being said, I like the kid. I would love to see him in Charlotte. It won't happen, but I would love it. He seems to be tough and the dude just finds the football.

That being said, I like the kid. I would love to see him in Charlotte. It won't happen, but I would love it. He seems to be tough and the dude just finds the football.

Funny you say that. Saw some buzz on Twitter tonight that people don't think the Rams will take him at #6, and then the Jaguars won't take a WR in the draft. That would put Blackmon in play for the Dolphins at #8, and say that they are really enamored with Tannehill....well, there's your wish.

All of that said, I will throw tons of objects at the TV if the Dolphins take Tannehill over Blackmon, provided that Blackmon slips to that spot.

I have nothing against him and he obviously has the physical gifts to be great but I can't help but if his numbers aren't a product of the system. We saw Dez put up good numbers and he hasn't lit up the field consistently.

--
Tapatalk2

If this was last years draft I honestly don't think Blackmon is a top 20 pick. I mean that sincerely and not to diminish what this young man has accomplished.

His score is just not there and there are too many teams that are not too high on the kid as a #1 wr

I think Blackmon's overrated. I haven't seen much of him, but what I have, it just doesn't seem great to me. He seems like a good kid though. I hope he succeeds. I'm the opposite of TC, I'd rather not have Blackmon in Camolina.

I think Blackmon's overrated. I haven't seen much of him, but what I have, it just doesn't seem great to me. He seems like a good kid though. I hope he succeeds. I'm the opposite of TC, I'd rather not have Blackmon in Camolina.

You're a Carolina fan? What happened to Vick and the Eagles?

Kevin

I have nothing against him and he obviously has the physical gifts to be great but I can't help but if his numbers aren't a product of the system. We saw Dez put up good numbers and he hasn't lit up the field consistently.

--
Tapatalk2

I would agree with that....they both just happen to play in a system with a really good vertical passing game.. Dez has had flashes of brilliance...but then he goes back in his shell.

I agre with JB...in other years Blackmon might not even be a first rounder.

Well, truthfully, I would rather the Camthers have Alshon Jeffrey. He's big. We need a big ole red zone target not named Cam Newton.

I agree, I think alshon will be a stud.

--
Tapatalk2

You're a Carolina fan? What happened to Vick and the Eagles?

Kevin

Yeah I'm a Panthers fan. Vick was just on my fantasy team. But I like the Panthers and the Jets.

Yeah I'm a Panthers fan. Vick was just on my fantasy team. But I like the Panthers and the Jets.

My household is a house divided. I like the Camthers, the old girl likes the Packers, and the boy likes the JETS.

The Panthers will take Fletcher Cox I reckon. And try to snag up a WR later.

My household is a house divided. I like the Camthers, the old girl likes the Packers, and the boy likes the JETS.

I like that Erin. I have no idea who the Packers will take, but I want them to get that fast little running back from OR. Add him and they don't need a defense.

Kevin

Yeah I like the Panthers (no idea why, well sort of) and my dad likes the Jets and my brother likes the Skins.

I really want to see Camolina get Sanu. I think he's wildly underrated. After watching him a lot for the past few seasons, I think he'll be a very good pro.

I like that Erin. I have no idea who the Packers will take, but I want them to get that fast little running back from OR. Add him and they don't need a defense.

Kevin

I've seen them mocked to select Doug Martin in Round 1 a lot so who knows. Yeah, James would be a nice fit for the Pack. But they can pick him up later. What do they need, some DLine help?

Back