Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an Attas shaft for the Fit. It's called Elements.

Make sure you confirm the version first CL as there are three Elements with different characteristics.

FWIW I disliked that shaft but I'm not much of a person fan of the Attas line either for myself. Attas lovers like Tmex would/should be all over these though.

Chunky chunkylead me and then didn't reply. Shame. hehe

I am looking at the Garmin's as well and doing alot of THP searching. I really never paid attention to GPS because I just assumed when I jumped it'd be for a range finder. I think a GPS will be more useful for me though.

I am looking at the Garmin's as well and doing alot of THP searching. I really never paid attention to GPS because I just assumed when I jumped it'd be for a range finder. I think a GPS will be more useful for me though.

What's your budget?

I would go after the Bushnell Hybrid that JB has. GPS and rangefinder combined.

Nothing too crazy.

Well, I have owned 2 and both have been Bushnell's.

For that very basic device for just getting distances to green (F/M/B), Bushnell Neo Plus. Can find it for very cheap, great battery life.

I decided to upgrade to the XGC Plus and have been very satisfied with it. Pre-loaded with over 21,000 courses for basic info (F/M/B) and then you can download course maps for free for 1 year I think to get the maps with all hazards, etc. Ended up paying $200 through Rock Bottom late last year. Again, great battery life and gives me what I need when knowing distance to clear bunkers, creeks, all that fun stuff.

Go with a Garmin. You won't regret it.

QFT! I'm biased as they're made right here, but they are awesome. Love my G3. Would love the new G6 i think. I have a GPS and a rangefinder and use the GPS 9/10 times.

I'm no longer pondering the Fybrid RS 19.5, it will be mine.

GPS. I'm thinking I need to go GPS.

Also interesting because I just made the switch from GPS to laser rangefinder, and I don't see myself going back in the other direction.

I use both. Seeing a picture of the entire hole on the SGX is something the rangefinder just cant do. But in the end I enjoy having both a GPS and a rangefinder as each have their advantages.

I use both. Seeing a picture of the entire hole on the SGX is something the rangefinder just cant do. But in the end I enjoy having both a GPS and a rangefinder as each have their advantages.

same here, I have liked using both recently

Both is not an option for me, its one or the other. I like that I can do stat tracking with some of the GPS models so that's a plus as well. Any model better than that than others? I know I've seen some guys post up images of their round stats up, any particular one that lets you do that?

Both is not an option for me, its one or the other. I like that I can do stat tracking with some of the GPS models so that's a plus as well. Any model better than that than others? I know I've seen some guys post up images of their round stats up, any particular one that lets you do that?
I use the Golfshot GPS app on my iPhone for that. They have a lite version that is just the scorecard/stat tracker as well.

I use the Golfshot GPS app on my iPhone for that. They have a lite version that is just the scorecard/stat tracker as well.

+1. I love the Golfshot GPS app. The last few rounds I havent used anything. Wanted to take a break from all the technology and just use the markers on the course. It was kinda nice.

I have the Bushnell range finder only and have been very happy with it. The problem I have with it is sometimes it seems hard to hold steady. I just played a course where a GPS would have been better for me due to dog legs, trees, etc.

I just bought the Garman G6 GPS. When I use it, i will post a review as to which I find better to use. IMO though after reading the specs, I think I would use the Garman more just for the reason that it can fit into my pocket easily or on my belt. It has a touch screen so you can move the flags where they they are playing and get the yardage closer than just to the middle of the greens.

+1. I love the Golfshot GPS app. The last few rounds I havent used anything. Wanted to take a break from all the technology and just use the markers on the course. It was kinda nice.
Same here, Dev. Have been walking off my distances a bit more as of late.
Why am I suddenly finding the Cobra AMP forged, sexy as hell?
Have you been drinking? That could be one of the problems. Dont drink and OEM.

Have you been drinking? That could be one of the problems. Dont drink and OEM.

I wish I could say I have been drinking. You know? The orange doesn't even bother me that much. I like a little flash. I just think they are a really good looking set of sticks. I want to hit these when they come out.

I wish I could say I have been drinking. You know? The orange doesn't even bother me that much. I like a little flash. I just think they are a really good looking set of sticks. I want to hit these when they come out.
They have been doing wonder for Rickie Fowler's game!

I'm really thinking about trying golfshot. Lots of great reviews out there and I really need to chill on the big purchases until the end of July anywho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back