Twin Eagles: Eagle Course, Naples, FL.

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Treated myself to a fantastic golf course today and I grabbed as many pics as I could without being slow. Of course on #15 I find out there I'm 1 of 3 people on the course and the other are on #3. This course will play host the LPGA Titleholders event this winter, the ladies will have some fun. You'll experience great service from the staff and the practice area is top notch.

The Eagle course was recently redesigned as has only been open since the first of the year. The old course was strewn with coquina stone waste areas and was your typical new Florida course. The redesign changed all that, gone are the waste areas and every green is now elevated. Every green. Usually you only get a few elevated greens down here but this was quite a site.

The greens made me think of a Donald Ross course mixed with a Nickalaus edge, semblance of Ross' turtle shell greens and there are areas you want to be in but unlike some Nickalaus course you aren't killed for hitting a green in the wrong spot. Fairways were wide but tight, what I mean is there isn't much rough on a few of them, so if you miss you're in some junk. Fairway bunkers galore, good lord at the bunkers and they are mounded just perfectly.

It is a very tough track, most of the play is on the other course as a result, ratings are:
Tips: 77.9/153 7634
II: 75/148 7064
III: 72.3/134 6529

Now to the pictures

Hole #1

aefc86a2-a906-2523.jpg

Hole #2

aefc86a2-a92a-e16e.jpg

Hole #3

aefc86a2-a94b-d78f.jpg

#3 Green

aefc86a2-a975-7f1b.jpg

Hole #5

aefc86a2-a99f-7388.jpg

#5 Green

aefc86a2-a9bf-754b.jpg

Hole #6

aefc86a2-a9e4-627c.jpg

#7 Green

aefc86a2-a9fd-e5be.jpg

#12 Marker, par 3

aefc86a2-aa32-68dc.jpg

aefc86a2-aa68-4828.jpg

aefc86a2-aa80-8e6b.jpg

I've played a lot courses in Southwest Florida, this course was unique with the greens. They rolled amazingly well, were silly quick yet didn't punish you with break. The fairways were about as good as any I've ever seen, firm and fast. When you find rough, it is rough. Thick bermuda that grabs the club head and anything less than a committed swing is doomed. Par 3's were not overly long unlike some courses around that like to have people hit fairway woods in a vain attempt to gain yardage on the scorecard.

The Eagle Course is a must play if you are in the area, as for me; I have a new favorite course.

Nice pics SW, sounds like a tough track. What do the green fees run this time of year? I realize it's cheaper now that it is considered off season for Florida standards.

Very nice Danny! I like the Ross description. Looks to be a very fun course. Although that first tee shot don't cater the best to me bro, LOL

Thanks for taking the time to take some pics and post the review.

$47 this morning through the THP GolfNow link. It'll be down around $25-35 later in the summer. $80 ish in season, it is a damn steal even at that price.

Thanks man, I don't mind the heat and anything under $50 is a great bargain IMO.

Props for sharing as TC said!

Very nice Danny! I like the Ross description. Looks to be a very fun course. Although that first tee shot don't cater the best to me bro, LOL

Thanks for taking the time to take some pics and post the review.

Trust me dude there are plenty that scared me as well, but a lefty that likes to move the ball left to right could tear this one apart. You would enjoy it, it was designed with shot-makers in mind.

--
Tapatalk2

Those Pics don't do the course justice, it really is an amazing piece of golf land

SW - is this course on the ocean? Looks like sand on that number 5 hole but not certain. Any other holes border a large body of water like that?

Thanks for the pictures Danny looks pretty awesome. Are you sure #2 and #3 arent the same hole dude? lol they look awfully similar

SW - is this course on the ocean? Looks like sand on that number 5 hole but not certain. Any other holes border a large body of water like that?

Not on ocean but yeah water everywhere. There is a ton water but for the most part it is not in play. The sister course on property, the Talon course that the senior tour plays has more water in play but less water on the course. Did that make sense?!

--
Tapatalk2

Lol kmac! Duplicate fail. Random pics below

aefc86a2-b532-e198.jpg

aefc86a2-b551-f11e.jpg

aefc86a2-b570-7bef.jpg

aefc86a2-b584-d48a.jpg

#16, thought it was a par 3. Pissed about a bad bogey then I saw it was par 4.

aefc86a2-b597-5c36.jpg

--
Tapatalk2

Not on ocean but yeah water everywhere. There is a ton water but for the most part it is not in play. The sister course on property, the Talon course that the senior tour plays has more water in play but less water on the course. Did that make sense?!

--
Tapatalk2

Ha, yeah - it makes sense.

Lol kmac! Duplicate fail.

--
Tapatalk2

hahaha. Here is hole #3 which is just like hole #2 just in case you didnt get enough of #2 and because he liked the design so much.. LOL

hahaha. Here is hole #3 which is just like hole #2 just in case you didnt get enough of #2 and because he liked the design so much.. LOL

I birdied that mofo too! Mashie 5 saved me.

--
Tapatalk2

Nice looking course. I really like the style of Florida courses, just wish the ball balls more than 6" in the fw after a drive, lol. The combination on water, sand, wind, trees and gators just keeps calling my name to come back. Thanks for sharing SW.

SW, I am thinking I need to come down that way and play this track with you...

Thanks SW, because of your review I went and played it last Friday. The elevated greens and plenty of bunkers took me by surprise, but I shot my best round ever. I would recommend this course to anyone, it will challenge you.

Back