Hunter Mahan Wins with new PING Nome Putter

4746e367-a39e-bf58.jpg

It's nice!

Tapatalk

Your Nome cover came? Mine is out for delivery today.

Your Nome cover came? Mine is out for delivery today.

It's a better fit. Velcro closure, but I can live with that.

Im still waiting for mine. Not readily available in the UK. According to PING mine is currently getting built and should be with me next week, can't wait.

Im still waiting for mine. Not readily available in the UK. According to PING mine is currently getting built and should be with me next week, can't wait.

-> :ping: i20 Driver 10.5
:ping: i20 3 wood 15
:ping: i20 hybrid 20
:ping: i20 irons 4-PW
:ping: Tour-S wedges 52, 56 and 60
:ping: Nome Putter

All hail, King Ping Nomer!

What a beautiful bag King Ping Nomer

-> :ping: i20 Driver 10.5
:ping: i20 3 wood 15
:ping: i20 hybrid 20
:ping: i20 irons 4-PW
:ping: Tour-S wedges 52, 56 and 60
:ping: Nome Putter

All hail, King Ping Nomer!

The ping nome is in my sig in anticipation, still rolling my Scotty Newport 2 Select. Im without my i20 irons the now as they have being sent back to ping as the finish has come right off after 2 rounds :( Will be sure to put a nice pic in WITB with my new Ping Tour i20/G20 staff bag when it arrives next week too :p

I was very happy with my Nome's maiden voyage. I had good speed on all but 3 putts today. I had skimmed more edges than before and hit a lot of great putts. This thing is so easy to line up and the feel is amazing. It just rolls so true. Well done Ping

Tapatalk

I rolled this at GG yesterday and I am impressed. Face balanced, solid feel and pleasing to the eye. No way of pickup the ball is the only draw back

I've averaged something like 36 putts since bagging the Nome. I might put another putter in the bag tomorrow.

I've averaged something like 36 putts since bagging the Nome. I might put another putter in the bag tomorrow.

Man I hate that you are struggling. I was loving it yesterday and can't wait to try it out again tomorrow. My speed was great with if I could read greens a bit better I would have done great because it rolls so true for me.

Man I hate that you are struggling. I was loving it yesterday and can't wait to try it out again tomorrow. My speed was great with if I could read greens a bit better I would have done great because it rolls so true for me.

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on but I know I've had more 3 putts and my average putts has been high since switching.

Kmac, maybe the Nome is for you like it is for Hunter. Hot out of the gates, then he's never in contention.

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on but I know I've had more 3 putts and my average putts has been high since switching.

1st round today with the Nome windy and wet. Had the distance down but could not read the greens.

Had two games with my nome and seem to be struggling. It has helped my alignment but since coming from the bladed putter I can't get distance down. Im either far too firm or too soft, struggling to find the inbetween with it. Going to give it a go this coming week on 3 games I have lined up and see how I get on :(

Played 9 today had 2 one putts at apx 8 foot. It's starting to grow on me.

Officially given up on this putter. Fantastic from long range but close up Im struggling, can't judge pace at all.Been nocking some short put 5 feet past. Traded it in for a Ping Anser 5 milled and already I am having more success. With the Nome I hit plenty of greens in regulation but ended up 3 putting. Didn't feel like I could ever do a birdie putt with the nome. Guess it just doesn't suit me, might suit others tho!

Officially given up on this putter. Fantastic from long range but close up Im struggling, can't judge pace at all.Been nocking some short put 5 feet past. Traded it in for a Ping Anser 5 milled and already I am having more success. With the Nome I hit plenty of greens in regulation but ended up 3 putting. Didn't feel like I could ever do a birdie putt with the nome. Guess it just doesn't suit me, might suit others tho!

Same here bought an Anser 1 today.
I am Nome les now.

Had the Nome 1.5 weeks and love it.

Has anyone gone with a smaller lighter grip to feel the head of the putter more? I was practicing on putting greens after a round today and was toying with a small hand separation and some tension between the hands--(kindof a light torque) and was really feeling the weight of the head and just rolling them so nicely--distance on lags was excellent and up close (inside 5 feet I could not miss). I am anxious to see how it translates to ply and if I just worked my way into the zone or if I can get that feel on demand. This really got me thinking about a lighter smaller grip from the standard to see if it helped get even better feel. With the small tension and a good waggle it felt like I was shooting pool out there for a time.

To answer my own question I have put a standard iron grip that is much lighter and like the feel of the club with the lighter grip much more. Just had a great round with only one three putt (hole in a tough slope) and several 1 putt scramble par saves from over 10 feet. I do prefer this putter overall with the lighter grip.

World #3 Lee Westwood is using the Nome this week per twitter. Hopefully it works for him, dudes a hot putter away from being #1.

--
Tapatalk2

World #3 Lee Westwood is using the Nome this week per twitter. Hopefully it works for him, dudes a hot putter away from being #1.

--
Tapatalk2

Somewhere TC is rejoicing and secretly pricing a Nome.

I imagine he's got Patty or Dennis on the phone now, "I need this for the weekend,make it happen."

--
Tapatalk2

He could easily become world #1 with that Nome

Tapatalk

Lee's gonna be money with that thing. It's a godly putter.

Back