Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Congrats - think you'll love this driver. 910 D2 standard length is 45" which I am liking much better than the 45.75" in other drivers (thinking of cutting my G20 down).

I've got my 910D3 at 44" even. It's awesome. So much easier to hit than the typical 45"+ drivers. I really suggest going shorter if feasible however I understand that some require/want the swing speed gains of longer drivers.

It's a stock shaft nothing extra. You'll be amazed.
Check out the Titlelist web site it'll give you the chart and all.
And goggle the Bassara shaft to read up on the tech of the material used.

One caveat on this club with this shaft - if you have a quick tempo and really go after the ball, this probably isn't the best shaft. For a smoother swinger, it's very good. I play with a guy who uses this driver, and he fits the latter profile. Me, not so much! I hit it a couple times, and the results were lets just say less than spectacular! But I demo'd the same head in a kali, and at some point it will knock the R11 out of the bag.

I can't wait to try it myself.

Why does Titleist always catch so much heat on this website? Best company in golf I would say. Always making classic, yet remarkably well playing golf equipment.

When I hit 40, my golf ego went out the door. I just want to hit fairways and enjoy. Luckily I still occasionally put it out there pretty well so I have the option to give up distance for accuracy and still play a solid course length. I'm definitely going to look into cutting down the G20. The question is whether to try it on the D2, which is now back in my bag. I'm actually finding the unusual combo of setting it at 12* with a PX 7C3 6.0 shaft working for me as I hit 8/14 fairways (and several just off on a course that has a lot of sloping fairways) in my trial round last weekend. I've got a slight case of T-Rex arms so 44" might put me too close but 45" seems a good fit.

I've got my 910D3 at 44" even. It's awesome. So much easier to hit than the typical 45"+ drivers. I really suggest going shorter if feasible however I understand that some require/want the swing speed gains of longer drivers.

I GOT MY 910 D2 TODAY!!!!!!!!
I don't know why I tortured my self for so long!!! So excited!!
I was able to get a return from Golfmart (90 day return policy) so for $330 basically a brand new D2!
The thing was this one had an Ilima shaft but it was the original one. A buddy told me the shaft was worth the price alone. The "regular" Ilima shaft is all orange and weighs 61 - this one is half orange half silver and weighs in at 60 it also has x5ct stamped on it - anyone have any idea what that means?? Here are a few pix of the shaft one is showing the orange, one the silver and one the 50/50 color and logos
So stoked I started on A3 and now have it at C3 - I was hitting it much better at the range than in the store!
IMAG0792.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0794.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0793.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0796-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I just picked one up with the Diamana blue shaft! So worth the money!!! Great feel and performance from Titliest.

I tried this out at a Demo day at Heritage Shores this last Sat. 910D2 10.5* with the Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 50 gram shaft and was sold on this baby. WOW This is one Hot mufa . I didn't think that the 909D2 would retire any time soon, the order should have been placed today hope to get it delivered soon.

I feel the same way, I had an amazing driving day with it yesterday, 6/7 fairways for 9 holes, longest drive was 248 (this is long for me, I have 90 SS)....What I love most about this driver is that my bad swings don't seem to be punished as much - I think this has something to do with the shorter shaft and my ability to close the face and make it more upright.....

I like the driver so much, I ordered a 910F-D 15' and a 910F 19'....I custom ordered them with the 12 gram weight. By the way, I ordered a weight kit for just the 12 gram weight for my 910D2, so I have a 2, 5, and a 9 gram weight if you want to swap out the 7 yours will ship with...let me know...I can save you $$$ by not having to buy the entire weight kit...

FB

I was able to get a return from Golfmart (90 day return policy) so for $330 basically a brand new D2!
The thing was this one had an Ilima shaft but it was the original one. A buddy told me the shaft was worth the price alone. The "regular" Ilima shaft is all orange and weighs 61 - this one is half orange half silver and weighs in at 60 it also has x5ct stamped on it - anyone have any idea what that means?? Here are a few pix of the shaft one is showing the orange, one the silver and one the 50/50 color and logos
So stoked I started on A3 and now have it at C3 - I was hitting it much better at the range than in the store!

VERY NICE!!!! Hopefully you experience the same thing I did, which is that it got better over time. I've been banging on mine for 2 months now and this is by FAR the best driver I've ever had....

Also, if you're a condition freak like I am, you should check out the following product:

http://www.golfdiscount.com/charter-clear-shield-club-protector

I LOVE this product, I have them on my driver and will put them on my new fairway woods as well...

FB

VERY NICE!!!! Hopefully you experience the same thing I did, which is that it got better over time. I've been banging on mine for 2 months now and this is by FAR the best driver I've ever had....

Also, if you're a condition freak like I am, you should check out the following product:

I LOVE this product, I have them on my driver and will put them on my new fairway woods as well...

FB

I might consider getting those when I get a new driver and FW never seen them until now, thanks for posting that

Thanks Frank, I just updated my signature too! :act-up:
So is that like a tape? do you change it? My club already has one slight idiot mark not major but I certainly don't want more.

FB

Looking on line for info on this shaft and found it for sale - price $380 :thumb: score!!!!!!!!

IMAG0792.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0794.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0793.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0796-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I feel the same way, I had an amazing driving day with it yesterday, 6/7 fairways for 9 holes, longest drive was 248 (this is long for me, I have 90 SS)....What I love most about this driver is that my bad swings don't seem to be punished as much - I think this has something to do with the shorter shaft and my ability to close the face and make it more upright.....

I like the driver so much, I ordered a 910F-D 15' and a 910F 19'....I custom ordered them with the 12 gram weight. By the way, I ordered a weight kit for just the 12 gram weight for my 910D2, so I have a 2, 5, and a 9 gram weight if you want to swap out the 7 yours will ship with...let me know...I can save you $$$ by not having to buy the entire weight kit...

FB

Thanks for the offer FB. Mine won't show up till next week.
I'm so stoked right now I can barely stand it.
So what have you noticed with the different weight's?

Got my first round in with the D2, holy cow. This thing is way more forgiving than I expected, and on even my half decent shots I got really good distance.

The shorter shaft is great, it is certainly noticeable, but I do feel like I get more control out of it.

The one weird thing for me right now is what setting to use. I have it on A4, which puts the loft up to 11, which is a little high based on my other fittings. But I wasn't seeing a super high ball flight. Which was quite confusing from my side of it, so I may drop it down a bit just to reduce the loft, and see what kind of results I get on the range.

Played my first round with the new D2. It was a scramble tournament so could pretty much swing away with it. In a word AWESOME!! Love hiting it and especially love the sound. Ball flight was very good and most drives were either great, like hitting it 280 once which is all time for me, or about 250 and fairly straight, misses mostly straight pulls left, still need to play around with the settings to get it dialed in but so happy to have made a change!

Have been playing a D3 with the Project X 7C3 shaft for about a year...best driver I have ever hit to date.

Just bought a used D3 9.5 stiff with the ahina shaft and loving it! I'm coming from a Nike Dymo 9.5 which I honestly hit pretty well but was aiming more for forgiveness than distance. After demoing the D3 at the range with a RIP shaft, I made the move. The biggest factor that made me switch was the feel. My best analogy would be that the D3 is like the "blade" of drivers. The sensation when pure'd is golf bliss. The RIP shaft felt a little too soft for me, the trajectory was no problem however. Just felt to "whippy" for lack of a better term. Perhaps its that tiny amount of extra weight from the Ahina that gives me more consistency during my swing. I'm setup at B2 right now but will try out C3 during my next range session.

I'm at the point where I can work the ball in either direction and the D3 obliges with ease (impossible to hit a fade with the dymo but had face closed 1*). My snap hook and block right have also followed along from the Dymo as well. I've only played one round with the D3 on a new course so couldn't get a good comparison (distance-wise) but I was around the 280 mark (260 with the dymo). Its truly nice to be able to consistently reach long par 4 (460 yds+) greens in regulation now.

There is definitely a payoff in regards to forgiveness but that is a price I'm willing to pay. I'm hoping my game improves enough to tighten up the dispersion on my misses. In hindsight, I feel like I should have made the switch sooner which I believe is the ultimate compliment I could give this driver...

Shes a keeper!

So I'm sold on the D2, I have never before been able to hit the sweet spot on my driver so consistently. I know it's got to be the shorter shaft and has given me a lot more control. Now if I hit something wayward it's still coming off the center of the face and it's something else I'm doing to screw it up!!!

While I use to dabble with the D2, it turns out the D3 is really the head for me. 9.5 with a slightly closed face and drop the loft .75 and we have a winner. I had forgotten just how sweet these things feel when you really whack it and were far more forgiving then I remembered.

Might have one of these rolling in someday when I find a deal on a head.

enjoy reading all of the love the D2 and D3 is getting in here....when I dont make a stupid swing with it, the ball really flies off of the face, long and straight

ST, what are you seeing different in the D3 vs D2 that is better for you?

While I use to dabble with the D2, it turns out the D3 is really the head for me. 9.5 with a slightly closed face and drop the loft .75 and we have a winner. I had forgotten just how sweet these things feel when you really whack it and were far more forgiving then I remembered.

Might have one of these rolling in someday when I find a deal on a head.

ST, what are you seeing different in the D3 vs D2 that is better for you?

Smaller head, lower spin rates and lower launch. For whatever reason, I seem play better with undersized clubs and it was one of a couple of heads that got me into exceptable spin ranges (ZL Encore, R11 and Yonex being the others).
I don't have an issue getting the ball up there and seem to do it with a lot of spin so for me it's mostly about maintaining the launch while dropping the spin and getting a bit of a closed face to deal with my terrible release timing.

I couldn't tell you why but my impact on the D3 head was consistent while I was all over the face of the D2.

Got it. When I got fitted, I didn't notice a huge difference so stuck with the D2 just because it was supposed to be more forigiving - but it was a pretty hurried test on the D3 (just a few balls) so I always wondered if I gave it a fair go since I like a smaller look, too. I don't produce as much spin anymore so I think the D2 is till better based on what you said. Thanks for the comments.

Smaller head, lower spin rates and lower launch. For whatever reason, I seem play better with undersized clubs and it was one of a couple of heads that got me into exceptable spin ranges (ZL Encore, R11 and Yonex being the others).
I don't have an issue getting the ball up there and seem to do it with a lot of spin so for me it's mostly about maintaining the launch while dropping the spin and getting a bit of a closed face to deal with my terrible release timing.

I couldn't tell you why but my impact on the D3 head was consistent while I was all over the face of the D2.

I demo'd a D2 yesterday and my order most likely will be placed this afternoon. I am simply in love with this driver.

I just went BACK to my 910 D2 after a little stint with a Ping i20. The Ping MIGHT have been a little longer but I hit WAY more fairways with the Titleist. Saturday was the first day back with the 910 D2 and I hit 12 out of 14 fairways! Someone slap me if I try to take it out of the bag again.

Back