Morgan Cup - Trash Talk Thread

We have the makings of what can be a BEAUTIFUL day in the trash talk thread. Havent had one of these in a while...

I do always get a chuckle when I hear things like how hard "my" course is. As if the Champion Course where they hold the Honda Classic is not tough enough. Or where they held the LPGA Tour Championship is not tough enough. I guess I should just stick to these types of courses, because I would not get it done at a tight course where Nate is member.

Maybe you should take the outing to Nate's course next year. Cookie reckons it's harder than what we play. You wouldn't break 80 there. Yet neither have seen you play. I'd like to watch cookie play your old home course in Venice. Jeez.

Maybe you should take the outing to Nate's course next year. Cookie reckons it's harder than what we play. You wouldn't break 80 there. Yet neither have seen you play. I'd like to watch cookie play your old home course in Venice. Jeez.

No way. In Texas they just take that course and make it bigger right? Seemingly to help with a complex, but that is neither here nor there. Of course everything is harder at Nate's club. He is going to show us that at the outing. Wait. Whoops. The next outing, he is going to show us that. He is a man among men and his course is truly something that I fear. Hopefully I can step up my abilities and play some tracks that are deemed tough enough to give a fair comparison.

Edit: By that same comparison basing Cookie's home course and The Champion Course, my guess is Cookie would have shot about 158 at last year's outing. Of course I have never seen him play, but being as though there was water, sand traps and trees, it has to add about 70 strokes to that executive course now right?

OK....never said you were intimidated by a tight course. I was merely giving what I thought was a fair assessment of his course.

Your right TC, you play the toughest courses known to man and your game travels better than any other. You are a real golfer, definitely not an internet golfer like me.

Congrats for shooting 77 at True Blue in a few months.....but you and your team still lose - and that folks is what its all about.

You take a step forward and two steps back in here every day. Clearly you just skim my posts. And if I shoot a 77 at True Blue (b/c that's where we'll probably play Saturday with a partner) then I'd be a little disappointed. I have higher expectations for myself cookie. Sorry if that doesn't fit in to your plans. Some might even call it confidence. You and Nate call it "a legend in his own mind" but the truth is, there aren't a lot of THP'ers who have shot better scores than me at plenty of THP events dude. Nothing I can do about that, it's just a fact.

I just think it's funny watching you two tell me about how tough a flat, firm, fast course in Texas is. I could take you to places here where you'd be lucky to break 100, but I don't need to talk about it.

No way. In Texas they just take that course and make it bigger right? Seemingly to help with a complex, but that is neither here nor there. Of course everything is harder at Nate's club. He is going to show us that at the outing. Wait. Whoops. The next outing, he is going to show us that. He is a man among men and his course is truly something that I fear. Hopefully I can step up my abilities and play some tracks that are deemed tough enough to give a fair comparison.

I've seen Nate flub chips on his home course. No wonder it's tough for him.

I've seen Nate flub chips on his home course. No wonder it's tough for him.

Listen. Im sure Nate's a fine golfer and I am sure Cookie is too. But to poke the idea that some local course is going to give us fits insinuates where we play and shoot scores (with THPers around) is not worthy. Ill let you know what I shoot at an executive course similar to the one Cookie calls home with a few bunkers, maybe a small river on one hole, 8 trees and playing from about 5900 yards. Maybe then I am truly worthy of being outing approved.

You take a step forward and two steps back in here every day. Clearly you just skim my posts. And if I shoot a 77 at True Blue (b/c that's where we'll probably play Saturday with a partner) then I'd be a little disappointed. I have higher expectations for myself cookie. Sorry if that doesn't fit in to your plans. Some might even call it confidence. You and Nate call it "a legend in his own mind" but the truth is, there aren't a lot of THP'ers who have shot better scores than me at plenty of THP events dude. Nothing I can do about that, it's just a fact.

I just think it's funny watching you two tell me about how tough a flat, firm, fast course in Texas is. I could take you to places here where you'd be lucky to break 100, but I don't need to talk about it.

I read the first part about skimming posts and just had to start laughing. You and JB both are the best about taking a statement and turning it into something about your courses not being tough.

Again, congrats on shooting great scores - you have something to hang your hat on. You and JB can both come back in here in August and talk about how you played great and won your points, yet your team lost....again.

Some people just don't get it.

Cookie I think we need a Chunky/Cookie vs. JB/TC matchup. Lets settle this like real men.

Cookie I think we need a Chunky/Cookie vs. JB/TC matchup. Lets settle this like real men.

Yes. And we can even make it far more interesting on top of the MC. Then i believe we will see what kind of stones carrots help grow. You would also love for us to sacrifice both of us in one matchup of course....But for this, it might be worth it.

I would take so much pleasure in the deflation of these massive egos. With the way these two talk in here, you would think they had never lost a match in their life. I mean, they play the toughest courses from 7,500 yards and never shoot in the 80's. How are these guys not on tour?

Carrots grow orange stones silly. I see this being a frustrating round for you two as you scratch your heads after 16 and wonder how the heck you lost to an epileptic and a shovel lover

I would take so much pleasure in the deflation of these massive egos. With the way these two talk in here, you would think they had never lost a match in their life. I mean, they play the toughest courses from 7,500 yards and never shoot in the 80's. How are these guys not on tour?

Carrots grow orange stones silly. I see this being a frustrating round for you two as you scratch your heads after 16 and wonder how the heck you lost to an epileptic and a shovel lover

I love the Cookie accusation of twisting things. Cookie, can you once again tell me how I would fare on Nate's home course? He was sincere in asking about it, so I hope you can give him an adequate look into my game. I mean it is significantly harder than most and I would probably struggle to break 80 as you said, so can you go on further and tell me what parts of my game will cause the biggest issues there?

Maybe in my planning of the 2013 outing, we can work to obtain something a little harder.

Have the 2013 outing at Nates course!

I love the Cookie accusation of twisting things. Cookie, can you once again tell me how I would fare on Nate's home course? He was sincere in asking about it, so I hope you can give him an adequate look into my game. I mean it is significantly harder than most and I would probably struggle to break 80 as you said, so can you go on further and tell me what parts of my game will cause the biggest issues there?

Maybe in my planning of the 2013 outing, we can work to obtain something a little harder.

Again, I said that I think any 5 handicap would have to play really well to break 80. We have done the handicap thing before - 5 HC does not mean you average 77. Why is it so hard to believe that a 5 handicap might not break 80 on a new to them course that is a tough little track? I have only played his course once and I *think* it is a much tighter track than what you are used to with the trees. Understand that you have more bunkers and more water. Greens were extremely fast but I believe that they are probably what you are used to.

Good thing you are driving to both events this year, not sure your ego would fit into the plane.

Again, I said that I think any 5 handicap would have to play really well to break 80. We have done the handicap thing before - 5 HC does not mean you average 77. Why is it so hard to believe that a 5 handicap might not break 80 on a new to them course that is a tough little track? I have only played his course once and I *think* it is a much tighter track than what you are used to with the trees. Understand that you have more bunkers and more water. Greens were extremely fast but I believe that they are probably what you are used to.

Good thing you are driving to both events this year, not sure your ego would fit into the plane.

Trump flies a 757, and his ego can fit into it. I doubt theyd need the A380 or the 747 for JB. The back and forth is great, we need Nate in here this am. Whats the side action for the sunday outing round on north/south?

Couple of things. Do you have any idea where I play golf? How in the world can you say a course is much tighter without having a clue about where I have played? And Im not driving to Myrtle Beach for the 5th time.

The irony about half of your comments is once you meet me you will realize how wrong you are...On so many things.

Trump flies a 757, and his ego can fit into it. I doubt theyd need the A380 or the 747 for JB. The back and forth is great, we need Nate in here this am. Whats the side action for the sunday outing round on north/south?

Over/Under 1.5 hours of sleep for Cookie the night before. I've got the under

Couple of things. Do you have any idea where I play golf? How in the world can you say a course is much tighter without having a clue about where I have played? And Im not driving to Myrtle Beach for the 5th time.

The irony about half of your comments is once you meet me you will realize how wrong you are...On so many things.

Irony? You making fun of my swing - that is irony.

And you know what, you are right. How would I know where you play? You know where I play - you have seen every hole at some point in time. I choose to share.....perhaps I won't do that with the new club so that I can post in ambiguity like you prefer. Easier that way so no one calls you out.

Glad to see you are leaving the ego at home for the Morgan Cup, it will be a much more enjoyable experience for all involved.

Over/Under 1.5 hours of sleep for Cookie the night before. I've got the under

No way dude - Flexeril FTW. I will get my sleep! And then puke when I wake up.....not alcohol induced.

Irony? You making fun of my swing - that is irony.

And you know what, you are right. How would I know where you play? You know where I play - you have seen every hole at some point in time. I choose to share.....perhaps I won't do that with the new club so that I can post in ambiguity like you prefer. Easier that way so no one calls you out.

Glad to see you are leaving the ego at home for the Morgan Cup, it will be a much more enjoyable experience for all involved.

Ambiguity? One of us has played with over 100 THPers. I had no idea that I had to film a HOTD video for Cookie to see. Who knew? I guess I should hang my head in shame and forget the live broadcast of the Morgan Cup or the previous 3 outings, or the countless get togethers or anything else, because I have yet to make a HOTD video for Cookie to see the toughness of the courses I play.

Chunky,
To answer your question, yes, I think Cookie is originally from OH.

No way dude - Flexeril FTW. I will get my sleep! And then puke when I wake up.....not alcohol induced.

I was worried that I would miss the early AM tee time if I took anything so I just listened to Yorkem snore until the alarm went off

Ambiguity? One of us has played with over 100 THPers. I had no idea that I had to film a HOTD video for Cookie to see. Who knew? I guess I should hang my head in shame and forget the live broadcast of the Morgan Cup or the previous 3 outings, or the countless get togethers or anything else, because I have yet to make a HOTD video for Cookie to see the toughness of the courses I play.

You asked what I knew about your "home" course and I answered. We all know about the gatherings and last year's MC. Share your course info if you choose - but don't come in here calling out my measly little home course without putting out the information about yours.

Irony....still hilarious you brought that up.

Oh...and nice job setting up the excuses in advance - but trying to make fun of me for doing the same. Oh yeah....irony.

Chunky,
To answer your question, yes, I think Cookie is originally from OH.

LOL how did I end up with 2 Ohioans?!

Back