Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet stitching on those grips man!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Those grips look awesome!

Don't they? The gridiron is SICK with the black AXE shaft and the color of the Classic head. I was surprised by the weight too, the gridiron is 52g and the perforated is 56g... I expected more with leather and the underscore.

Wow, those grips are sick! And on the Classic? I'm drooling dude!

Wow, those grips are sick! And on the Classic? I'm drooling dude!

It looks pretty ridiculous dude. So good.

I think I'm going to like the stitching on the rear, almost like a grip reminder.

Jman, I like a lot of your style but I can't get behind those grips dude. I imagine they feel awful. But I am super boring and like Tour Velvets.

Jman, I like a lot of your style but I can't get behind those grips dude. I imagine they feel awful. But I am super boring and like Tour Velvets.

Haha, I'd have never bought one for myself. I only play stitchbacks on my putters and have never given the round grips a real thought...but...a PM offering free one's and I couldn't say no as curiosity wants me to give em a whirl. If I don't like it, back to the VDR's.

I will say, as a football coach, this one feels like a football...and I like that alot. Its a familiar feel.

I hear ya. My only experience with those types of grips are on putters too and I hated it. I can't imagine swinging a club with them. You definitely do your thing though broski. That's all that matters.

I hear ya. My only experience with those types of grips are on putters too and I hated it. I can't imagine swinging a club with them. You definitely do your thing though broski. That's all that matters.

Yeah, the putter grips are love or hate thing for people. I really like the hard edges on them on putters, its why I gravitate toward them and mid iomic's.

It'll be intriguing, I honestly have no preconceived thoughts on them, I do wonder how they'll wear though. Its not something I ever have to worry about on putters, but a full swing club could be a hole 'nother thing.

There were some putters with those weird grips at the last outing. Or something similar. Cant say I was much of a fan.

Yeah, the putter grips are love or hate thing for people. I really like the hard edges on them on putters, its why I gravitate toward them and mid iomic's.

It'll be intriguing, I honestly have no preconceived thoughts on them, I do wonder how they'll wear though. Its not something I ever have to worry about on putters, but a full swing club could be a hole 'nother thing.

Not to mention having something that is so uneven on your hands could cause major blisters. Surface roughness is one thing, but when I tried a stitched round grip, my hand/fingers were raw after about 6 holes.

Not to mention having something that is so uneven on your hands could cause major blisters. Surface roughness is one thing, but when I tried a stitched round grip, my hand/fingers were raw after about 6 holes.

And that is my big fear. I think with it being on the driver it won't be a big deal....but....we shall see. That is a legit concern for sure and could lead to a quick exit. I really think with it being driver though the stitches kind of serve like the reminders my dad used to have under his old grips when he taught me to play. Time will tell.

I have had a stitchback before and never noticed it irritating my hands

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

There were some putters with those weird grips at the last outing. Or something similar. Cant say I was much of a fan.

I'm not surprised, kinda the opposite end of the spectrum from your Winn putter grips. Its like I've said 1,000,000 times now though, thats why I like putters so much, sooooooo personal...all parts of them including the grip!

I have had a stitchback before and never noticed it irritating my hands

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You have tiny hands and a stranglehold on the golf club. :D

My pondering of a Metal X may be drawing to a close :bulgy-eyes:

Blind 9 making it rain aluminum inserts?

--
Tapatalk2

Geez, I'd love to have more bread to fund ponders. But I'm really happy with my setup for the most part. TC, you OEM that Metal X? It better be the #8, or you hate all things Phil.

I've got Dennis on the other line (email) letting me know what midsize grips he has available. I hate those stock grips.

No war, no #8 broski.

#8? Please say yes.

LOL I have the PT82 version which is the same thing minus the Metal-X insert. I could bring it. Wink wink

LOL I have the PT82 version which is the same thing minus the Metal-X insert. I could bring it. Wink wink
I love the look of it dude, but it is laughable how bad I putt with that style.

I love the look of it dude, but it is laughable how bad I putt with that style.

LOL right there with ya. I can drain 40 footers and then miss the 6 footers left, right and backwards.

LOL right there with ya. I can drain 40 footers and then miss the 6 footers left, right and backwards.
Yep, the short ones are brutal with that one for me. It's bad when you cant even make them in Golfsmith.

I've got Dennis on the other line (email) letting me know what midsize grips he has available. I hate those stock grips.

No war, no #8 broski.

You get the #7?

Yep, the short ones are brutal with that one for me. It's bad when you cant even make them in Golfsmith.

I couldnt make them in Golfsmith either. And those holes are rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back