Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

Man after the first 9 holes with the Driver and 3W, if the iron and the hybrids play that well you guys better watch out!! I am headed out again this afternoon with Steele....I think we are going to try to do his first ever "Hole of the Day".

Man after the first 9 holes with the Driver and 3W, if the iron and the hybrids play that well you guys better watch out!! I am headed out again this afternoon with Steele....I think we are going to try to do his first ever "Hole of the Day".

love hearing it! Can't wait to see how having a driver you are 100% confident in helps your game.

Enjoy it out there TBT, this will be my first 18 with the FIT's in the bag later today as well.

Chunky, the reason i asked about the NDUR grips is because I gamed them and hated them. they are like a midsize grip

this is going to be huge for all of us...if you're not going to trust the fitter then why bother being fit at all?

Exactly man. I am really confident that people got what they should have.

I am playing down on Cape Cod this weekend for my bachelor party. I wasn't going to bring the Fit and the Black 3 wood just because I haven't hit them at all yet. That may change after reading this. First I wanted to work with them alittle before gaming them, not sure now.

I am playing down on Cape Cod this weekend for my bachelor party. I wasn't going to bring the Fit and the Black 3 wood just because I haven't hit them at all yet. That may change after reading this. First I wanted to work with them alittle before gaming them, not sure now.

If I was bring brand new clubs to a bachelor party there would be 1 rule. Look but don't touch

If I was bring brand new clubs to a bachelor party there would be 1 rule. Look but don't touch

Good rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spent some quality time with some Odyssey putters at GG. I rolled a slew of different options and here are my ratings of them on a scale from 1-10:

Metal-X Rossie- (10)
Metal-X #9- (8)
Metal-X DART- (7)
Prototype Tour #6 (8.5)
Flip Face #5 (9)

I couldn't miss with the Rossie. there's something really special about the Metal-X insert.....it's like they combined the White Ice insert with a face milled putter. amazing. It's got great feel and weighting to it and there's absolutely no chance of glare issues with this.

The Metal #9 was almost as good but for me it didn't set up as nice for me as the Rossie did. I liked the weighting of the Rossie slightly better too.

the Metal DART looks great at address but I can't get past the full blown mallet look. It's like I either baby it because I don't want to beat the ball with it or I just beat the ball with it. Distance control could be an issue for me with it. It's really good on the short stuff and I imagine it would be good for the longer stuff but I wasn't able to test that out at all.

The Proto Tour #6 felt just as good to me as the Metal X insert did and was really good and accurate from short and medium putts. It feels like it has an insert to it yet still has a bit of firmness to it which I liked. I don't think a blade fits my putting stroke as well as a mid-mallet does but I'd love to see what the #7 version would be like.

Flip Face #5....like a breeze up your shorts, this one surprised me a lot. The weighting felt slightly heavier than the Rossie did which I actually liked. The ability to switch inserts was really cool and could see someone adjusting it for the speed of the greens or even the weather (i.e rain=slower greens). It seemed smaller to me for a mid mallet which made me focus a bit more on center-face contact and it was hard to miss with it. If it came in a darker finish it might be game.set.match with this one.

Basically, it's going to be a long ponder process to decide which putter I'm going to roll for the MC

Good stuff Hanks! Did you get the chance to change the faces on the flip face?

actually didn't....I just worked with 2 different putters. I think the wrench kit is in the head cover if I remember right

Chunky, the reason i asked about the NDUR grips is because I gamed them and hated them. they are like a midsize grip

Ugh. Last time I steal an idea from CB. Stupid Canadians. I have the THP Pure grips as back ups so no issue. Thanks dude

Had my first date with the RAZR Fit 3w today....we're going to go out again. I like everything about this club....the profile, how it sits at address, the weighting, the sound, I can't really think of a bad thing to say about it right now. I didn;t have the best time hitting off the deck with it but that's not the club's fault as I;ve never been a strong hitter with a wood off the deck. A lot of my shots were straight blocks or pushes to the right which was more caused by coming in a tad too steep or too far behind the ball. But as soon as I teed it up the club showed what it's got. No matter where I hit it, it seemed to feel almost the same and I didn't notice a lot of distance loss on mis-hits. Like it's Octane Tour extended family member, this has a smaller profile that makes you take a good swing instead of just swinging at the ball. Most of my shots were dead center or close to it which translated into some mid to mid-high trajectory accompanied with some great distance. The club face is hot (small h) but doesn't rocket the ball off it by any stretch. My long shot of the session was 220 carry but on average I'd say this was more in line with 210-215 for me today. My shots were never off the target line by more than a few yards so I have to say I'm pleased with the dispersion. I didn;t tinker with the settings at all since I was hitting it so well so the club never came off the stock S setting. The stock Callaway shaft isn't a 'wow' kind of shaft but it pairs well with the club head to provide a nice, solid package.

JB any pictures of the Callaway driving iron?

Sweet. Sounds interesting and apparently Ernie loves the thing.

I didn't even know they had a driving iron coming out. Sweet! Interested to see the pics whenever that date arrives.

I'm very excited about this as well. Just want to see what it is like.

I didn't know about this new callaway club. Sounds really cool.

Callaway is still awesome even in the prairies.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe the driving iron was the precursor to the hybrid do it'll be interesting to see how they have changed

Embargo is coming up soon. Should have pics then.

I posted a pic yesterday that Fujikura tweeted yesterday...need me to remove it?

same here....Callaway has really brought a lot of awesome stuff to the table this year

I'm very excited about this as well. Just want to see what it is like.

I didn't know about this new callaway club. Sounds really cool.

Callaway is still awesome even in the prairies.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk
My best friend should try this out. He used a driving iron in a past golfing life.

same here....Callaway has really brought a lot of awesome stuff to the table this year

Big time. I love how "out of the box" they are thinking!

Back