Big Break Atlantis

This. We wouldn't watch the show with all the spoilers that Awsi could post. He has a wealth of info and we here at THP welcome as much of it as possible!
Fair enough - apparently I'm in the wrong here. My apologies.

They have run out of ideas. I can only watch so many glass breaks, flop walls and surprise 3 foot putts that count on the first day. Let's see some creativity instead of a rehash. The only thing that really changes season to season now is the location.

Actually, Shannon's appearance during the off-course interviews made me think exactly the same thing last night. My first thoughts were that she was either sick or had been eliminated and was crying a lot. Next time I saw her on the course, she didn't seem sick, so I figured she was crying.

I have no knowledge of the LPGA or aspiring players like Awsi, I've just been a Survivor and Big Break junkie for a long time.

They have run out of ideas. I can only watch so many glass breaks, flop walls and surprise 3 foot putts that count on the first day. Let's see some creativity instead of a rehash. The only thing that really changes season to season now is the location.

As much as I'd like to see them get creative, I'd like to see more actual golf be played instead.. Going in cold with little prep and flopping a shot over a wall is cool I guess, I'd just rather see a whole lot of team match play.

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Yet another Golf Channel show that puts me to sleep........:sleepy:

As much as I'd like to see them get creative, I'd like to see more actual golf be played instead.. Going in cold with little prep and flopping a shot over a wall is cool I guess, I'd just rather see a whole lot of team match play.

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Playing some kind of team match play or similar would be creative compared to what they are doing.

Not sure about anyone else but when that male host said "A Yani Mulligan, no make that a Yanigan" I wanted to throat punch him

is it bad that I'm really rooting for Anya? I think she has the most game here besides Shannon and Christina. She just had one really bad day.

Not sure about anyone else but when that male host said "A Yani Mulligan, no make that a Yanigan" I wanted to throat punch him

Agreed. He's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.....or as good of an announcer as well.

There's really only one problem that I have with repeated use of signature challenges like the flop wall and the glass break. Aspiring competitors on the show should know that these are coming now. They have the opportunity to practice for these challenges and have them down pat well before the show starts. If you don't continually add creative challenges into the mix, the competition gets watered down to who practiced for these signature challenges the best, not necessarily who is the best all around golfer.

Side note: Aubrey's flop wall attempt was pathetic

YES! My eyes just about rolled out the back of my skull when I heard him say that. Argh.

is it bad that I'm really rooting for Anya? I think she has the most game here besides Shannon and Christina. She just had one really bad day.

I am also in the Anya camp, JT. She had a bad day for sure, but I think she really has some good game. Zakiya has some game as well, however I think her decision to give up all her points will cost her.

Well, Gotta say, I am rooting for Zakiya. The week would be a sadder place without her in her booty shorts on Monday evenings to look forward to

Well, Gotta say, I am rooting for Zakiya. The week would be a sadder place without her in her booty shorts on Monday evenings to look forward to

Bahahahaha! I wonder how the heck she even plays good golf with those things so darn tight. They're so tight it's almost inappropriate.

Bahahahaha! I wonder how the heck she even plays good golf with those things so darn tight. They're so tight it's almost inappropriate.

You say that like it's a bad thing Nate

bahhh! when he said that i let out a big, fake, sarcastic laugh....and then said....i'll kill you Tom Abbott! what a turd.

Sorry for being a jerk here, but if this was all so obvious then why didn't you post about any of it before it happened?

I don't post during the initial airing of the episode. I notice that does go on here, far beyond other sites.

Prior to the episode I thought Anya had more chance to be eliminated than anyone else, although certainly plurality percentage, not majority. It seemed strange that the producers pushed her sexual abuse background in the preview and again in the first episode...awkwardly placed. When that happens it often means that the show wants to tell the story but doesn't have much time, similar to Big Break Ireland when Annie Brophy's background was detailed quickly then she was abruptly eliminated on episode two.

Shannon was my pick prior to the series. I've followed her results on the Cactus Tour. So perhaps I'm more focused on her than the other girls. Once her shattered appearance -- particularly in the eye area -- was on screen, perhaps midway through the show, if not sooner, I was stunned because I never dreamed she'd depart this early. In fact, I did consider breaking form and posting about Shannon's appearance long before the end of the episode, but on golfwrx, not here. That site is more confrontational so you typically receive more credit or grief.

I was surprised that Shannon's wrecked appearance in the confessional interview was not more of a theme in Big Break threads here and elsewhere, although it has shown up.

Also, the newly eliminated female contestants tend to over dress. That's another trend that's obvious after watching so many versions of Big Break. An outdoorsy Texas girl like Shannon suddenly was wearing a blue dress and had her hair puffed up.

It's just Lycra Nate... Very stretchy. You don't even know its there... Think running tights or cycling shorts (without the butt pad). But you gotta have her frame to carry it off...

I could wear that stuff up til my 40s. At 56 gravity may be winning so no lycra for me ;b

Just finished watching the show, and it's too bad Shannon is gone, but I won't miss that voice.

Just finished watching the show, and it's too bad Shannon is gone, but I won't miss that voice.

Aww no love for the twang Smalls? Personally I'd like for them to eliminate Aubrey and her eternal head cold type voice.

Aww no love for the twang Smalls? Personally I'd like for them to eliminate Aubrey and her eternal head cold type voice.

I don't mind the twang, but can't stand the squeak.

Finally got to watch the first and second eps.. I am actually surprised that I enjoyed watching it and can't wait to see the rest.. Good stuff

First, I can attest to Awsi Dooger's great intentions and helpfulness in sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge. While I can see how some who are unfamiliar with how astute an analyst he is might erroneously take it the wrong way, I assure you that Awsi Dooger is a class act and very helpful in sharing his observations and backing them up with insightful analysis.

Second, I did some homework of my own and discovered the identity of at least one more LPGA pro will be making an appearance on BB Atlantis (the first being Yani Tseng in the last episode).

Are spoilers allowed here and if so, what's the protocol for disclosing the information (i.e. do I have to write "SPOILERS" in all caps or something preceding the information?)?

I don't post during the initial airing of the episode. I notice that does go on here, far beyond other sites.

Prior to the episode I thought Anya had more chance to be eliminated than anyone else, although certainly plurality percentage, not majority. It seemed strange that the producers pushed her sexual abuse background in the preview and again in the first episode...awkwardly placed. When that happens it often means that the show wants to tell the story but doesn't have much time, similar to Big Break Ireland when Annie Brophy's background was detailed quickly then she was abruptly eliminated on episode two.

Shannon was my pick prior to the series. I've followed her results on the Cactus Tour. So perhaps I'm more focused on her than the other girls. Once her shattered appearance -- particularly in the eye area -- was on screen, perhaps midway through the show, if not sooner, I was stunned because I never dreamed she'd depart this early. In fact, I did consider breaking form and posting about Shannon's appearance long before the end of the episode, but on golfwrx, not here. That site is more confrontational so you typically receive more credit or grief.

I was surprised that Shannon's wrecked appearance in the confessional interview was not more of a theme in Big Break threads here and elsewhere, although it has shown up.

Also, the newly eliminated female contestants tend to over dress. That's another trend that's obvious after watching so many versions of Big Break. An outdoorsy Texas girl like Shannon suddenly was wearing a blue dress and had her hair puffed up.

First, I can attest to Awsi Dooger's great intentions and helpfulness in sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge. While I can see how some who are unfamiliar with how astute an analyst he is might erroneously take it the wrong way, I assure you that Awsi Dooger is a class act and very helpful in sharing his observations and backing them up with insightful analysis.

Second, I did some homework of my own and discovered the identity of at least one more LPGA pro will be making an appearance on BB Atlantis (the first being Yani Tseng in the last episode).

Are spoilers allowed here and if so, what's the protocol for disclosing the information (i.e. do I have to write "SPOILERS" in all caps or something preceding the information?)?

Use the SPOILER tag, which you will find if you click the "Go Advanced" button below and to the right of the reply box. Describe the spoiler, but do't expose what the spoiler is! (For example, " Don't click on the spoiler box if you don't want to know the name of another LPGA member who will be on the show")

Back