Odyssey Putters 2012

Callaway Staffers have ordered their Morgan Cup putters (I think they are all in, anyway!)

I ordered:

Putter Choice & Model: Metal X #7
Putter Length: 34"
Loft: 1 degree strong
Lie: 2 degrees flat
Offset: Standard
Headweight: Standard
Grip: Winn Jumbo Light J8LWS-GRS: Gray/Red/Stone.
Dexterity: Right handed.

Kmac approves! Even a Jumbo grip.

I agree on the stock turd, I also put a Winn mid-size on, but I may go back to a Super Stroke Slim....it's what all my other putters have.

I may end up putting the Jumbo Lite on mine.

Kmac approves! Even a Jumbo grip.

I may end up putting the Jumbo Lite on mine.
I thought you had the Jumbo Lite on it?

Still no 35" #7 MX at Golfsmith...frustrating.

I thought you had the Jumbo Lite on it?

Still no 35" #7 MX at Golfsmith...frustrating.

I rolled a 35 today at the Golf Galaxy

I can't wait for the dart to get here. I think it is the easiest to align putter I have ever picked up.
I've been keeping really close track of all my putting numbers lately and I'm interested to see what the dart can do for my putting game right out of the box.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up the metalX #1 today, the #9 was real nice but I was blowing by the hole with it. It came down to a 3 way shootout between NC, seemore and Odyssey.

Picked up the metalX #1 today, the #9 was real nice but I was blowing by the hole with it. It came down to a 3 way shootout between NC, seemore and Odyssey.
Great buy man, looking forward to your thoughts once you get it out to the course.

Great buy man, looking forward to your thoughts once you get it out to the course.

Its been a while since I rolled an Odyssey, I just hope the rain holds off until late afternoon tomorrow.

I can't wait for us to get our new putters. Hopefully we'll be seeing them in a few weeks.

I can't wait for us to get our new putters. Hopefully we'll be seeing them in a few weeks.

Me too dude. Putters and irons are the things I need the most time with. I can't wait!

I saw some really cool putters from Odyssey at the PGA Show. I think you guys are going to be very happy.

chunky, did you stick with the Rossie?

I changed my mind. I went with the Protype 2ball. I hit more shorties with that putter than any other

I changed my mind. I went with the Protype 2ball. I hit more shorties with that putter than any other

The 2ball was revolutionary. I love everything about those putters, I just suck with them. I think I focus on the 2balls more than one should. Hopefully you're happy and content with your order.

It was really close between this and the Rossie. I made more mid putts with the Rossie. Just those 5 footers were a bit more accurate with the 2 ball. It's my first 2ball so I'm pretty jacked up

I just got a White Ice 2-ball and love it. I am still struggling with lag putts but I am solid within 6 ft. Is this more of a mallet thing or 2 ball related?

I think it's a mallet thing Grant, at least for me. They're much easier to align and keep the putter on that line, at least they are for me. The MX #7 has been an incredible putter so far.

I think it's a mallet thing Grant, at least for me. They're much easier to align and keep the putter on that line, at least they are for me. The MX #7 has been an incredible putter so far.

I do like the hotter face on the Metal X. I think that could help with those lag putts. I tend to come up short most of the time. I wonder if they are going to make a CS in the Metal X line?

The 2ball was revolutionary. I love everything about those putters, I just suck with them. I think I focus on the 2balls more than one should. Hopefully you're happy and content with your order.

I have never really liked the look of the 2ball so I never gravitated towards it. What is the point of them?

I have never really liked the look of the 2ball so I never gravitated towards it. What is the point of them?

I believe it's the same concept as the hole on the Ghost Corza putters, easier to align the ball up to the hole.

Spent some time at the range last night after work, working on putting. The TD Black is still just performing fantastically for me. I am just rolling in everything and lag putting like its my job. It may just be the perfect putter for me. My old Odyssey White hot's insert was too hard for me and the Nike Method Core was way too soft for me. I wish I had words to describe what is going on with this putter but I dont. I will just keep my mouth shut and keep putting like a champ. I also threw a SuperStroke grip on it which has helped me as well (I know some people think its cheating or whatever), but it has helped loosen my grip which is always a problem of mine.

I do like the hotter face on the Metal X. I think that could help with those lag putts. I tend to come up short most of the time. I wonder if they are going to make a CS in the Metal X line?

I don't think there's a CS model in Odyssey's lineup to be honest. The closest thing would be the Backstryke.

I guess it's just another form of easy alignment. THe balls distract me to no end though.

I don't think there's a CS model in Odyssey's lineup to be honest. The closest thing would be the Backstryke.

I just looked over their website and you are right.

Has anybody out there tried the backstryke vs a CS? How do they compare?

I just looked over their website and you are right.

Has anybody out there tried the backstryke vs a CS? How do they compare?

The Backstryke is a very good putter. Might seem a little odd first time you try it but they work and last time I was in GG they were all on sale.

Back