Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

Hmm I still have my rebate check for Costco. It would pay for a wedge. But then again, do I want to buy a wedge sold at Costco. Has the 588 gone down or has Costco come up?

This guy OL pal. I can't stand that chrome wedge in my bag.

A little Leary of a Costco club, not even sure if the one I go to carries them.

Tap-in Talking

Yeah I wouldn't think there is any issue with the club but it reminds of a dell sold at best buy vs one sold at Walmart. Thy make the computer specific to fit prices

Hmm I still have my rebate check for Costco. It would pay for a wedge. But then again, do I want to buy a wedge sold at Costco. Has the 588 gone down or has Costco come up?

Id say costco has come up, I seem to recall them selling the CG16 iron set for dirt cheap last year, and the cg16 wedges for like $70 new at one point

I did see a fine set of X-24's in Costco but no 588's. This is interesting.

My buddy got some of the original 588's the other day.

Jesus, they are the best wedges I have ever swung.

I personally think that that silver wear on the black pearl gives it character. It looks sweet, too!

Anyone else have an opinion on getting the 52 bent to 50?

TC did that I believe. No reason I can think of to discourage it. It will lower your bounce a little. I had my 50° bent a degree and I like that wedge quite a bit.

That's crazy these are actually at some Costco locations.

TC did that I believe. No reason I can think of to discourage it. It will lower your bounce a little. I had my 50° bent a degree and I like that wedge quite a bit.
Hawk, any reason you bending the 50* to 49* rather than bending the 48* to 49*?

Do the Custom 588s even come in the 48*?

Honestly, I could have gone either way, and pretty much just went 50° based on how I felt at the time. They do have a 48° option on MCW.

Honestly, I could have gone either way, and pretty much just went 50° based on how I felt at the time. They do have a 48° option on MCW.
Thanks, wasnt sure if it was a bounce thing or not.

They go from 46 - 64 by two's - the reason I want to bend a 52 to 50 is that Costco only has 52 - 56 - 60 and I have a 56 already

All you'll be doing is dropping the bounce by 2°, which should leave it at 6° for the 2-dot I think. I don't see it being a real issue for the most part.

just wanted to give a shout out to my 54*, saved my rear yesterday, first time 78 yards to pin, within 3 feet and the 2nd time 95 yards to probably 15 feet.

Ive been working on aiming a little left on these shots and have been much more at the pin than before. usually I am pin high and off to the right, so this was a breath of fresh air for a change to hit them at the pins.

Nice job, Mike! I've been using the 53° more and more as time goes on. It's really become my chipping club of choice in most situations. It's low enough in loft that I can keep it low if I want, but I don't have to worry about hitting the ball too far like I can do with the 49°. It lets me be a little more aggressive I guess.

Having a shaft competition this weekend with the stock shafts and trying the spinners and kbs high revs see what wins out. Maybe getting new shafts by next week.

What are you looking for with a potential shaft change, Buck? Lower ball flight or something like that?

just wanted to give a shout out to my 54*, saved my rear yesterday, first time 78 yards to pin, within 3 feet and the 2nd time 95 yards to probably 15 feet.

Ive been working on aiming a little left on these shots and have been much more at the pin than before. usually I am pin high and off to the right, so this was a breath of fresh air for a change to hit them at the pins.

Same here buddy. The 54 has been a God send for me. It has been just money in the bank from 90 yards and in. I have tried no less than 4 different wedges this year alone and this one is far and away the best. Love love love it.

Having a shaft competition this weekend with the stock shafts and trying the spinners and kbs high revs see what wins out. Maybe getting new shafts by next week.
Im pretty interested in your results Buck. I am a fan of the Spinners, but there has been a lot of praise lately with the Hi revs. I have never tried them out, though. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on these.

Nice job, Mike! I've been using the 53° more and more as time goes on. It's really become my chipping club of choice in most situations. It's low enough in loft that I can keep it low if I want, but I don't have to worry about hitting the ball too far like I can do with the 49°. It lets me be a little more aggressive I guess.

yeah Im going to really try and use it more than I do now. Im not quite in love with the 50* right now, and its such a situational club I barely ever even have to use it. but I do want to maybe start using the 54* a little more closer to the greens too, where Ive only used 58* up to this point and see how things play out

Since I've been working on the stuff from Dave Pelz, I've sort of abandoned my stock pitch shot, which is typically a low ball. My new pitch shots are definitely higher, but they stop very quick and I'm a little more sure of my distances. It's pretty wild to see such a tight grouping of balls all within a couple yards of each other. The consistency of these wedges is great - I just need to work on making the swing really consistent.

Just finished giving these a bath and judging by the wear on the sole of the 54&58 I am in need of a lie adjustment. If memory is right these come a little more upright than my previous wedges, which I had bent up.

I must say they are wearing in rather nicely.
aefca0f7-9b16-1983.jpg

--
Tapatalk2

Dang, I forgot how nice your 588's looked, Danny.

Back