Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Nice job, roswell! I've also found the Classic to be very accurate for my swing.

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Ball goes long way.

... well, maybe a little more than that.

Hit 10/13 fairways today. Personal best. Hit 4 drives over 280 and one was nutted at 323...uphill. I don't know where it came from, but DAMN! Here's a pic of where she landed off of the 17th tee, 331 yard par 4.
View attachment 4687

The greatest thing about the CC is that she is without a doubt the straightest flying driver I've ever hit. It's like as long as you are going for straight that IS what you will get. If you really try to put a curve on the ball you'll get it as well, but you really have to have serious intent to curve it for this driver to do it.

I had so much confidence today. W/O a doubt my best day off the tee ever. It was nice to hear the guys I was playing with continually ooh and ahh over my driving.

CC is money! That is all!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Glad to hear about you r great day with the CC colt and thats an awesome drive there buddy.

For those that have the 9 degree loft; how is the side spin compared to other low lofted drivers? Inducing more/less/same?

My question is what is the equivalent c Kua shaft compared to the kusala silver 61? Will the stock stiff Be okay for a high ball hitter like myself?

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

My question is what is the equivalent c Kua shaft compared to the kusala silver 61? Will the stock stiff Be okay for a high ball hitter like myself?

The C. Kua in stiff has a flex code of 8722 - so stiff butt section, and soft tip section. It's a mid-high launching shaft, as is the Kusala Silver at a flex code of 5633. If you're looking to hit a C Kua that could be a bit similar to the Silver 61, I'd hit the C Kua 59. As far as it being ok for a high ball hitter, that is up to you and your swing...I am also a high ball hitter, but I brought my launch down a bit with the Kusala Blue and couldn't be happier with the combination of carry and roll.

Thanks for the info! I want to bring the launch down a little bit but maybe the stock c Kua will work, time to go to golfsmith. Thanks JN

Thanks for the info! I want to bring the launch down a little bit but maybe the stock c Kua will work, time to go to golfsmith. Thanks JN

pmoa, I beleive it was ary that first posted this but I saved it and maybe you will find it usefull.
http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2012_Custom_Catalog.pdf
It lists all their different shaft available and the specs on them.
hope it helps.

I was mashing the CC today. I can only think of one FW missed all day and this thing is long! The one miss was a terrible swing so no fault of the driver. My 910 D2 comes in tomorrow so there will be a driver shoot out soon. Glad I found this gem in the used bin, going to be tough to beat.

pmoa, I beleive it was ary that first posted this but I saved it and maybe you will find it usefull.
http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2012_Custom_Catalog.pdf
It lists all their different shaft available and the specs on them.
hope it helps.

That is awesome! I think I am slowly being swayed to the classic 10.5 w/ kusala silver 61s! I'm assuming I can call blind9 and order this bad boy?

That is awesome! I think I am slowly being swayed to the classic 10.5 w/ kusala silver 61s! I'm assuming I can call blind9 and order this bad boy?

I hate to break the bad news to ya buddy but Miyazaki no longer makes the silver. However Blind9 pulled the rabbit out of the hat and found me a silver from one of the local reps. They may be able to do another magic trick for you. I can't reccomend Dennis and Patty enough they have been great to work with.

I hate to break the bad news to ya buddy but Miyazaki no longer makes the silver. However Blind9 pulled the rabbit out of the hat and found me a silver from one of the local reps. They may be able to do another magic trick for you. I can't reccomend Dennis and Patty enough they have been great to work with.

Yes they are! And they have it in stock!

Hi everyone
I'm having an all too regular review of what's in my bag and having seen this driver (but not yet managed to hit it) I think I've fallen in love. I remember when woods were wood and have always struggled to feel confident with the more modern shaped driver heads. The fact it looks like an old fashioned wood with the brass and mahogany is just a bonus.

My current driver is an Adams 4G UltraLight which I was fitted for last year. It has 12* of loft and is fitted with a Graphite Design Quattro Tech MD 6 (S) shaft that was cut to 44.75".

In all honesty I have been a bit a bit underwhelmed with this driver - I certainly hit it straighter (or to be more accurate I hit it straight more often) than previous drivers, but I don't hit it particularly far. I am not keen on the looks - I much prefer the face to look different than the top rather than just be a big black lump at the end of the shaft - and I absolutely hate the sound and feel of shots. It is such a dull noise on contact I have no idea if I've flushed it or not.

I use Cleveland FL fairway woods (#4 and #7) and like them so am keen to try this driver.

My question is should I be replacing the shaft with the Quattro Tech one I have? My local store only has the 12* with regular flex which wouldn't matter if I was replacing it. I could alternatively get them to order one in with a stiff flex and have it cut down by half an inch to the length of my current one but that would take a while. Is the stock shaft better than the Quattro Tech? With the stock shaft would I be better with 10.5*?

Apologies for asking so many questions but I'm fairly clueless
I think a fitting would solve your issue, as some have already said. Like any club, they get better with fitting, and none more true with the deep line of shaft offerings from Miyazaki you can get with this club...stock!

For those that have had this driver for awhile, how is the brass finish holding up? (It's really not brass is it?)
No issues whatsoever. It's holding up beautifully. These clubs are built to last.

Mine finally came!!! I can't wait to get this one out onto the course. Problem is the next month is forecast to be rainy and I'm pulling 6-7 day weeks between now and when I go away in July. It may just be range time until the end of July unless the weather and work gods put things into alignment for me.
Congrats on your new Classic. I hope you can get out sooner, rather than later. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

I'm a THP newbie, so this is my first post. I recently picked up a Cleveland Classic 290, replacing a TM Tour Burner that was starting to show its age. At first I was worried about the neutral setup on the CC, vs 1* closed on the Tour Burner, but it doesn't seem to matter a bit. As other guys have mentioned, the CC sets up great to the eye. I strengthened my grip a hair with this puppy and I'm hitting slight fades that come off like nuclear missles (at least for my game). My average drive with the Tour Burner was ~265-275. The CC is easily giving me another 15 yards or so. I was playing an Aldila NV 75 shaft in the Tour Burner, so the switch over to the Miyazaka Kua 43 is fairly dramatic (it's longer & lighter than any shaft I've ever played). But I think I like it. I'm toying with hitting up a Cleveland demo day and trying out some other shaft configurations (mainly some heavier shafts) - but then again, why mess with a setup that seems to be working great? 285 and in the fairway all day? Yes please...

One bummer worth noting - I already have a nick on the top of my CC, not that far from the "Classic" sightline. I was on the range and felt the head of the club smack into an airborne tee during my follow through. I was pretty surprised that it carved out a little bit of the paint! So it goes...
First of all, welcome to THP!

Secondly...Um, yes please it right!

I'll tell you, I have a nick on mine that is in a nondescript place. It can happen. I've seen it happen with other modern clubs as well. I don't know how it happened, but probably smacked with another club from one of the cart guys. What can you do, it's a tool and purely cosmetic.

Frank A...numbers look good. I especially like how much roll you are getting on it.

OG...congrats on your new Classic...welcome to the family!

It's a testament to another fine piece of equipment from Cleveland with all of the love it is getting. I didn't respond to everyone, but read every post in catching up and I love it. Keep it coming.

Very nice! From what everyone has been posting, you will LOVE this driver!!!

Sweet dude! So your going to grab it right?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

i hit this thing yesterday and i want one. 10.5 in c kua 43 stiff...oh my that thing is beautiful.

i hit this thing yesterday and i want one. 10.5 in c kua 43 stiff...oh my that thing is beautiful.
Go for it man!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You don't mess around, Gio! I know they were offering a rebate there for awhile, but not sure if that's still the case.

I think a fitting would solve your issue, as some have already said. Like any club, they get better with fitting, and none more true with the deep line of shaft offerings from Miyazaki you can get with this club...stock!

OG...congrats on your new Classic...welcome to the family!

It's a testament to another fine piece of equipment from Cleveland with all of the love it is getting. I didn't respond to everyone, but read every post in catching up and I love it. Keep it coming.

I just checked my tracking and my driver left Macon for delivery today. I should get that puppy this afternoon!

You don't mess around, Gio! I know they were offering a rebate there for awhile, but not sure if that's still the case.

haha i know i'm still 'new' but, if ppl get to know me they'll realize that when i want to make a change it's done haha.

Did you get any numbers when you hit it, gio?

hawk:

Driver tested: Cleveland Classic 10.5 in C. Kua 43S

Avg Ballspeed: 158
Avg Launch Angle: 13.3*
Avg Carry: 262
Avg Total Distance: 271

:)

Jeez. Hard to beat that.

Jeez. Hard to beat that.

my RBZ Tour will be getting posted in the marketplace by next week. i'm in love with a classic.

Back