jgb94

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know what some good golf shoes are? My last two pairs have been foot joys and i want to try some new brands.

Love my new Puma Jigg, very comfortable. Basic quill spikes aren't that great, traded out.standard fast twist threads.

Does anyone know what some good golf shoes are? My last two pairs have been foot joys and i want to try some new brands.
Nike Lunars are the best golf shoes I have ever owned and you can get them for some very good prices right now.

I am digging my Asics Matchplay right now just wish they made more colors. True Linkswear makes some sweet shoes too, have a few pairs of those.

I highly recommend True Linkswear, especially the Tour and Stealth models. They are hands down the most comfortable shoes and my feet are loving it.
I have tried FootJoy, Adidas Adipures, Ecco Street Premiers and True Linkswear just redefined comfort for me.

Adidas ATV 360. Really liking them. And I have always been a fj person.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

you need to try ecco biom golf shoes, they are expensive, but are the most comfortable shoes i have ever worn. The leather is so soft and feels like you are wearing slippers.

Adidas 360 ATV or Adidas Adipure, they are great.

Anyone know of any shoes I can get for about $40 that look more like street shoes, like the lunars or another casual street shoe. Really liking the look of wearing regular shoes but with spikes.

Found the adidas tech response 4.0's for about 55 with free ship but little too rich for my blood right now

My next pair will probably be ECCO BIOM or Callaway Del Mars

Big fan of the Puma Cell Fusion Ice. Expensive but so comfy and stable. Really have to try on a bunch. They all feel very different.

Just bought a pair of adidas Powerbands and they are incredible. Caught them on sale at Golfsmith.

Adidas Adipures are very comfortable and my favorites of the shoes I own, also do yourself a favor and look at Footjoy SYNR-G shoes, an older model but can still be found on the net. They even have the memory foam like that used in mattresses in them.

I think if you head over to local GG you will all that you need to know. There are so many quality shoes on the market that it is hard to choose one. Nike, adidas, FJ, puma....etc

...and different shoes fit different shapes of feet better than others. I bought a pair from a manufacturer whoes shoes I had worn for many years on and off the course a couple years ago. Bought a new pair this year because they were painful for me to wear for a full round of golf.

Read reviews and then try them on for yourself.

Love my new Puma Jigg, very comfortable. Basic quill spikes aren't that great, traded out.standard fast twist threads.

Agreed on all points. Liked my Jiggs from last year so much that I bought a second, identical pair from Griff. The Quill spikes are not the best, but I let 'em wear out and then put in something grabbier (necessary for all but June-Sept in the PNW). If they fit your feet well, I highly recommend them for price/value, quality of build and the look.

On another note, I forgot my shoes one recent early morning golf day and was at the mercy of what was available at the pro shop. Luckily they had some Nike Air Range WPs for a great price. Though I'm not really a Nike golf fan, I'd been wanting to get some lightweight shoes so I bought them and have hardly worn my Jiggs since. I've played 36 more than once in these shoes on a really hilly course and my feet felt better than they ever have after 36 holes - and better than they do after 18 in other shoes on some days. Grip is awesome, super light and comfortable, and waterproof. Only complaint is the white mesh gets dirty easily but that's a quibble. Highly recommended if you're interested in a lightweight shoe, which I now know to be like a secret weapon for my feet, at least in summer conditions.

Nike Lunar Controls offer great value for the money. They're light, comfortable, and offer great traction/support. I previously wore (and still do on certain occasions) the Nike SP8 TW Tour shoes which I thought were great. The Lunar Controls are just as good in their own way.

What kind of foot do you have? I find that makes a difference too. Wide, narrow, need more arch support, etc. I agree that trying them on is the best way to go. Some shoes run too small or too large. Or (blasphemy here, since we sell many of these shoes), try to go with Zappos so you can get free returns and try stuff on and send them back w/ no charges (I'm not sure if there's a limit as to how many times you can return them, but I'm assuming there is not). But, then you'd have to pay a premium price (often higher than what other retailers are selling them for).

Back