Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

That's pretty shocking that you'd see a gain of 10 yards from the e6's.

Not really. Depending on the SS. I find the e series balls to be some of the shortest balls I've tried.

That's pretty shocking that you'd see a gain of 10 yards from the e6's.

I have only played the e6's so I can only comment on them. While I don't see them as a distance ball, they are very good at keeping you close or in the fairway from the tee. The e7 is their ball that they market for distance in the e series.

Interesting. For me the e6 is about 5 yards longer than the 300RX.

Played another round with the Blacks again yesterday and once again had a much better day driving the ball. I am starting to think that the Chrome maybe was a reason for some of my wayward drives. Now if I miss right it is because of a fade, I am not slicing it 50 yards right like before. I'm usually about 10-15 yards right of the fairway at most. Durability is definitely better than the Chrome as well. I think I will be sticking with these for sure.

Played another round with the Blacks again yesterday and once again had a much better day driving the ball. I am starting to think that the Chrome maybe was a reason for some of my wayward drives. Now if I miss right it is because of a fade, I am not slicing it 50 yards right like before. I'm usually about 10-15 yards right of the fairway at most. Durability is definitely better than the Chrome as well. I think I will be sticking with these for sure.

I feel the same way about the Chromes vs the Blacks. I tend to have better driving days with the Blacks over the Chromes.

I feel the same way about the Chromes vs the Blacks. I tend to have better driving days with the Blacks over the Chromes.

I have been gaming the blacks, tried them against the chromes, blacks won out. The Dicks guy said to try them against the TP3, so I did that this weekend. The blacks were longer, & straighter. The TP3
was a bit better on the green, but not a ton, and no way enough to make me game it over the blacks. Haven't tried the black against the TP5 yet - that's next.

Ive tried the Chromes, and like alot of you, I saw alot of sidespin with the ball. I have a sleeve of the Blacks that I am looking forward to trying out this Wed. during my league. Ill let you all know how it goes.

Spent about an hour on the chipping/putting green again today and I am loving the Blacks when I chip. They are checking up really nice. Took me a while to get it closer because I have grown so used to playing with the Chromes and they roll out a little more. When I started chipping with the Blacks they were checking up more and I was coming up short. I was surprisingly short on some longer chips. This is not a bad thing though, I think a little extra spin around the greens could do me some good because lately with the Chromes I was putting them 8-10 feet past the hole. Really enjoying the Blacks so far I can definitely see an improvement with them.

Spent about an hour on the chipping/putting green again today and I am loving the Blacks when I chip. They are checking up really nice. Took me a while to get it closer because I have grown so used to playing with the Chromes and they roll out a little more. When I started chipping with the Blacks they were checking up more and I was coming up short. I was surprisingly short on some longer chips. This is not a bad thing though, I think a little extra spin around the greens could do me some good because lately with the Chromes I was putting them 8-10 feet past the hole. Really enjoying the Blacks so far I can definitely see an improvement with them.
You were seeing more roll out with the Chromes? Interesting.

I'm going to buy some of each. It's a bit confusing because they seem to be opposite of what they claim.. ?? The way I take the balls per callaway is that the chrome is for higher handicappers with slower swing speed. I swing around 95 with the driver so the chromes should fit me perfect. However a lot of the reviews here are stating differently. Interesting.

Been a B330RX guy for a while now, but all the talk about the Chrome's got me to bite the bullet last night and I bought a dozen at Target on a whim (5% off with RedCard, haha). Going to have a 9-hole playing lesson tomorrow night and playing 18 at Sawgrass Valley course on Monday. Looking forward to seeing how they compare for me. They feel good on the carpet with my putter so far...

So as a general rule are people finding the Black straighter off the tee compared to the Chrome?

So as a general rule are people finding the Black straighter off the tee compared to the Chrome?
Much much straighter for me, the chrome just has way to much sidespin off the tee IMO. The Black is just a lot better for my game.

Much much straighter for me, the chrome just has way to much sidespin off the tee IMO. The Black is just a lot better for my game.

Played the chrome once time for one shot. To much spin for me too... gave the other 2 away.

Hasnt been an issue for me, at all. I think if someone puts side spin on the ball in general, the Chrome may not be a good fit for them.

No Dimples?

No Dimples?

Anyone tried one of these Callaway balls without dimples?

Thoughts?

Picture?

The Hex line? They do have dimples, they are just hexagonal.

He must be referring to the Hex line. Cool pic showing what the hexagonal dimples are supposed to do
Touriz.1.jpg

Oh, WTHeck. I saw a commercial on TV and it said no dimples. False advertising if you ask me.

They are just hex dimples.

I do. Figured the Chrome would be better for me, but it's the Black, for sure.

Back