Odyssey Putters 2012

See Frank, SEE! If you would have stuck with out plan as it was a month ago, you would have already had the #7. But No, had to go all Nomer on me. Hah! Get the #7 Frank, it's awesomer than the Nome.

HAHA with this kind of peer pressure Frank doesnt stand a chance.

It's an amazing putter for sure, just not for me.

Just got back from GS and I am beyond pumped about the 2ball Proto. I was rolling it so well and it is honestly one of the softest putters I think that I have hit. And that is with the rocks they have out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just got back from GS and I am beyond pumped about the 2ball Proto. I was rolling it so well and it is honestly one of the softest putters I think that I have hit. And that is with the rocks they have out.

Sorry if I missed it but did you end up changing your order to the ProType Chunky?

Sorry if I missed it but did you end up changing your order to the ProType Chunky?

I did Bradd. I decided on the 2ball Metal X and sent GG the PM. I immediately wanted to switch to the Proto and was regretting my order. 5 minutes later I PMed GG asking to switch to the Proto.

Well, THP strikes again. Or my lack of self control. I played the original D.A.R.T. last year and liked it a lot but then gave it to my wife because she liked it and it gave me an excuse to hit a different putter. I played the Taylormade Spider Ghost for a bit and liked it but then switched to a Fisher putter as I liked a center shafted putter. Today I went and rolled the Metal X version of the D.A.R.T. because the one thing I didn't like about the original D.A.R.T. was that the insert was too soft for my tastes. Needless to say, it's now in my bag. I really like that I can change the head weight of the D.A.R.T. because I like a heavier head. My last putter was 370 grams and I immediately put that weight in this one. Bought it from the pro at the golf course and since they're not a "box store" he was able to come down 15% off the list price and there's no sales tax (don't understand that one). Either way, I got it for $152 instead of the list of $179 plus 7% tax, so that saved me $40. This face seems like a happy median between an insert face and a milled face. Was rolling it tonight on my practice green area and it really gets the ball rolling right away. Not too hard and not too soft.

Awesome choice, I love the Protos and think we are definitely going to drain some nice putts. I was tempted to go 2-ball but hadn't tried it yet so I went with the one I had tried and loved already. I definitely want to roll yours though!

Chunky, I guess I completely skimmed that you went with the protype over the MX. I am a huge fan of the protype, and would LOVE a Protype #7 (fang style). Cant wait to hear your feedback on the 2ball.

Chunky, I guess I completely skimmed that you went with the protype over the MX. I am a huge fan of the protype, and would LOVE a Protype #7 (fang style). Cant wait to hear your feedback on the 2ball.

Not sure I mentioned that I actually switched lol. I just love how soft it is. Plus Paddy rolls a 2 ball so I figured Kelly would feel at home during the 2nd round

I really wish there was a CS #7 model, I would have it by now for sure. I really want the MX #7 either way though, and will hopefully get it soon depending on how much cash I get for Fathers day.

I really wish there was a CS #7 model, I would have it by now for sure. I really want the MX #7 either way though, and will hopefully get it soon depending on how much cash I get for Fathers day.

I'm a huge fan of CS putters, I have yet to have a single problem with moving back to the heel shafted #7, I was unsure at first, but it just works.

Great flat, love mine!

Well, THP strikes again. Or my lack of self control. I played the original D.A.R.T. last year and liked it a lot but then gave it to my wife because she liked it and it gave me an excuse to hit a different putter. I played the Taylormade Spider Ghost for a bit and liked it but then switched to a Fisher putter as I liked a center shafted putter. Today I went and rolled the Metal X version of the D.A.R.T. because the one thing I didn't like about the original D.A.R.T. was that the insert was too soft for my tastes. Needless to say, it's now in my bag. I really like that I can change the head weight of the D.A.R.T. because I like a heavier head. My last putter was 370 grams and I immediately put that weight in this one. Bought it from the pro at the golf course and since they're not a "box store" he was able to come down 15% off the list price and there's no sales tax (don't understand that one). Either way, I got it for $152 instead of the list of $179 plus 7% tax, so that saved me $40. This face seems like a happy median between an insert face and a milled face. Was rolling it tonight on my practice green area and it really gets the ball rolling right away. Not too hard and not too soft.

Awesome stuff haggis. I have a metal-x dart coming soon as well and I'm pretty pumped about it. Keep us updated as you get it out to the course.

Only serious golfers like chunky and Ingolfer play forged putters.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I got rid of my Scotty to get an Odyssey putter. I like it a lot.

Ugh I wish it would happen. Come on Odyssey make it rain CS goodness!

This insert blows me away each and everytime, addictive sound and feel.

--
Tapatalk2

Ugh I wish it would happen. Come on Odyssey make it rain CS goodness!

This insert blows me away each and everytime, addictive sound and feel.

--
Tapatalk2
Don't go and get me excited now... I hardly think that they would go this route though, but I don't know that much about their previous offerings. Have they offered the #7 in a CS before?

It is such a nice putter. Always wanted a 2ball

You're gonna love it CL. I roll that thing every time I go in there. Don't want to pull the trigger on it though. I'm starting to turn into a bit of a putter hoarder (plus, see my avatar)!

I'm a huge fan of CS putters, I have yet to have a single problem with moving back to the heel shafted #7, I was unsure at first, but it just works.

I came over from a CS Seemore. After the initial adjustment period, I've had no issues at all.

Ok, so the FF shaft and Iomic combo looks and feels great even on the inserted putter. I'll have some pic's up here after a while.

Me too...there needs to be a CS Rossie in the pipeline at some point

Don't go and get me excited now... I hardly think that they would go this route though, but I don't know that much about their previous offerings. Have they offered the #7 in a CS before?

Yes, in the white hot series there was a CS version. There's a few around on ebay but they all look like they've been attacked by a bear inside a garbage truck. I'm hawkpondering a #7 for later on though, the MetalX impresses me like no other.

I am really hoping that they offer a metal x backstryke DART at some point in the near future. That might be the greatest putter of all time (for me anyways)

Took the D.A.R.T. metal X to the practice green over lunch to putt against my Fisher center shaft which also has a nice insert. Since I have league tonight the Fisher's gonna stay in the bag as I think it might be a bit risky to break out the new putter for the first time under pressure. Putted well with it but since it's a heel shafted putter instead of a center shaft I think I need to adjust my set-up a little bit. I think playing the ball more towards the front foot will be the answer. Rolled it well but it just wasn't as consistent yet on the 5-8 foot testers.

Well, here she is.

Metal X #6 at 68* lie, reshafted with a UST FF shaft playing at 33", regripped with an Iomic Mid in black, 11g's of lead tape on the sole bringing me up to a preferred 355g head weight.

Should be getting out tomorrow with it for some on course. In doors I can honestly say JB and others I've chatted with are right the insert does NOT feel like an insert to me and I really like that. Its obviously got the looks for me with the wide flange (just as wide as my custom Lajosi JS8's...and I like that fact ALOT) and the headcover is super slick IMO. Looking forward to getting out tomorrow and coming back to put in some thoughts.

DSC_0051-4.jpg

DSC_0055-4.jpg

DSC_0056-2.jpg

DSC_0062-4.jpg

DSC_0060-4.jpg

I'm trying to wrap my head around how to describe the insert the more I sit here on my Tour Links and roll it. I guess I had in my head typical odyssey insert even though everyone has said otherwise. Mind bottling for me right now.

Back