I had some Under Armour heatgear socks a while back that were awesome. I'm pretty much a fan of UA all around.

Sadly, between the dryer turning socks into wire hangers and my wife requisitioning them, I have only one lonely sock left in the drawer. I think I'll have to hit the store tomorrow and restock.

I have a story about swiftwick socks. Last night my kid fell off a dock into a lake and I had to go in after her with all my clothes on. She was standing there throwing rocks into the water, next thing I know in she went. One of those horrifying moments as a parent, but I was right by her watching her and things still happen like that at the snap of a finger. I had played golf earlier so I had my golf attire on including the socks. We were over an hour away from home and I didn't have a change of clothes. That meant I had to sit on a towel and wear what what I was wearing home. We had a blanket for my daughter, she was able to wrap up and stay warm. I couldn't believe how quickly the golf clothes dried, but the first things to dry were the socks. They clearly vent moisture very well, I wrung them out and they were dry within 10 minutes. I don't recommend trying that at home.

So glad your daughter is ok. That had to nerve racking.

TapAhoy!

I have a story about swiftwick socks. Last night my kid fell off a dock into a lake and I had to go in after her with all my clothes on. She was standing there throwing rocks into the water, next thing I know in she went. One of those horrifying moments as a parent, but I was right by her watching her and things still happen like that at the snap of a finger. I had played golf earlier so I had my golf attire on including the socks. We were over an hour away from home and I didn't have a change of clothes. That meant I had to sit on a towel and wear what what I was wearing home. We had a blanket for my daughter, she was able to wrap up and stay warm. I couldn't believe how quickly the golf clothes dried, but the first things to dry were the socks. They clearly vent moisture very well, I wrung them out and they were dry within 10 minutes. I don't recommend trying that at home.

Wow, Cayuga. I'm glad your daughter is okay. Had a scary moment like that with my daughter in a pool when she was a toddler. Very scary.

So, where is everyone getting their Swiftwicks from?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Foot Joy TechSof Tour. Very comfortable.

clima cool socks work for me eh

I have two pair of Swiftwick socks that I like a lot but I have to say that my favorite are Thorlo's Experia socks!! They are $12-15 a pair but well worth it, plus they have a 30 day comfort guarntee.

I can definitely say that the Kentwool socks are the best I have ever used. I have been skeptical for a long time, but I knew I needed some really good socks so I bought a couple. After walking 72 holes in just over 24 hours I can say, these are worth every penny (and that is a huge claim because they are pretty spendy)!

I've tried a bunch this year and my faves are:

Kentwool
Izod XFG

I also like Swiftwick but their "zero" socks were not true "no show" socks and stuck up too high to wear with my golf shoes unfortunately. If they had a true no show sock, they would probably be my favorites.

I have two pair of Swiftwick socks that I like a lot but I have to say that my favorite are Thorlo's Experia socks!! They are $12-15 a pair but well worth it, plus they have a 30 day comfort guarntee.

This is great to hear Quinn. I was out shopping for socks today and ended up with the Experias mainly out of convenience. Didn't find any Swiftwicks or Kentwools in the stores, and my trip to Pinehurst is in a couple of days so I didn't have time to order from anywhere. Hopefully these Experias will perform well for me.

Oh and they were buy 1 pair get one pair 1/2 price. Nice bonus, and another reason I bought them.

I wear differnt kinds. Just don't like the real short ones-the no look kind.

I have several pair of Nike golf socks. Nice padding and they do not shrink after washing.
I also have one pair of Kentwool's. They are very comfortable. I just washed (and dryer'ed) them so I need to see if they shrunk.

I have several pair of Nike golf socks. Nice padding and they do not shrink after washing.
I also have one pair of Kentwool's. They are very comfortable. I just washed (and dryer'ed) them so I need to see if they shrunk.

I have dried mine and no shrinkage

As long as they're not 100% cotton socks I'm good to go. I do prefer a slightly softer sock for 18 hole rounds. But, my shoes are very comfortable so any sock that's not 100% cotton will do.

Swiftwick all the way. I have tired to go back to regular socks and they don't feel right. They are expensive, but well worth the money.

I need to try me some Swiftwicks sometime.

Tap tap taparoo

Back