agnate \ag-neyt\

noun:
1. A relative whose connection is traceable exclusively through males.
2. Any male relation on the father's side.

adjective:
1. Related or akin through males or on the father's side.
2. Allied or akin.

RETARD - (verb) - To stop working. Usage: "My grampaw retard at age 65."

RANCH - (noun) - A tool used for tight'nin' bolts. Usage: "Ah thank ah left my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh bard a few munts ago."

My word of the day is very simple, JOB! I finally got one after being laid off for 6mos. Not only closer to home but a raise from my other job as well. I,m stoked, and I will get to play golf during the day because I start at 4pm. Works out well for the wife and I. :blob: Wahoo!

My word of the day is very simple, JOB! I finally got one after being laid off for 6mos. Not only closer to home but a raise from my other job as well. I,m stoked, and I will get to play golf during the day because I start at 4pm. Works out well for the wife and I. :blob: Wahoo!

Congrats marc! I know you and the wife are stoked :clapp:

Great WOTD!

Wahoo indeed, congratulations marcv68 that is awesome.

volant \VOH-luhnt\

adjective:
1. Moving lightly; nimble.
2. Engaged in or having the power of flight.

noun:
1. Also called volant piece. Armor. A reinforcing piece for the brow of a helmet.

FAR - (noun) - A conflagration. Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh don't change the all in my pickup truck, that thang's gonna catch far."

pensée \pahn-SEY\

noun:
A reflection or thought.

noctilucent \nok-tuh-LOO-suhnt\

adjective:
Visible during the short night of the summer.

RATS - (noun) - Entitled power or privilege. Usage: "We Southerners are willin' to fat for are rats."

enchiridion \en-kahy-RID-ee-uhn\,

noun:
A handbook; manual.

CHEER - (adverb) - In this place. Usage: "Jest set that bare rat cheer."

FARN - (adjective) - Not domestic. Usage: "I cuddin't unnerstan a wurd he sed... mus be from some farn country."

subitize \SOO-bi-tahyz\

verb:
To perceive at a glance the number of items presented.

chockablock \CHOK-uh-BLOK\

adjective:
1. Extremely full; crowded; jammed.
2. Nautical. Having the blocks drawn close together, as when the tackle is hauled to the utmost.

adverb:
1. In a crowded manner: books piled chockablock on the narrow shelf.

instauration \in-staw-REY-shuhn\

noun:
1. Renewal; restoration; renovation; repair.
2. Obsolete. An act of instituting something; establishment.

Holy crap, OG you're killing me, you need to get a teaching job!

Thanks MG! I aim to get ya educated :D

DID - (adjective) - Not alive. Usage: "He's did, Jim."

The scary part, OG, is that I know the word you're showing before you add the definition ;) I guess the 30 yrs on the east and west coasts did not erase my DNA based southern language skills :D

makebate \MEYK-beyt\

noun:
A person who causes contention or discord.

makebate \MEYK-beyt\

noun:
A person who causes contention or discord.

The gate agent I just dealt with is a makebate. She has been at odds with everyone she deals with.

The gate agent I just dealt with is a makebate. She has been at odds with everyone she deals with.

Kind of like the high draw huh? I hate the makebates :deadhorse:

Back