Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I want new wedges... 588's; 54* and 58*, my consistency just isn't there with the MP-R12s.

You hit the 588's yet or is this based on forum feedback, etc?

J40 wedges. After playing them out of Freddie's bag for a while, there is NO doubt which wedges will be going in the bag this week.

J40 wedges. After playing them out of Freddie's bag for a while, there is NO doubt which wedges will be going in the bag this week.

Ah yeah, this is what I like to hear.

I had good times today with the 54 & 58 as well - just waiting until I get a few rounds in for an initial review. Can't wait until the 50 arrives, that will be perfect for me around the greens.

To be honest I'm surprised they haven't been in the bag for the last few weeks. Are you going chrome or black oxide?

I had some cg15's that I was killing, I "lost" one and did some impulse buying a while back.

Gotcha - I would seriously take a look at the variable/dual sole options out there right now where you don't have to be concerned with bounce. They really do make the game easier.

Gotcha - I would seriously take a look at the variable/dual sole options out there right now where you don't have to be concerned with bounce. They really do make the game easier.

I've been looking at SCOR wedges also, but I'm looking at not ordering them...a *cough* cash purchase, untraceable by the wife. I've spent A LOT lately and don't want to push it. lol

Ah yeah, this is what I like to hear.

I had good times today with the 54 & 58 as well - just waiting until I get a few rounds in for an initial review. Can't wait until the 50 arrives, that will be perfect for me around the greens.
My only draw back was that I dont like bending wedges strong, it plays tricks with my mind. After hitting Freddie's 52* bent to 50*, that issue has been taken care of.
To be honest I'm surprised they haven't been in the bag for the last few weeks. Are you going chrome or black oxide?
They are elusive. Still havent made my mind up yet, but I am thinking black oxide.

My only draw back was that I dont like bending wedges strong, it plays tricks with my mind. After hitting Freddie's 52* bent to 50*, that issue has been taken care of.

Thanks man, that is reassuring since it is what I am getting. I am not smart enough to let it play with my mind - I just need my 110 yard club (among other uses)!

You do need some new wedges. Look at that WITB. Time to step it up.

I went into GG to buy a new Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedge 56* and stopped at the putting green to try out some putters. I picked up the Odyssey Metal-X 2-ball putter and tried it out and it felt so good. I was draining putts. Now I am thinking about trading in my 2011 TM Ghost putter for that one. GG has a 50% trade in bonus on the Odyssey Metal-X putters too.

Also, considering the Vokey SM4 in 60*.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the Adidas Adipure Columbia blue limited editions; sweet; you can get them at budgetgolf.com for $149.96

Pondering a bag big time. It's between a PING pioneer and the sun mountain sync.

Now to wait for Jman's Eidelons if I will continue to ponder wedges...

Pondering a bag big time. It's between a PING pioneer and the sun mountain sync.

Now to wait for Jman's Eidelons if I will continue to ponder wedges...

I really like my Pioneer bag. Very functional and I think it's very sharp looking. I posted a pic in the WITB thread...

After chatting back and forth with Super Tuna, we have come up with 5 shafts that would work well for my swing. Now I just need to pick one and a head to go with it.

So far I am actually leaning towards an RBZ Tour in 10.5* but still want to go hit some others out there. As far as the shaft goes, I am sort of leaning towards the Attas Elements DK7 but it will cost me a pretty penny. My other 4 choices are Kusala White, Kusala Black, AXIV Core Red 79, and RIP Alpha 70. I plan to go hit the Titleist 910 D3 tomorrow with the RIP shaft in it. I will see how I like that combo.

Man, I can already see a staff bag with 20 different shatfs sitting in it and me switching things out just to mess around! I thought this sport was expensive before...now I want to learn how to reshaft and regrip all my own stuff. This should be fun!

BTW - Adam (Super Tuna) is flat out awesome! He has thoroughly explained everything to me and made everyhthing make sense. I truly appreciate it because I haven't found a single fitter that has even tried to help me out like this. :clapp:

Some new irons for my birthday, on the list are (in order as of today):

Cobra AMP Forged
Callaway RAZR X Muscleback
Callaway RAZR X Forged
Cleveland 588 MB & CB
Adams CMB/A12

Some new irons for my birthday, on the list are (in order as of today):

Cobra AMP Forged
Callaway RAZR X Muscleback
Callaway RAZR X Forged
Cleveland 588 MB & CB
Adams CMB/A12

Loved the two highlighted options. I wasn't much on the CMB, but I think it was more the C-Tapers being totally wrong for me, rather than the iron itself. But they are for sure a sexy looking iron. The Razr X muscleback's are the best looking iron on that list, IMO. I hit them, liked them, but was just very inconsistent with them. I ended up with the Razr X Forged, which I love and seems to be getting quite the following and good reviews here. Check the Razr X - All Lines thread. A few of the MC 2.0 staffers are playing them, including Coolbreeze, if I remember right.

Loved the two highlighted options. I wasn't much on the CMB, but I think it was more the C-Tapers being totally wrong for me, rather than the iron itself. But they are for sure a sexy looking iron. The Razr X muscleback's are the best looking iron on that list, IMO. I hit them, liked them, but was just very inconsistent with them. I ended up with the Razr X Forged, which I love and seems to be getting quite the following and good reviews here. Check the Razr X - All Lines thread. A few of the MC 2.0 staffers are playing them, including Coolbreeze, if I remember right.

I hit all of these today, along with some other ones (Titleist, Taylormade, Mizuno, you name it) and these were my top ones. I'm going back tomorrow to hit some more. The Callaway's and the AMP's are my top 3, with the AMP leading the pack. I absolutely fell in LOVE with the AMP Forged.

been talking with some fellers on the local craigslist who own some beautiful R11's (NOT R11S's) with perfect loft and shafts for me.. and on the cheap end too.. :)

I hit all of these today, along with some other ones (Titleist, Taylormade, Mizuno, you name it) and these were my top ones. I'm going back tomorrow to hit some more. The Callaway's and the AMP's are my top 3, with the AMP leading the pack. I absolutely fell in LOVE with the AMP Forged.

It was a toss up between the AMP Forged and the Razr X Forged when I made my decision (Totally opposite ends of the spectrum when you figure in the pizzazz between the two). I loved the AMP Forged, but was more consistent with the Razr X. It was really like splitting hairs between the two when I made my decision. The AMP Forged caught a few people off guard with how good they were. I will say this, I appreciate the KBS Tours in the AMP Forged, more than the PX's in the Razr X's.

It was a toss up between the AMP Forged and the Razr X Forged when I made my decision (Totally opposite ends of the spectrum when you figure in the pizzazz between the two). I loved the AMP Forged, but was more consistent with the Razr X. It was really like splitting hairs between the two when I made my decision. The AMP Forged caught a few people off guard with how good they were. I will say this, I appreciate the KBS Tours in the AMP Forged, more than the PX's in the Razr X's.

When I hit them, I instantly fell in love. there's not much else I can say. Haha.

i am pondering a Project X 6.0 Shaft for my R11, any suggestions or concerns?

Any specific reason or just because it's a PX?

I did a quick fitting and the suggestion was the Project x 6.0 for a medium trajectory and it was good for my swing speed, I'm wondering if there is anything else along those lines that may do. I'm eyeing one right now for 100 shipped with R11 adapter

Hello THP folks. First time poster and glad to have found THP.

I have been playing socially for 15 years and decided to start playing competitive golf earlier this year. I was given some golf shop vouchers and some lessons for my birthday. My current clubs are an old-ish Brosnan set that I bought second-hand from eBay. The driver is metal but it is much smaller than the new breed of drivers. It has a small face and head that is difficult to hit as well as being unforgiving. The irons are reasonable, and I had them fitted earlier this year with new grips. I struggle to hit the longer irons with distance and consistency, but have found the shorter irons to be easier to hit. I normally hit irons off the tee at my course that is short in yardage. I have been thinking of getting 3 new irons with my vouchers then building up a full set as I get the money.

I had my first lesson yesterday and the pro worked on my setup to achieve better consistency and ball flight. He suggested that instead of the irons, I should get a new driver before turning my attention to irons.

For someone who is a 95-106 stroke player, who struggles for direction and consistency and playing on a short course (there are a number of 270-300m par-4's and only one par-5) what would you recommend is my essential purchase? 3 new irons (I'm thinking Taylormade Rocketballz) or a Driver?

Looking forward to the THP wisdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back