Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking into an Adams Idea Pro a12 3h. Don't know which shaft yet. Anyone got recommendations?

Pondering a new.. well older rather(used) putter to replace old faithful. Spent all my money on Irons and a 3 hybrid. Now trying to figure out where to buy the cheapest Odyssey #1 I can find. :D

Pondering a new stand bag, although my PING is only a couple years old. I can't deal with the lack of dividers and my shafts CONSTANTLY being tangled and having to fight to get clubs in and out.

Has PING changed this in recent models? If not, I'm looking for some good stand/carry bag suggestions.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo.

Pondering a new stand bag but am limited in my choices:

Callaway Hyper Lite 4.0 bag
Callaway Razr stand bag
Callaway Warbird XTreme stand bag
Cobra GT stand bag
Puma stand up golf bag
Taylormade Pure-Lite 3 stand bag
Taylormade TMX stand bag
Wilson Staff Ionix carry bag

Anyone had much to do with any of these bags? Would love any thoughts out there.

Timjclare, highly recommend the arrowhead stand bag by eagles and birdies...:clap:

I'm waiting patiently for the 913 metals to release. Twice now I've almost gotten a 910D3. It's gonna happen as soon as the price comes down a little. I just need to NOT touch the 913s until after I own a 910 because if it gets better than the 910 I'm in trouble.

ST (or TC), since you're such a genius, can you help me out a little? I need a direct comparison tech wise of the RIP Beta and the Matrix 7M3. I know what my ball flight looks like with each, but I want to know the techy side of it. Then can you tell me the differences between the 6,7, and 8M3 shaft (black tie)? 7M3 was my favorite slightly over the 6M3. Did not like the 8M3 at all.

The 6,7, & 8 all just have to do with the weight category (60g, 70g, 80g). The profiles of each should still play similar. SOme folks just prefer to be in specific weight ranges. Obviously, from my experience, the heavier you go the lower the flight.

As to answer your first question, ie the RIP vs Matrix, I think that you'd actually see similar results on the course as far as what both shafts offer but personally, the feel and the smoothness of the Matrix is just far >>> than that of the RIP's.

Pondering a 5w or hybrid, a 45-47 Scor wedge to replace PW, and a new bag

a Diamana Blueboard X-Stiff to put in my cleveland classic...

Considering replacing all my woods with Ping i20's. Just reshafted the driver a week ago though and the two woods are both old but faithful. Maybe I'll just get a 4 hybrid and wait until next years model..

I am definitely pondering placing an order from MyCustomWedge.... I've been playing with the site nonstop since yesterday afternoon, and I could use a new wedge...

Emailed Blind9 about a Motore Speeder VC 7.1 S flex for the 910. We shall see.

Pondering a 5w or hybrid, a 45-47 Scor wedge to replace PW, and a new bag

as far as the 5 wood, I bought an R11s 5 wood last monday and it's my favorite club yet! it's long and straight and reliable.

Pondering a range finder, mostly for driving range work and dialing in distances, but man - can't bring myself to spend that kind of cash when it could be spent on upgrading some equipment or green fees!

Pondering a range finder, mostly for driving range work and dialing in distances, but man - can't bring myself to spend that kind of cash when it could be spent on upgrading some equipment or green fees!

Buy a cheap one. It doesn't have to be a Bushnell one to be useful dude. I have a Maxfli rangefinder that I got for $50. The battery life isn't great, but it works just fine.

Me too. I like the G6, but I find myself wanting to try something different.

Buy a cheap one. It doesn't have to be a Bushnell one to be useful dude. I have a Maxfli rangefinder that I got for $50. The battery life isn't great, but it works just fine.

Eh I'm always of the mindset if I'm gonna get something and use it I want it to be nice and hold up.

Eh I'm always of the mindset if I'm gonna get something and use it I want it to be nice and hold up.

Honestly, I can't see how a more expensive range finder would be better than mine except maybe battery life. Why does something have to be expensive to be good?

Honestly, I can't see how a more expensive range finder would be better than mine except maybe battery life. Why does something have to be expensive to be good?

It doesn't. I didn't say yours wasn't good. I just said I want to make sure I get something that's quality and will hold up. If its $300, then so be it. If it's $100, even better. I just want something thats worth my money. If I have to change batteries every 30 minutes, it's not going to be worth it to me.

It doesn't. I didn't say yours wasn't good. I just said I want to make sure I get something that's quality and will hold up. If its $300, then so be it. If it's $100, even better. I just want something thats worth my money. If I have to change batteries every 30 minutes, it's not going to be worth it to me.

I don't think I could play anymore without my Bushnell. I love it.

Okay. I have to change the batteries every 3-4 rounds or so. Just so you know.

Not a freaking thing am I pondering.

And it is peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back