Do you prefer to walk or ride?

I like to ride but I think I want to get back to walking. Probably gonna get a pull cart because of some back issues, but I want to get back to walking around and enjoying the course instead of just speeding from shot to shot.

I used to prefer to walk but my regular group refuses to unless absolutely necessary (Bethpage Black). Since giving in, I'm now spoiled and prefer to ride. But I do plan to get back to walking during casual rounds on my own.

I don't mind either one, but I usually walk because I am tight and don't want to fork over the extra cash, plus my rounds are usually only 9 holes and I'm there for a social game with friends.

I do enjoy that if my wife comes for the round (for company, she doesn't play), she will drive the cart... That makes me feel like I am being chauffeured.

If I am playing leasurely, I doesn't really matter, but if there is money or it a tourney, I will only walk. For me, the long approach to the ball is both soothing as well as helps me narrow my focus. Golf is a game of broadening and narrowing of focus, and a quick cart ride to a ball only to wait for a slow group ahead messes that up for me. it doesn't hurt that my clicgear 2.0 makes it really easy to walk.

I try to walk as much as possible, it's healthy and I generally play a bit better.

i prefer to walk, i feel as though i play better and make better decisions walking versus riding. Not sure why but my scores correllate to that assumption. i also think that im able to take in the course a lot more and enjoy being out there more when walking.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

scores continue to be better when I ride

I've walked all this year so far, and my handicap has gone from 6.7 to 3.8! I feel I really get in a groove walking.

I prefer to walk. I believe that Bobby Jones said "the best way to get a feel of a golf course is through the soles of ones shoes." Something like that.

I prefer to walk. I believe that Bobby Jones said "the best way to get a feel of a golf course is through the soles of ones shoes." Something like that.

This is a great quote, I've never heard this before! I'm definitely going to use this on my buddies the next time they suggest we ride!!

I prefer to walk, but when I play with other people (brothers, work friends) they are lazy and think walking is for old people.

Prefer to walk until the temps or humidity get up and then I'm a cart bum. Anything where the heat index is pushing above 90 f is my limit for pushing my clubs around!

I prefer to walk as it gives me time to mentally envision the next shot as I walk up to the ball. Plus I am fat and telling the wife I get exercise = more golf. I do think I am going to have to invest in a nice pushcart as carrying my bag does seem to make my back sorer at the end of the round.

Definitely prefer to walk. I push using my cart most of the time and carry occasionally.

I used to walk and carry 9 out of 10 rounds but I have not been able to do that lately, I would much rather walk.

I walk whenever I can; some of the nicer courses around here are all carts and no walking... of course I don't play those nicer courses all that often. I am more relaxed and much less rushed when I walk the course.

I walk whenever I can; some of the nicer courses around here are all carts and no walking... of course I don't play those nicer courses all that often. I am more relaxed and much less rushed when I walk the course.

This drives me nuts. We have a bunch of courses that are no walking until 3, and some that allow walking but not push carts. I end up riding at these courses, which are ones that I play a lot due to their location. However, I do enjoy walking. I feel like it's better for my game as I focus more for some reason.

I like to walk when I can. Gives me a chance to get over lousy shots. However, on days like today, when it's so stinkin' hot out, I choose to ride.

The only time I prefer to walk is when I tote my big arse up to the clubhouse to procure myself a golf cart. I think the last time I walked a golf course was 35 years ago. Not kidding at all.

Still like to walk. The other day my g/f went with me and used our gps fitness tracker that we use when we walk at night and it said we walked 5 and half miles in 3 hours and 20 minutes for my 18. Thats great exercise right there.

I love to walk, but since I play with my Dad so much, we always ride. I feel that walking keeps me on a good, steady pace. I get in a rush when I ride.

I prefer walking, but I know that I'll most likely ride if I play with my father, or in an organized event. I like getting out and walking the course and feel like I'm getting a little exercise.

Why rush it?

I always walk. I've rode a few times and I never played well. I blame it on the fact that riding makes me feel like I'm rushing. During golf I prefer to take my time and enjoy the moment and the peace.

I love to walk, however, its 99 Heat Index in Mobile now and I'm 56. I could do it in my 30s but not any longer.

I actually prefer walking, and I usually do walk when I play by myself, but it really depends on who I play with. Most folks seem to want to ride, and if they do, I'll ride with them. I don't carry when I walk though. I use a Sun Mountain V1 push cart. Two shoulder surgeries and recurring back spasms keep me from wanting to carry any more.

I seem to have better scores when I walk, and I can actually finish 18 faster walking than riding if there's not a lot of traffic in front of me.

Back