Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, some guy looked at the Duke headcover in my bag one day and asked me whether I played on their team. I told him "Have you see how I hit the ball?"

LOL dude he probably saw your sweet swing too. You do have a nice swing my friend.

Fact: I had Parking Lot Pro under my name for a couple months lol. If the shoe fits I figure!

It always made me chuckle. LOL.

Hi Yoccos. Quit screening my calls!

I need somebody to complain to about the whole being terrible at golf thing.

he does that to me too Hawk. It's like he doesn't even care

I need somebody to complain to about the whole being terrible at golf thing.

I feel terrible about it! I have a team at ork and cant take calls like I used too. Hawk can I call you after work? Dean I love you and i'll call you after the range. nice and late!

Did Marcs just say he has a team of orks?

Any time buddy.

As for pondering, I'm trying to think of a way to get my staff bag to MB. Do you guys have travel bags that fit the staffers last year?

Any time buddy.

As for pondering, I'm trying to think of a way to get my staff bag to MB. Do you guys have travel bags that fit the staffers last year?

My TaylorMade bag does fit a staff bag. I believe most of the OEMs have one that fit a staff bag and I can also tell you that Sun Mountain has a roller staff bag that fits a staff bag as well, because Kris Tamulis uses it with her staff bag.

Any time buddy.

Last year our bags were at THP when we arrived, so I just had GG ship it back to my house when I left. That way I didn't need worry about it.
I did take my staffer with me to the outing and it fit in my travel bag. Little snug, but it fit.

Now pondering this carry bag, for obvious reasons:

i-duke.jpg

I have a sweet Alabama cart bag, but I retired it so that I wouldn't get my tires slashed here in SE Tennessee.

Thanks guys. I had a hard time getting in my Bag Boy, but I might try one more time before giving up. I don't know if it's worth buying another or if I should just ship it. Once again, going cheap bites me in the butt. Should have spent a few more bucks on my travel bag.

I have a sweet Alabama cart bag, but I retired it so that I wouldn't get my tires slashed here in SE Tennessee.

I wouldn't use it around War Eagle either

Did Marcs just say he has a team of orks?

LOL I probably did. I even got a new keyboard and I'm not a worse type like person.

Any time buddy.

See above HAHAHA. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll probably just grab a new travel bag.

Ok So I'm pondering a used set of Tour preferred Irons with project X 5.5 shafts, I really like the Project x 5.5, but It cost's just as much for me to get this used set of irons than to get my current irons re shafted, these are the TP irons from 09 I think. Any Concerns or experience with these?

$(KGrHqV,!p0E-vF(Fmt0BPy6ueK5Sw~~60_58.JPG

I'm in the same boat as you buddy....looks like I may need to get a bigger travel bag now as my Bag Boy looks like I tried to put 40lbs of crap into a 30lb bag when the staff bag gets in there.

Thanks guys. I had a hard time getting in my Bag Boy, but I might try one more time before giving up. I don't know if it's worth buying another or if I should just ship it. Once again, going cheap bites me in the butt. Should have spent a few more bucks on my travel bag.

Ok So I'm pondering a used set of Tour preferred Irons with project X 5.5 shafts, I really like the Project x 5.5, but It cost's just as much for me to get this used set of irons than to get my current irons re shafted, these are the TP irons from 09 I think. Any Concerns or experience with these?

$(KGrHqV,!p0E-vF(Fmt0BPy6ueK5Sw~~60_58.JPG

My dad plays those some of the time, but with Dynamic Gold shafts. He's a lefty, so I've never swung them but they seem like really solid sticks.

So my custom order of Nike Pro Cavities got cancelled because Nike is out of heads (they could have just changed shafts in what I returned!). Now I don't know what I want. I am hitting the ball well, but think that the KBS Tour is no longer a good fit for me. I need something a little lower launching (DG or PXi maybe).

I was getting such a sweet deal on the Nike's that it's making it really hard to ponder anything else, but it is what it is.

Currently playing AP2's. Looking for something with a hair more forgiveness. Don't want any crazy jacked up lofts.

I am a lost ponderer at the moment....

My dad plays those some of the time, but with Dynamic Gold shafts. He's a lefty, so I've never swung them but they seem like really solid sticks.

Awesome, I really like my burners and I want to get them re shafted but at the price it will cost to res shaft my 5-pw. I could get away with buying these and having the lie adjusted since the shafts are ideal for me. I just feel bad forsaking my burner irons, I may just look for a set of KBS or Project X pull outs and see if that's cheaper first.

Awesome, I really like my burners and I want to get them re shafted but at the price it will cost to res shaft my 5-pw. I could get away with buying these and having the lie adjusted since the shafts are ideal for me. I just feel bad forsaking my burner irons, I may just look for a set of KBS or Project X pull outs and see if that's cheaper first.

Right on. Center of gravity is probably a bit lower on the Tours and the lofts are weaker. Something to keep in mind.

Right on. Center of gravity is probably a bit lower on the Tours and the lofts are weaker. Something to keep in mind.

I said lower....I meant higher. Oops. Trajectory would be lower is what I meant....

So I demo'd 3 irons today in my search for new goodies. Nike VR_S forged, Mizuno 800 Pro, Mizuno 59s.
59's: eh nice club but launched super high for me and its a wash on forgiveness vs what I already have. Wasn't that impressive.
VR_S forged: possibly the best looking iron up close I have ever seen. Very forgiving but boy the head on that thing is huge, and a little much on the offset. I hit it pretty well though. Not enough to warrant the price tag.
800-Pros: I hit this iron before and hated it, but I recently realized its PX shafts that I hate with a passion, so I gave this one a 2nd go today in a KBS shaft. Much better. It will stick around in my thought process, little on the chunky side but with the smaller offset I enjoyed this one. I want to try it in a DG shaft though as I think it will continue to be my shaft of choice. Unless I get crazy and decide to hard step a KBS to lower the flight.

SO Kudo's to Mizuno, you finally made a club other than the MX-300 that I'd consider playing.

SO Kudo's to Mizuno, you finally made a club other than the MX-300 that I'd consider playing.

That's probably because the JPX 800 Pro's are so much like MX-300's that it's ridiculous. I wouldn't call them re badged MX-300's, but they're darn close.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

So my custom order of Nike Pro Cavities got cancelled because Nike is out of heads (they could have just changed shafts in what I returned!). Now I don't know what I want. I am hitting the ball well, but think that the KBS Tour is no longer a good fit for me. I need something a little lower launching (DG or PXi maybe).

I was getting such a sweet deal on the Nike's that it's making it really hard to ponder anything else, but it is what it is.

Currently playing AP2's. Looking for something with a hair more forgiveness. Don't want any crazy jacked up lofts.

I am a lost ponderer at the moment....

i20's dude. Seriously. They'll set up similar to your AP2's (minus the obnoxious glare of course) and I can assure you that they are forgiving enough. Maybe 1* stronger throughout the set, which isn't obnoxious.

i20's dude. Seriously. They'll set up similar to your AP2's (minus the obnoxious glare of course) and I can assure you that they are forgiving enough. Maybe 1* stronger throughout the set, which isn't obnoxious.

Yes. Yes. YES!

Seriously, even if you don't care for PING like alot of guys out there don't, you need to at least hit them. I think you might be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back