Greetings from Arkansas

Thanks, All4's. Right now, I'm really soaking up Jimmy Ballard and similar philosophy. It just makes so much sense to me and I'm trying to simplify things after too much tinkering and overthinking led to a horrible season last year. I've watched everything I can find on YouTube, have Ballard and Rocco's Golf Channel Academy episode from December locked onto the DVR and I miraculously found Ballard's first book on connection (which is out of print) used on Amazon for $15. Haven't gotten to the range yet since I've read it (the weather's been lousy), but I've done a lot of swinging and drill work, trying to ingrain some feels. I really need to get some consistency off the tee and with my longer clubs to get them closer to my short game, which is my strength.

Awesome. Glad you found a teacher whose stuff "clicks" for you. The guy I really like is Brian Manzella. He actually openly states how much Jimmy Ballard influenced his teachings and cites Ballard as his favorite teacher of the past. He just kind of took what Ballard teaches and refined it a little based on some of the newer thoughts on kinesiology and the ball flight rule changes that have come about from Trackman and Flightscope. He is also TGM in that he doesn't teach one type of swing, but instead believes in the approach of using "patterns" to find what best fits someones natural swing inclination.

BTW-nice avatar!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Golf is a crazy game. Once you get that long game ironed out your putter will suddenly disappear.

Thanks for optimism there, Griff :) Nah, you're absolutely right. I play with buddies who kill me off the tee, but can't cash in close. There's always something to work on, right?

Thanks for the background info on Manzella. I will definitely dig into his stuff. Yeah, Ballard does click for me, and I enjoy finding out of about younger teachers who were inspired by him. Excellent point about Manzella refining things to reflect improved science and technology. He sounds really progressive and I like the idea of working with a golfer to find his or her natural swing. Appreciate the heads-up. :)

And thanks on the avatar. I love me some Greased-Up Deaf Guy. I'll be rotating avatars periodically just for fun and because I've got so many good ones. Some of them are even clean.

Where in Arkansas? I'm a former Arkansan myself.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome Eric!

Nice to meet you!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP Eric.

Welcome to THP.

welcome Eric

Back