Cleveland CG Black Driver Forum Testing Review Thread

Off the top of my head I think D1. Lemme check.

--
Tapatalk2

I lied, it is D2 across the board.

--
Tapatalk2

I lied, it is D2 across the board.

--
Tapatalk2
Thanks, SW. I skimmed the swingweight part and just read weight.

Thanks, SW. I skimmed the swingweight part and just read weight.

Lol, it happens to the best.

What head were you thinking about pairing the shaft with?

--
Tapatalk2

Lol, it happens to the best.

What head were you thinking about pairing the shaft with?

--
Tapatalk2
Oh, I have absolutely no idea. It was just one of those things that has me thinking.

Not that I really care what it is I was just curious is all. I just swing them and hope for the best regardless of what the swing weight is.

Oh, I have absolutely no idea. It was just one of those things that has me thinking.

We've talked about it before but part of me wonders if it isn't case of the head just being that good. Your Superfast is pretty light, granted not this light but similar but the draw bias of the head in the black helps bring it in more square.

--
Tapatalk2

We've talked about it before but part of me wonders if it isn't case of the head just being that good. Your Superfast is pretty light, granted not this light but similar but the draw bias of the head in the black helps bring it in more square.

--
Tapatalk2
That could very well be a lot of it, SW. The Superfast is quite light, but I can put a move on that driver so far right it isnt funny. Even when I do miss with the Black, it usually isnt as bad as what I see with other drivers.

I need to stop reading this thread. Again.

I need to stop reading this thread. Again.
You really dont. If you could have seen me play my Superfast, then see me put the Black in to play, you would have already purchased one.

You really dont. If you could have seen me play my Superfast, then see me put the Black in to play, you would have already purchased one.

haha I need to send a PM.

LOL at nervous Danny in this video. No clue what was in my head when we made this, I claim it was heat related.

YouTube has been chopping my videos off a little early lately, sorry about that.

Hey Danny. At the outing I saw you pounding the i20 driver. I know you liked what you were seeing out of it. Do you think the setup of your CG Black Tour with Kusala black shaft is comparable to what you were seeing from the i20?

Hey Danny. At the outing I saw you pounding the i20 driver. I know you liked what you were seeing out of it. Do you think the setup of your CG Black Tour with Kusala black shaft is comparable to what you were seeing from the i20?

That's a tough question dean. I they are somewhat comparable but not something that I would tell someone "hey if you like this driver, try that driver." I think there is a little to much that separates the two for that. The i20 was a good driver for me but on the other hand the Black is another animal. With the added forgiveness across the face I find I'm much more consistent with the Black vs what I was with the i20. Now granted one is a lower spinning head and the other is not exactly that so I have a hard time comparing the two in those terms. Where it counts however, on the course, I can assuredly say I prefer the Black.

That's not sponsor talk, I could game the i20 and be perfectly happy but I absolutely believe the Black is the best driver I've ever swung. Changing over to this new combo with the Kusala Black shaft has reconfirmed that thought. There were a few times yesterday on mid range par 4's that I had partial wedges into the green, in the 80 yard range, something I'm not used to. And the drive in the video above, it was off the heel, speaks to the lateral forgiveness of the Black.

*I love my Classic*

That being said, based on the wicked results I am seeing and confidence I have in my Black 3wood, there's a part of me that wishes I would've gone with this Driver/Kusala Black combo. Mostly b/c it would look better than any driver on the market and I believe that the Black line from Cleveland this year is out of this world. That Black 3wood absolutely puts the FL to shame for me. And that was a good 3wood.

*I love my Classic*

That being said, based on the wicked results I am seeing and confidence I have in my Black 3wood, there's a part of me that wishes I would've gone with this Driver/Kusala Black combo. Mostly b/c it would look better than any driver on the market and I believe that the Black line from Cleveland this year is out of this world. That Black 3wood absolutely puts the FL to shame for me. And that was a good 3wood.

LOL @ the *

How legit is that 3 wood though! Granted there is a thread for it, I can never find the darn thing to update. We had like 250 in on a par 5 yesterday and I pulled 3W, a little to far for that club and biggsy looked at me and asked what is that going to do for you? My reply, I love hitting it.

LOL @ the *

How legit is that 3 wood though! Granted there is a thread for it, I can never find the darn thing to update. We had like 250 in on a par 5 yesterday and I pulled 3W, a little to far for that club and biggsy looked at me and asked what is that going to do for you? My reply, I love hitting it.

The 3wood is amazing for me so it makes me think that the driver head + Kusala Black would be pretty special.

I still have yet to hit my Black 3wood off the turf dude. I have an F5 for that.

The 3wood is amazing for me so it makes me think that the driver head + Kusala Black would be pretty special.

I still have yet to hit my Black 3wood off the turf dude. I have an F5 for that.

I don't need to read crap like this!

I love my TF3 off the tee, I do, I do!

Now I'm curious dangit!!!

*I love my Classic*

I would be interested to see what kind of results you saw with the Black/Kusala Black combo. The stock setup works so well for me, I am not really tempted in trying out other combos, but I have to say that I am quite intrigued by the opportunity to hit SWs driver here in a few weeks.

*I love my Classic*

This is crazy talk. Now I NEED to hit this club. The FL is my favorite 3 wood ever. Adding it to my request list for the Iowa Outing now.

Get it done.

It's in motion. Some very interesting Cleveland Black talk going on in here. I still think they could have sold the crap out of the Black driver with a better price point and target demo.

It's in motion. Some very interesting Cleveland Black talk going on in here. I still think they could have sold the crap out of the Black driver with a better price point and target demo.

I reckon I agree with you. It is a bit steep. Imagine buying one with a Kusala Black in it? It would be like a $600 driver, LOL

Price point was too steep, I think it made people that could have really benefited from it look at other drivers, just because of the price. Drop it down to $299, I think people try it out and it sells like crazy. However, it does come stock with a sweet shaft, rather than a made for or other crap stock shaft.

I reckon I agree with you. It is a bit steep. Imagine buying one with a Kusala Black in it? It would be like a $600 driver, LOL

Haha and that is exactly what I'm talking about. You love that Black 3W huh?

Back