UGA Fan Responds to UGA Players being Stupid

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
A very interesting article found here: http://www.statefansnation.com/inde...ponse-to-uga-football-player-arrestmust-read/

In case you missed it, a University of Georgia running back(ranked #1 at his position in his recruiting class) was arrested and dismissed from the team this week.
According to a police report issued Friday, the serial number on a 9-millimeter Luger found under the driver’s seat had been scratched off completely, but Crowell denied knowing a gun was there, saying other people drive his car.
Police said the altered ID-mark charge stems from the tampered serial number.
Crowell could face a fine of up to $10,000 and a jail sentence between two and 10 years if found guilty of weapons possession on school property, while a guilty verdict for criminal use of an article with an altered ID mark carries a sentence between one and five years.
Crowell also said teammates Blake Tibbs, Quintavius Harrow, Josh Harvey-Clemons and Sheldon Dawson, who were passengers in the car, had just left a club called Aftermath, according to the police report.
Apparently, this hasn’t been Crowell’s only issues while at UGA. The arrest and dismissal prompted one of Crowell’s teammates, Cornelius Washington, to respond on Facebook to upset UGA fans:
“‘all (of you) think you know so much, but in reality you know
nothing. You don’t know what we come from, you don’t know our struggles, all you
know is the number on our jersies. 99% of you don’t give a crap about us
outside of football. When we’re doing well you’re all in our faces, when things
get tough and we need encouragement you’re nowhere to be found. You’re
fake and I despise you for it. We shall band together guys, we’ve been
working hard and we only need each other. NONE of those outsiders will contribute
to our survival as a team or as individuals, you can guarantee that.
#stickclosetoeachother ~corn washington”
This prompted this amazing response from a UGA fan named Bobby:
OK Mr. Corn, I’ll bite, what oppressive circumstance that none of us can possibly understand are you referencing? Are you suggestingthat none of us come from families that struggled to make ends meet? Maybe none of us were raised by a single parent? Perhaps some of us didn’t eat grilled cheese sandwiches, cheap hot dogs (with no bun), ramen noodles, or fishsticks for dinner AS A TREAT because we came from an era of economic recession that makes today’s seem tame?
Let me tell you something you shortsighted little moron, poor when I was a kid meant something entirely different than it does now.. and we had it good compared to our parents and grandparents who survived on hope, sunshine, and tap water…
When I was a kid, I didn’t have a video game system, the TV in the LIVING ROOM was 19 inches of black & white goodness and it got 4 channels; two of them without adjusting the rabbit ears every few minutes, and one of those channels was PBS – so Sesame Street & Mr. Rogers all freaking day. This TV was shared by 4 people, you dig?
Hell, I woke up everyday wondering if Russia was going to nuke our asses for no apparent reason or if I might spontaneously explode if I didn’t wear a condom during sex…
I grew up listening to Georgia football on the radio – A.M. RADIO! We were lucky if 4 games were televised a year. I never missed a second of ANY game. I would sit in a 120 degree car until the final whistle if need be.
We had one telephone, with a cord and it was a rotary that I had to ask permission to use. I ate in a restaurant 4 or 5 times a year and wore clothes til they either fell off or I outgrew them. We had 2 window units in our house and I didn’t own a car until I was a senior in high school – guess who bought it and insured it?
Crime was high and if we wanted to go somewhere during the day, we walked – often many, many miles. When I started looking for a job, it took 47 applications before I finally got one – at McDonalds, making $3.35/hour. I attended ****** Georgia Public schools that were UN-air- conditioned (you may find it hard to believe, but it actually used to get hot back in the 70s and 80s… who knew?)
I played high school football in the era where coaches only let us drink water once per practice, before there were limitations on when we could start practicing each year, so we practiced all summer if we wanted to start. My helmet had straps inside, not pads – and spearing, clothesline tackles, horse collar tackles, head slaps, and taking cheap shots @ wide recievers & quarterbacks was not only legal, but expected…
I’ve never run a 4.4, never benched 500 lbs and never been visited by a college coach. I paid my own way to college and worked at Pizza Hut wearing brown polyester for 40 hours a week while attending a full load of classes.
My family is full of nuts, my neighborhood kind of sucked, and so did my my prospects. I would have killed to have worn the red & black, just to run onto the field and stand on the ******** SIDELINE – ONCE.
When I screwed up and got a DUI, no one came to bail me out, I went to court alone, paid my fine, did my community service and dealt with it. It sucked, but I figured I learned that was probably something I
shouldn’t do again… So that I could afford my DUI fine, I went without electricity and
and gas for a summer, which meant the only 2 things that worked in my house were the
door lock and the toilet… I ate white bread and canned mushrooms for many weeks in a row because that’s what the gas station on the corner had.. When I was feeling fancy, I’d buy eggs or
*gasp* Chef Boyardee Ravioli…
So now, here we are.. one of your poor downtrodden teammates has suffered unjustly from some heretofor unknown boogey man that clearly has stacked the deck against him.
Nevermind that 3/4s of the state would have loaned him their car and put him up for the night after he decided to stay in state and play for dear old UGA. Nevermind that 65% of the state forgave him the 1st
4 or 5 times he failed a drug test, acted like a petulant little ***** about school or classwork, came out of every game that an opponent busted him in his little ***** assed mouth, and generally acted like a little dreadlocked flower with all of the toughness of a three legged kitten, possessing the
smarts of a window licking retard with water on the brain…
So now he’s taken to driving around with the next generation of UGA players with a gun that apparently
isn’t his and lo & behold, the serial number has been removed ( a Federal Offense that carries a penalty of 2-10 year in the joint).
But it’s clearly not his fault, I mean.. how could it be, he’s been a model citizen since he left Columbus and arrived on the big stage. Every gesture, every nuance would lead the dispassionate bystander to the opinion that this just COULDN’T POSSIBLY be IC1′s gun!
What the **** is the matter with you morons?
I was around when Frank Ros and the boys stole a pig before the 1980 season.. I was aware of the entire defense getting suspended before playing Miami of Ohio in the Tangerine Bowl ( a game I watched on that black & white TV – we lost as a result in spite of being heavily favored), hell I even vaaaguely remember some of the expoilts of Jake Scott…
Every one of those guys was punished in some way that made them want to die & then they contritely returned to the team, better men for it. (Well, except for Scott who told Dooley to **** off and went to play in Canada before becoming a Super Bowl MVP eventually.. but he didn’t whine like a freaking ***** that nobody understood **sniff**, *******, and besides, I’m pretty sure Jake Scott could kill any one of you just by yelling)
How did your boy IC1 fare after his 6 or 7 chances?
Your little boy brains need to catch up to your full grown man bodies before you find yourselves hanging off the back of a trash collection truck IF YOU’RE LUCKY!
You’re blessed with health, superior athletic ability, and keen minds.. every advantage possible. Free school, a huge support system, the adulation of fans everywhere.. and somehow, we just don’t understand?
Understand what, that you’re a freaking moron? That some of you waste these gifts and then whine like a ***** because instead of giving you a 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th chance we dare wonder what’n the hell is the matter with you?
I suppose instead I should EXPECT YOU TO FAIL? Then I would understand, right?
Are you idiots eating lead paint sandwiches between all the bong hits
you’re apparently doing?
Be a freaking man and own up to your situation. It’s not everyone
else’s fault, the quicker that takes root in your addled brain the better.
Take the gifts that are given you – the OBVIOUS advantages the wheel of fortune has allowed you to enjoy and make something out of yourself.. or disappear into oblivion (preferably quietly, lest we think you are an even bigger idiot than you have led us to believe already)
I hope your dad is en route to Athens to kick you in the ***
(because I doubt our candy-assed coach will), you need it…
Your Pal,
Bobby

That was a freakin riot. About time someone let these guys know how spoiled they are

Yea read that over on the vent last week I think, I understand both sides, but I think his point would have been taken a little more seriously if he kept the profanity down and just laid out all those experiences.

Wow! That just kind of says it all doesn't it?

Yea read that over on the vent last week I think, I understand both sides, but I think he point would have been taken a little more seriously if he kept the profanity down and just made his point.

I hate that it was a UGA fan/player, but I side with the fan on this one. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do think he makes a valid point.

That is an amazing response. Kudos to Bobby for putting it all on the line and telling it like it is.

I hate that it was a UGA fan/player, but I side with the fan on this one. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do think he makes a valid point.

I agree with most of what he said, but I also see some undeserving attacks on players and coaches from so called fans. So I usually try to see both sides of an issue

Not sure I would say Bobby is putting it on the line, If he can say the same things face to face with Washington then I would respect him, and say he was putting it on the line. Just typing a post, on a public forum, is not really gaining much.

Social media, and media plus society in general has built up sports figures to the point that they can do no wrong, that is as long as they are winning.

We teach the players to band together, support each other, and defend each other, and then when they do albeit in a manner I don’t think was the smartest choice we rip him a new one.

I will continue to live in my glass house, and leave the stones at my feet where they belong.

Last edited:
They should post that in every BCS locker room. So players are reminded of where they are, and who they are playing in front of. Both the good and bad.

They should post it in every college athletics locker room in the nation...

This guy is my new hero. Holy crap, that was amazing.

Yea read that over on the vent last week I think, I understand both sides, but I think his point would have been taken a little more seriously if he kept the profanity down and just laid out all those experiences.

You go by golfdawg over there too? You can probably guess that I use the same handle in both places. I was on the old pluto.centurion DawgVent.

You go by golfdawg over there too? You can probably guess that I use the same handle in both places. I was on the old pluto.centurion DawgVent.

Hahaha I should have, I was not too inventive the day I signed up over on rivals, kincaid82 is my handle there, golfdawg here, and wrx, and gundawg on sigforum, and Waltherforums.

I agree with most of what he said, but I also see some undeserving attacks on players and coaches from so called fans. So I usually try to see both sides of an issue

Not sure I would say Bobby is putting it on the line, If he can say the same things face to face with Washington then I would respect him, and say he was putting it on the line. Just typing a post, on a public forum, is not really gaining much.

Social media, and media plus society in general has built up sports figures to the point that they can do no wrong, that is as long as they are winning.

We teach the players to band together, support each other, and defend each other, and then when they do albeit in a manner I don’t think was the smartest choice we rip him a new one.

I will continue to live in my glass house, and leave the stones at my feet where they belong.

Yeah. I see what you are saying. I don't like to throw stones either even though I did post this thread haha.

I hope IC's departure does not hinder us this season. Although we will not have to worry about him getting hurt lol. Also Mark Richt is awesome! UGA is lucky to have him.

They should post it in every college athletics locker room in the nation...

To Hell with college only, it should go in every locker room. Period. That was perfection and Bobby needs a beer.

I think if we did not sign the NC boys Marshall and Gurley then we would be in a world of hurt. But both those young men seem to do things the right way, and from what people are saying they will figure in heavily this season and determine how successful we are.

They can both run, Marshal is 210 and has big time speed, Gurley I think will come in about 215 and gain another 10 and runs like a Peterson, he is sneaky fast, runs a little up right but keeps his balance when contact happens. Check out Gurley’s Shrine bowl highlights, think it’s a few places on YouTube. Something like 200+ yard and 4+ TD’s, he also made the largest jump in rankings the end of the year. Malcome will start, and I think do well by us, but not sure he has the skill set that Marshall and Gurley will develop into.

OL is the key, they are young but we have more bodies than we have had in about 8 years. Thues and Gates at Tackle, Andrews is the big question mark at center.

Im kind of shocked at the defense of this. Since when does one have to agree to say something to one's face to have a valid point? I wouldnt say Jose Canseco is an arse clown to his overly steroided face, but I sure as heck think it.

This goes back to the point I have made time and time again with sports fans. The amazing amount of tolerance they have for their own team's acts, is only surpassed by their quick trigger and lack of tolerance for the disgusting acts of their rivals.

Im kind of shocked at the defense of this. Since when does one have to agree to say something to one's face to have a valid point? I wouldnt say Jose Canseco is an arse clown to his overly steroided face, but I sure as heck think it.

This goes back to the point I have made time and time again with sports fans. The amazing amount of tolerance they have for their own team's acts, is only surpassed by their quick trigger and lack of tolerance for the disgusting acts of their rivals.

Yep. If this was Oregon or USC I would love to hear people's responses.

What is amazing about this article is that he is banging on his own team's players.

JB guess I fall in the middle then, IC has been on thin ice since last season, on Friday morning when I found out he was stopped on campus with a gun concealed in his car, and add to that the serial numbers were filled off, then I was first to say he should be gone before the sun sets.

I stated Bobby had a valid point, and i agreed with him, but i would not call it "laying it on the line" there was nothing at risk.

I have no tolerance for any overt acts such as this be it my team, my friends or my family.

More to the story is it was not Isaiah’s gun, but a friend’s who bought it for 40 bucks and he was holding it for him, it was stolen and IC knew this. So the blame rest squarely on his shoulders, not matter what and he deserved to face the punishment he did.

I thought that was wonderful and a well written response. He's not sitting in a glass house. Seems the fan was very transparent. I loved it. Worst part is, that player probably doesn't get it.

Without question.

I believe you missed my point.

I did miss you point and I agree with you. What amazed me about this is that a UGA fan was reacting to a UGA player which is something you don't see all too often. So I guess this just reinforces your point and I see your point now.

This isn't just a problem for athletes, it's an entire generation of children. It takes two very different forms, but the end result is the same. #1 Helicopter parents telling their kid that they are special, always right, and deserve a certain kind of treatment. #2 Kids (and professional athletes as a whole) who feel that because they are good/special at certain things they are immune from following the rules.

I teach at a medical school and a pharmacy school. My students all have a BS degree and are working towards their MD or PharmD doctorates. They are 22-30 years old. Last year I had a kid who was dangerously close to failing a rotation at my hospital. I had a chat with him and told him exactly where he stood and what he needed to do to fix it.

The next day there is a voice mail from his Mommy accusing me of having it out for her son, that I wasn't giving him a fair shake, and that I should be ashamed because my expectations for him were "too high". Never mind that he was 4 months from becoming Dr. Whiny-pants, and his job involves the safety of others... here is a man who is 26 years old who's MOM is calling to complain about his grade in a DOCTORATE program.

The root of all the probems here is entitlement. Hopefully the players in question realize the world owes them nothing... otherwise I think they are in for a long haul of bad life events.

RxGus could not have said it better, and it's unfortunate that the story you shared was a not a surprise.

RxGus could not have said it better, and it's unfortunate that the story you shared was a not a surprise.

Pretty good for an Ohio State fan eh? haha.

Gus is one of my best friends on here. As a matter of fact, I am in his wedding in a few weeks.

Back