New Guy from Western Colorado

Welcome aboard Eric...glad to have you

Welcome Eric, great place THP is!

Welcome Eric!

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

I was able to find a set of Taylormade Burner irons on craigslist for $200. I will see if he will go down a bit but hopefully I will get those.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Welcome from the Eastern Slope. My Bro in Law went to Golfsmith and had a set put together after being fitted, it's their store brand and he loves them, ran about the same price as clones

Welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Glad to know golf made it's way back into your life. It's an amazing sport for sure. Welcome from right down I80 in Nebraska.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hey all. Eric here from Grand Junction, CO.

I recently had to pick up golf again as my job description is changing. I used to play quite a bit but gave it up for about 9 years because I could never bust 120 :banghead: and everybody I golfed with was annoying. :bicker:

We recently had a 4 man scramble tournament that my work sponsors and I decided to play in it. I kind of thought golf was like swimming or riding a bike. Was I wrong. I was happy that I made contact with the ball everytime but that was about all that I could muster on the day. I'm glad my team was counting on me to carry them.

So, I remembered how much fun golf was and I want to go ahead and start playing again and I am a forum junkie, so here I am now.

Anyways, I am trying to find me a new set of clubs and I kind of have my heart set on those Adams Idea Tech V3 all hybrid set. This whole SGI thing is great. What I do want to know though is has anybody ever tried knock off clubs? I don't necessarily mean counterfeit clubs but just plain ol' knock-offs/clones.

I found a site that sells clones which sounds pretty good. ( I can't post the link because it's my first post but it is theaceofclubs dot com )The clubs are virtually the same, just a different brand. Don't know though if they are worth it in the long run. I would like to be cost concious but at the same time, I don't want to sell myself short either. Bang for the buck is what I am looking for and if I can get a set of $500 irons for $200 or less, that's bang for the buck. Just concerned about quality and hoping somebody here has tried something like these out.

Any opinions would be great.
Welcome to the forum, Eric. Glad you found this wonderful site.

I'm not a fan of clones. A buddy of mine always went that route and his clubs always failed and he ended up disappointed and frustrated. With an OEM product, manufacturers stand behind them. Clones, those guys are nowhere to be found when you have a problem.

You can always go the used the route if you have budget concerns. You can find deals on eBay (just watch out for counterfeits and you can do so by doing your homework) or even Craigslist you can find some gems.

Best thing to do would be to save up for what you want. You know it's going to be perfect and the satisfaction of working to get them is euphoric.

Again, glad you found us and welcome to the site!

Love my time in CO, welcome to THP

welcome to THP

Welcome aboard Eric, as others mentioned- I would stay away from clones.

haha, golf definitely requires a lot of practice and repetition to play well. Welcome to THP, dude!

:welcome:

Back