The Jerry Sandusky Trial

Now I am even more confused. Your post was commented on, and now based on this I guess it shouldn't have been. Because it appears (and only how I am reading it possibly), that because you wrote "Im conflicted as to how I feel", that nobody is allowed to disagree. People disagree with other's feelings all the time. It is what makes debate, conversation and other things about this forum so incredible. People can disagree, and then get together at Tour Van Events, annual Outings, the Morgan Cup and so much more.

But if one is posting and does not want to have anybody respond or disagree with their thoughts, then I would personally suggest possibly adding that.
I guess I'm just not used to having people disagree with my thoughts when the entire point of my statement was that I'm not even sure what my thoughts are.

I guess I'm just not used to having people disagree with my thoughts when the entire point of my statement was that I'm not even sure what my thoughts are.

Not much thinking needed in this situation. If you knew an organization that was covering for a man who was raping young kids for over a decade, what is the first thought that comes to mind? That is the correct thought.

Take out the college name, take out the coach name and take out everyone's name. Just look at the facts and the actions that occurred. This is a horrendous act /coverup and everyone involved in this should all rot in hell. Can you imagine allowing young kids to be RAPED??? I'd rather shoot myself in the head - literally - because I couldn't live with myself.

Death penalty...that is all I have to say for PSU. The rest of my thoughts should be obvious in regards to how disgusting this is.

I kinda there as well... Death penalty for abusers of children, women, the elderly and animals.

Honestly, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If I had agreed with your post, would something had been said to the contrary and pleading 'I don't know what my thoughts are' been done? Doubt it. I chose to focus on the part of your post that I disagreed with the most. You can choose what to think and what to believe and I respect that but to make a post like that which ended like it did and not expect people to comment on it is shortsighted at best.

I kinda there as well... Death penalty for abusers of children, women, the elderly and animals.

Haha I meant for the football program (it's a term meaning that you are striped of the right to have one go forward), but honestly I'm with you on what you said as well.

Society is crazy enough nowadays, there's no room for sick people like that.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Haha I meant for the football program (it's a term meaning that you are striped of the right to have one go forward), but honestly I'm with you on what you said as well.

Society is crazy enough nowadays, there's no room for sick people like that.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Ah... Well, football is in my "rarely watched" column, however, my feelings about abusers are kind of in line with old time Texas justice. Convict 'em and put 'em down the next day.

Christine Brennan wrote a column on that same idea in USA Today today.....I don't think that's going to happen though I appreciate her enthusiasm

Death penalty...that is all I have to say for PSU. The rest of my thoughts should be obvious in regards to how disgusting this is.

100% Agree, as my dad says, it's time to thin out the herd.

Way too many people in very high profile positions at PSU were involved in this cover-up, and before somebody gets all upset here I am going to say that knowing there was even the "possibility" of this happening and doing nothing in my opinion is covering it up.

I think PSU should be given a total NCAA "death penalty", across all sports....I mean the AD is involved...the person in charge of the entire sports department...so why not kill the whole sports department?

I know it won't happen...but it should!

Although, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go play for PSU anytime soon.

I think PSU should be given a total NCAA "death penalty", across all sports....I mean the AD is involved...the person in charge of the entire sports department...so why not kill the whole sports department?

I know it won't happen...but it should!

Although, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go play for PSU anytime soon.

Liquidate the staff, but don't punish the student body.

Joe Paterno is shoveling goal into the fires of hell and asking the devil why all those football games he won could not have gotten him off the hook.

The other criminals in the cover up will will be joining Joe eventually.

Sad....

Sorry, but the program needs to go away at least for a couple of years

When the NCAA bans schools from TV and bowl games and strips scholarships that punishes the student body, and that's just for NCAA violations.....we are talking about criminal actions...the NCAA HAS to do something

I don't get the death penalty talk. Clean house og anyone remotely tied to these allegations, but what does punishing the swim program solve?

Tapin for bird

Other schools will snap up the players. It was to protect the sports program that this was allowed to continue, the program needs to be killed to teach this school and others what happens when you blatantly allow crimes to be commited under your nose, in your locker rooms, by your staff and try to cover it up.

Sorry, but the program needs to go away at least for a couple of years

When the NCAA bans schools from TV and bowl games and strips scholarships that punishes the student body, and that's just for NCAA violations.....we are talking about criminal actions...the NCAA HAS to do something

Key words being NCAA violations... These heinous acts were criminal violations, not NCAA violations . I don't think the NCAA should have any jurisdiction over this.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I don't get the death penalty talk. Clean house og anyone remotely tied to these allegations, but what does punishing the swim program solve?

Tapin for bird

It prevents the University from making money on college sports. Just my opinion

Key words being NCAA violations... These heinous acts were criminal violations, not NCAA violations . I don't think the NCAA should have any jurisdiction over this.

But, the criminal actions were done to protect the NCAA sanctioned sports programs, by coaches and AD's in said program...that's why I think they have to do something.

But, the criminal actions were done to protect the NCAA sanctioned sports programs, by coaches and AD's in said program...that's why I think they have to do something.

If im a judge, and clearly I'm not, I'd probably point to 2 separate items, the means (acts) and the ends (sports) that can be separated and not dependent on the other

Honestly, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If I had agreed with your post, would something had been said to the contrary and pleading 'I don't know what my thoughts are' been done? Doubt it. I chose to focus on the part of your post that I disagreed with the most. You can choose what to think and what to believe and I respect that but to make a post like that which ended like it did and not expect people to comment on it is shortsighted at best.
The point of the sentence you took exception with was "I'm having trouble rectifying my feelings towards JoePa." You chose to completely ignore everything except for half of a prepositional phrase and then attribute it to me as some sort of declarative statement as though I'm trying to defend him. Then, when I try to clarify myself by repeating the sentence in a different way, I'm "having my cake and eating it too?"

Seriously, if you're not a lawyer or a politician you may have missed your calling.

If im a judge, and clearly I'm not, I'd probably point to 2 separate items, the means (acts) and the ends (sports) that can be separated and not dependent on the other

I understand what you are saying, I just look at it from the point of if they weren't protecting the sports program would the acts been covered up or reported right away.

Consider this.....if the same scenario took place but it involved members of the faculty do you think the same effort would have been to cover it up or would the authorities been called immediately?

You have to just choose your words carefully on a forum. I'm learning this. I can get so emotionally vested in a subject that I just talk through my fingers.

The point of the sentence you took exception with was "I'm having trouble rectifying my feelings towards JoePa." You chose to completely ignore everything except for half of a prepositional phrase and then attribute it to me as some sort of declarative statement as though I'm trying to defend him. Then, when I try to clarify myself by repeating the sentence in a different way, I'm "having my cake and eating it too?"

Seriously, if you're not a lawyer or a politician you may have missed your calling.

And I'd say that if you're not on Dancing with the Stars next season you're wasting your tap dancing skills.

I know you are struggling to understand why people dont seem to understand. Let me use this as an example. If I say "My wife cheated on me, I am either going to leave her or chop her up into little pieces and bury her in the backyard", people might object to the 2nd part of that sentence. If I say "Im not sure if OJ Simpson killed his wife, but if he did, maybe she really deserved it", people are going to object to the 2nd part of that as well. Why? Because they are completely ridiculous and show feelings that are loathed. If someone says I am unsure of my feelings for a guy that hid a child molester, and the 2nd part is maybe he was just an old guy that didnt understand (generalizing) people might object to that.

They wont get the death penalty, even though they probably should. While these crimes are heinous and make me sick, Baylor basketball had murder, coverup, etc in their MBB program. They were spared, so will PSU FB.

Back