Forum Testing Signup - Secret Grip

Thanks to THP and Boccieri for a great testing!! I've been pondering these lately and can't wait to hear more about them!!

1. What type of grips do you use now? Golf Pride VDR
2. Have you tried any Boccieri products? No
3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately? Yes, will regrip myself
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes

Not sure I have said how excited I am about this testing!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1. What type of grips do you use now? Winn Drive-Tac on driver and 3w and Golf Pride VDR on all other irons.

2. Have you tried any Boccieri products? Nope but have heard great things

3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately? Yep can do them all myself as soon as I receive them.

4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? I consider myself pretty active. While not being a high volume poster, I do follow along with quite a few threads and get the most out of everything on here.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I hope we see these grips going on a variety of clubs. Pretty excited to see the results!

Still time to sign up people, get on this!

1. What type of grips do you use now? Golf Pride

2. Have you tried any Boccieri products? No

3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately? Yes

4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes I do

I can't wait for this one. I love trying new grips.

I hope we see these grips going on a variety of clubs. Pretty excited to see the results!

Still time to sign up people, get on this!
It will be great to see everyone's opinions depending on the club they're on. It's amazing how much grips matter in golf, it's the only thing connecting your hands to the club!!!

Keep the entries coming everyone.

Bump! Need more people interested in what could be a pretty unique testing opportunity!

Boccieri makes some very to the point products, no glamour necessary.

oh man, this is awesome. I have been ver intrigued by these. I found the boccieri irons pretty easy to hit and I think the grips had a roll in that

Another great opportunity here, nice job Boccieri.

oh man, this is awesome. I have been ver intrigued by these. I found the boccieri irons pretty easy to hit and I think the grips had a roll in that

That grip is not standard on their clubs. Was it a modified set of irons with the "Secret Grips" installed?

Still looking forward to this one. I think it's gonna shed a lot of light on "back weighting" clubs and also bring us a little closer to confirming/debunking the "lighter is longer" idea that has taken over a lot of the equipment world.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Still looking forward to this one. I think it's gonna shed a lot of light on "back weighting" clubs and also bring us a little closer to confirming/debunking the "lighter is longer" idea that has taken over a lot of the equipment world.

Agreed, dude. I'd love to get a chance to test these out...however, I'm not sold that I would enjoy the lighter clubhead feeling. I tend to prefer a heavier head feel, but I think it'd be interesting to give these a shot.

Agreed, dude. I'd love to get a chance to test these out...however, I'm not sold that I would enjoy the lighter clubhead feeling. I tend to prefer a heavier head feel, but I think it'd be interesting to give these a shot.

I don't know if this is true or not but I've read on a lot of club builders blogs that's grip weight may change static swing weight but weight would have to be further down the shaft toward the axis to have an effect on dynamic SW or how the club "feels" during the swing.

Sorry. Not trying to start a debate in here just maybe one more thing for us to give feedback on if we are picked. That's what I was getting at.

I don't know if this is true or not but I've read on a lot of club builders blogs that's grip weight may change static swing weight but weight would have to be further down the shaft toward the axis to have an effect on dynamic SW or how the club "feels" during the swing.

Sorry. Not trying to start a debate in here just maybe one more thing for us to give feedback on if we are picked. That's what I was getting at.

The point of a backweighted club it to get the feel of a lighter club, and it will affect SW in a big way. Same way if you put on a ultra light grip like a 25g one.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.[/QUOTE]

The point of a backweighted club it to get the feel of a lighter club, and it will affect SW in a big way. Same way if you put on a ultra light grip like a 25g one.

[/QUOTE]

So as I said before. Not a debate. So no debat-ing. I was talking about things to touch on during testing.

Sorry if I come off a bit brash. Not trying to be.

Anyone, is there anywhere on the website that touches directly on how these grips are expected to improve your game?

Hopefully Im not too late to enter this one. Concept has one of these grips and was raving about it. I saw him hit some wonderful shots and even got a chance to hit a wedge. I cleared my standard wedge by 10 yards easily and it was much straighter. Consider me a fan and hopefully a lucky tester!

1. What type of grips do you use now? I use Tour Velvets on my woods and corded Velvets on my irons
2. Have you tried any Boccieri products? Yes! The secret grip once and hit quite a few of their products at demo days. I still lust after the driver and hybrid!
3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately? Yes, I can grip them myself.
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Very active, as a forum leader its definitely one of my passions and something I take very seriously. Love talking to all my friends on this forum.

Late night bump for anyone who hasn't got in this yet!

I'll throw my name in the hat I guess. I really hope it isn't more than a few grips so I can put them on my woods and wedges. I'd really rather not regrip my irons as I just put the THP grips on them.

1. What type of grips do you use now?

One Golf Pride NDMC, some stock grips, and THP PURE grips.

2. Have you tried any Boccieri products?

No because I'm a lefty.

3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately?

Yes.

4. Do you consider yourself active on THP?

Yes.

I would hope everyone would get in on this. I have done some of the earliest testing in these and I think people will be very surprised by the results. Also, to answer Colts question, the Secret Grips dropped my swing weight from a D2 to a C7 if I remember correctly. That being said the actual difference is less than that because it is tricking the swing weight machine a bit. What I mean is since the weight is in you hands the perceived SW will be higher than what the machine reads.

Last edited:
1. What type of grips do you use now? Winn DriTac Standard
2. Have you tried any Boccieri products? No I have not
3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately? Yes I re-grip myself
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes, though new, still active

I've been meaning to sign up for this, but I just haven't had time to get on and actually sign up, so here goes:

1. What type of grips do you use now?
I use a mixture of Golf Pride Tour Wrap half cord and Lamkin Perma-Wrap Classic 3GEN

2. Have you tried any Boccieri products?
I have not

3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately?
Yes. I do my own regripping at my house and would be able to regrip as soon as these came in

4. Do you consider yourself active on THP?
I do consider myself active. I'm not as active as some, but I'm always on reading posts and when I have something beneficial to add to a thread, I will throw in my opinions.

1. What type of grips do you use now? NDMC

2. Have you tried any Boccieri products?Yes I have at a THP demo day

3. Are you able to have clubs gripped immediately? Yes I am

4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes I do

Back