You are correct, Sharkhat. Keeping the ball moving is very important.

Remember, if they don't count that stroke, at the end of the round when they announce their score....in the back of their mind will be that one they didn't count. And they can't re-do that. That's worse than shooting a straight-up bad score.

This. :clapp:

Yes one of the guys I play with does this religiously. Its quite irratating not to mention that he usually misses that to and doesnt count the stroke.

Yes one of the guys I play with does this religiously. Its quite irratating not to mention that he usually misses that to and doesnt count the stroke.

According to the by-laws of the DPA, he's actually in the right on this one. It was probably a gimme anyway.

According to the by-laws of the DPA, he's actually in the right on this one. It was probably a gimme anyway.

Apperantly its not a gimme if he cant make it....:act-up:

LOL - Touche!

Your argument makes sense, but we can't just ignore rules.

i love that video of Yoccos. freaking hilarious i forgot you guys made that video there were a few good ones from the mini golf course last year.

Apperantly its not a gimme if he cant make it....:act-up:

But it IS a gimmie. That's in the rules. You can pick it up or drag putt it. It's still only one stroke.

But it IS a gimmie. That's in the rules. You can pick it up or drag putt it. It's still only one stroke.

If the ball is still rolling it cant be a gimme

I'm gonna have to start thinking about using my putter off the tee more often... walk to the green, ball in tow!

I'm gonna have to start thinking about using my putter off the tee more often... walk to the green, ball in tow!

Now this is a good idea!

I'm so use to people(I hesitate to call them golfers) not knowing and/or playing by the rules that it doesn't bother me at all. Neither does playing O.B. or lost ball as a lateral hazard, 5 foot gimmie's, or any of the other common things you see when golfing. Mulligan's bother me a little if they get excessive and are slowing down play. I'll occasionally hit another ball(once every 5 rounds or less) off the tee if I've hit an especially horrendous shot, but I'll play my first ball. They are only cheating themselves and making it easier for me to beat them with their vanity handicaps!

I'm so use to people(I hesitate to call them golfers) not knowing and/or playing by the rules that it doesn't bother me at all. Neither does playing O.B. or lost ball as a lateral hazard, 5 foot gimmie's, or any of the other common things you see when golfing. Mulligan's bother me a little if they get excessive and are slowing down play. I'll occasionally hit another ball(once every 5 rounds or less) off the tee if I've hit an especially horrendous shot, but I'll play my first ball. They are only cheating themselves and making it easier for me to beat them with their vanity handicaps!

But drag putting is OK, right?

Sure is. Drag putting is always okay.

I know it is with most of us, but these rules sticklers tend to have issues with us in the DPA.

I know it is with most of us, but these rules sticklers tend to have issues with us in the DPA.

Eh, phooey on them, lol. Silly sticklers.

Drag putting is humorous and harmless, my 6 year old did it twice today! She also likes the push putting when close to the hole, which also gives me a chuckle. QUOTE=Smallville;1493125]But drag putting is OK, right?[/QUOTE]

Where have all the drag putters gone?

I still drag.

Back